• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Musou 2 announced - PS3/Vita

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I agree! She's one of my favorites, might make me want to use Robin a bit more now.

I'm hoping they can do me another solid and give Robin Nō's costume. I would be so hyped.

Just saw that short gameplay clip of Nami. Maybe it's just me but she seems to be pretty legit in this. Never played the first one so have no clue how she was in that.

7nPejRg.jpg

So here's our full roster. Apparently, there's two Blackbeards. One with just the Yami Yami no mi and another with both Yami Yami no mi and Gura Gura no Mi. I wonder how different they are?

EDIT: Oh, and the screenshot does kinda show that the levelcap is above 50 now.

An image with Perona, and yet my eyes are drawn not to her lack of decency but to the touch prompt in the screenshot, and I weep for whatever it is.

Touch your backpanel enough and they'll stripping!

Siliconera reports that touching the screen can activate the style change which makes sense as the screen where Perona's style bar (the blue one) by her face isn't full and there isn't any touch input.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FINALLY some Vita footage...and it looks great! Why did Namco-Bandai not release anything on this port?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Was Nami always such a weakling? She's literally shown as always being unable to defend herself.

For some reason Oda decided to make her girl Ussop. I don't remember when exactly but no she was not always like that. Early on in the series she was characterized as being really strong-willed, capable and determined

Now she's always in danger and says things like "Enemies that are running away are my specialty!"

Nami's weapon makes her one of the most powerful characters in the Straw hat pirates, Nami's personality makes her one of the weakest.

Which is pretty stupid to me.

I remember how awesome her Alabasta fight was because of her crappy weapon that Ussop put together that she was reading the instructions for mid fight.

Now she's basically Storm after training on Weather Island or whatever.

and the only reason she fights is so the main fighters(Luffy, Zoro, Sanji. The only crew members that need to be fighting) don't have to hit girls.

One Piece.

I've never gotten into the manga are there any stand out games in the series?

Grand Battle Rush(JP Only) and Grand Adventure(US/EU only) are pretty awesome Power Stone like games. (Powerstone 1. 1v1 games)

Grabbed the Vita version. It looks great on the system and it runs surprisingly well. I haven't yet encountered any major slowdown, which blows my mind. I wasn't expecting a stable performance, at all.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't stop General Franky from beating one up during the finale of punk hazard

You mean the same arc where Tashigi has to take on a girl Logia because Zoro is secretly Sanji on the inside?

(at least until she starts losing. Then damsel in distress trope overrides that I guess. and even then he doesn't take her seriously)

Reknoc

Grabbed the Vita version. It looks great on the system and it runs surprisingly well. I haven't yet encountered any major slowdown, which blows my mind. I wasn't expecting a stable performance, at all.

What you mean to say is is that its an awful port and we shouldn't feel bad that it's probably not getting released over here

:(

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Zoro already had the much weaker character beaten, just because he didn't finish her off shows nothing.

Except that it's directly commented on by Sanji saying something like "he's really a good guy" in reference to Zoro going easy on her as he's passing through

and that him not finishing her off directly causes complications later that probably would have gotten them all killed if it weren't for Law's clever bait and switch/dumb luck.

On top of it being something that Zoro has never done. This is the dude that slaughtered all those bounty hunters in Whiskey Peak despite them being.....you know.....not Logia devil fruit users

Ohnonono

I don't understand why the Vita version isn't getting at least a digital release over here. Seems like such a small amount of work if its translated and everything already.

I'm strangely excited for this game. Honestly I though the first game was pretty average, but I absolutely love One Piece. When reading through the thread I found myself getting really excited. Honestly I'm really looking forward to this game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Playable Marco is the best thing.

I don't care about a physical release either, so download version here we go.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What you mean to say is is that its an awful port and we shouldn't feel bad that it's probably not getting released over here

:(

Good thing Vita games are region-free! Still waiting on P-A to ship out my copy.

Top Bottom