• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Musou 2 announced - PS3/Vita

Fantastic news to see it coming so soon in EU. Hopefully it's the same for NA!
Hrrrrrrrm. Not a fan of them fucking around with 'when' Skypeia happened with New World Luffy there and his newest attack.

Hopefully just an initial marketing shot that isn't in the game proper.
It's just a marketing screenshot, they're not going to shove New World Luffy there, unless the story has something to do with time travel or something. Plus you can use any character on any level basically, so there's also that.

That was fast for it to come out of JPN only, hopefully it is announced us here, vita version especially.

Dont know why one would want to play as Enel though, awful product of an awful arc.

Sora_N

Now I'm not sure if I should buy the first OP Musou, will they possibly exclude whatever arcs they already covered in the first game?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Probably not, otherwise the sequel would be very short!

Theres more than enough arcs for them to do in the sequel while cutting out the ones they covered, and more of them are suited to the Musou style as well if they really wanted to get comprehensive:

- Captain Kuro Arc
- LogueTown (essential to introduce Smoker really)
- Whiskey Peak
- Little Garden
- Jaya
- Skypeia (confirmed)
- Foxy/Davyback (mini-game central?) + Ao Kiji boss
- Thriller Bark
- Amazon Lily (punchin loadsa gals... might not be allowed XD)

then TimeSkip and Fishman Island and Punk Hazard. If theyre still looking for a little more content, they can turn to the 'canon' movies of Strong World and Z to fill some gaps.

Love Musou games, but know nothing about One Piece. Is the first game worth a look?

No, not at all. The first game is purely fan-service. You'll have no idea what's going on in the story without having read One Piece, and the gameplay is pretty good but nothing amazing.

I don't know anything about One Piece, but the news said this game will cover the "New World" and "Sky Island" chapters (I don't know the English names, sorry).

Also, that Enel guy was announced as a playable character.

Skypedia is a pretty average arc in my opinion, but it's not too bad. Enel as a playable character is pretty cool. I wonder if this game will also have the Strawhats + four other characters as playable or if there'll be more. Hopefully there'll be many more. '

The first game was good but there are soooo many things that can be improved in the sequel.

Still didn't play the Pirate Warrior, it's so damn expensive

What? It's cheaper than the average game I think, and it's been at 50% on both American and Europan PSN in case buying it on disc is too expensive for you.

Theres more than enough arcs for them to do in the sequel while cutting out the ones they covered, and more of them are suited to the Musou style as well if they really wanted to get comprehensive:

- Captain Kuro Arc
- LogueTown Arc (essential to introduce Smoker really)
- Whiskey Peak
- Little Garden
- Jaya
- Skypeia (confirmed)
- Foxy/Davyback (mini-game central?) + Ao Kiji boss
- Thriller Bark
- Amazon Lily

then TimeSkip and Fishman Island and Punk Hazard. If theyre still looking for a little more content, they can turn to the 'canon' movies of Strong World and Z to fill some gaps.

Well, a lot of the arcs you mentioned can't really be done in a game like this. Like Captain Kuro arc. That would be like the smallest level in the game.

Instead of having loads of arcs, I think they should just have three arcs and do them really well. Skypeia, Thriller Bark and some new world. Fewer arcs doesn't mean less content, mind you. They could make the levels bigger, more open, more things to do and collect in them etc. Or maybe create an all-new arc and have it be open-world.

Open-world Thriller Bark with exploration and rewards would be amazing.

Official site has been updated!

iLwjW.jpg

there's nothing new at all

SykoTech

I don't know anything about One Piece, but the news said this game will cover the "New World" and "Sky Island" chapters (I don't know the English names, sorry).

Also, that Enel guy was announced as a playable character.

Excellent. Playable villains then.

Looking forward to kicking all kinds of ass with Crocodile.

Reknoc

I like how the 3 New World design Straw Hats they're showing are the only ones that appeared in the first game.

Sora_N

All I need to do is start/finish the first one. Glad I bought it when it was cheap for PS+ members.

I'm still super choked I missed it by a few days...I hope it goes on sale again, then I'll definitely grab without hesitation since it'd be cheaper than importing the EU version.

No, not at all. The first game is purely fan-service. You'll have no idea what's going on in the story without having read One Piece, and the gameplay is pretty good but nothing amazing.

Skypedia is a pretty average arc in my opinion, but it's not too bad. Enel as a playable character is pretty cool. I wonder if this game will also have the Strawhats + four other characters as playable or if there'll be more. Hopefully there'll be many more. '

The first game was good but there are soooo many things that can be improved in the sequel.

What? It's cheaper than the average game I think, and it's been at 50% on both American and Europan PSN in case buying it on disc is too expensive for you.

Well, a lot of the arcs you mentioned can't really be done in a game like this. Like Captain Kuro arc. That would be like the smallest level in the game.

Instead of having loads of arcs, I think they should just have three arcs and do them really well. Skypeia, Thriller Bark and some new world. Fewer arcs doesn't mean less content, mind you. They could make the levels bigger, more open, more things to do and collect in them etc. Or maybe create an all-new arc and have it be open-world.

Open-world Thriller Bark with exploration and rewards would be amazing.

That is certainly true, but with the DW series they pretty much repeat the story don't they? I can see them doing the same with OP, but I hope more news comes up so I can decide if I want to wait or buy the first game first.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Maybe I'll import the euro release this time purely from a hard drive space perspective.

I don't want to upgrade the drive on my 80gb phat when the fan has been getting loud as fuck, and I'll probably have to buy a new PS3 anyway

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Why do I kinda feel like that picture is spoilerish lol.

I haven't seen Akoji is some time since the time skip AND Luffy never had fire around his Gumo Gumo no Pistol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It appears as though they incorporated special attacks into a normal combo moveset (Zoro's Asura for example). It looks like fun, but wtf did they to Eneru's earlobes?

Apparently, ultra-long earlobes are too difficult. That's my guess.

Please bring this over to the states Namco. Though, I do need to get the first game. I've got some gift cards, I'll buy a PSN card with them.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I've recently bought One Piece: Pirate Warriors (thanks PSN sale!), and completed the main story...and I liked it a lot! Great, ignorant fun XD And after Paper Mario, probably I'm going to play it again for special missions, online, etc. And yeah, can't wait for Pirate Warriors 2. :D

Netto-kun

Latest Jump scan shows that the game will be released in Japan on March 20th. A "Treasure Box" is also shown which will include the game, what looks like a cover skin for the old slim PS3, soundtrack, cards and a calendar (?). All first-print copies of the game will also include a download code for Luffy's outfit in One Piece Film: Z and code for an in-game figurine in the Mobage game One Piece Grand Collection.

As for the prices...

PS3 (regular and DL): 8190 yen
Treasure Box: 12390 yen
Vita (regular and DL): 7140 yen

Scan also shows Nami, Robin and Usopp.

yankee666

Latest Jump scan shows that the game will be released in Japan on March 20th. A "Treasure Box" is also shown which will include the game, what looks like a cover skin for the old slim PS3, soundtrack, cards and a calendar (?). All first-print copies of the game will also include a download code for Luffy's outfit in One Piece Film: Z and code for an in-game figurine in the Mobage game One Piece Grand Collection.

As for the prices...

PS3 (regular and DL): 8190 yen
Treasure Box: 12390 yen
Vita (regular and DL): 7140 yen

Scan also shows Nami, Robin and Usopp.

Damn prices, still day 1 for me (PSV DL)

Mpl90

What the hell, Koei Tecmo.

Dynasty Warriors 8 and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 just separated by a month. What the hell :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What the hell, Koei Tecmo.

Dynasty Warriors 8 and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 just separated by a month. What the hell :lol

Its a Bandai Namco title though - dont see why they would care after all its sell because its One Piece.

Mpl90

Its a Bandai Namco title though - dont see why they would care after all its sell because its One Piece.

Yes, then I remembered One Piece is a Bandai Namco title. Still, seeing both of them so near to each other...what the hell XD

Showing Aokiji in his movie/post time skip form seems to hint they're going to include a Film Z stage to help beef the post timeskip part of the game. Hopefully they do a Strong World stage as well.

Top Bottom