• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Musou 2 announced - PS3/Vita

How flashy, I like it. Hopefully there will be gameplay improvements too.

Welp that confirms 4/9 post time skip strawhats, safe to bet we'll get all of them

Edit: Watching some gameplay videos makes it look like they're doing a "what if" type scenario with Skypeia where the Strawhat pirates journey there after the time skip.

Well, some earlier scans also showed time skip Ussop and Robin, so that's already 6 out of 9 strawhats.

JordanN

Banned
New image of the treasure box is out. It's a shame there's no artbook to go with it like the first game. :(

4ddc1dcb.jpg

Also, here's the Vita version boxart.

Luffy's One Piece Film Z costume.

I figured I should bump this because Bartholomew Kuma was revealed as a playable character in the latest Jump. I think it's the real Kuma and not a Pacifista.

EDIT: Also in the scan, there's what looks to be enemies with dark yellow-ish/green-ish skin. Thriller Bark?

I figured I should bump this because Bartholomew Kuma was revealed as a playable character in the latest Jump. I think it's the real Kuma and not a Pacifista.

EDIT: Also in the scan, there's what looks to be enemies with dark yellow-ish/green-ish skin. Thriller Bark?

Yeah, it's the real Kuma since he has the paw pads. The new enemies look like zombies, if that's the case Thriller Bark will make it in. They should have just used Unlimited Cruise's zombies if they are indeed the zombies because these look terrible (design-wise), from what I can tell.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda in the mood to play the first one

I really wish it wasn't 50 dollars

Another new scan is out, "confirming" TS Chopper, Franky, and Brook, plus a few screenshots.

General Franky is in(musou move?), and there's two different levels in terms of scenery. One where it is raining with a fountain in the center of a town, and the other is in a forest-like area.

Also, Nami is now on the official site.

Yeah, it's the real Kuma since he has the paw pads. The new enemies look like zombies, if that's the case Thriller Bark will make it in. They should have just used Unlimited Cruise's zombies if they are indeed the zombies because these look terrible (design-wise), from what I can tell.
Hopefully the zombie models are just WIP, because they really don't look good. :lol

Wow I'm excited! I played the last one and really enjoyed it, being a One Piece fan myself.

Let's just hope we don't have an outrageous coin collecting trophy like last time. I'm still trying to get all those coins sadly.

Tizoc

Smoker & Trafalgar Law playable confirmed :)

Woah that sorta makes me see that Punk Hazard will be adapted, it did end just recently. Wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the game for a while just to get that part done.

Woah that sorta makes me see that Punk Hazard will be adapted, it did end just recently. Wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the game for a while just to get that part done.
It is very likely to be Punk Hazard since they are the timeskip versions of the characters.

Spoilers~!

Looking forward to this.

A heads up for anyone looking to get Pirate Warriors 1, it'll be $25 on the NA PSN store this week. I'm glad I didn't buy it over the holidays now.

Moosichu

As some who hasn't played the first but recently got into One Piece. Should I wait or jump in? (Will 2 cover all the stuff in 1 again?) The last brawler game I played like this was DW2.

Sora_N

As some who hasn't played the first but recently got into One Piece. Should I wait or jump in? (Will 2 cover all the stuff in 1 again?) The last brawler game I played like this was DW2.

I've been told that the second game will cover all or most of the content from the first game, probably. However, the first game is on sale for a month on PSN. I'm personally just gonna buy it at that price, and wait for the second game to go on sale too. Works out best that way for me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Law's in the game? Shit... looks like I'll be paying full price for this.
Post timeskip Straw Hats, Eneru, Kuma, Perona, Smoker, and Law. This game is looking awesome.

Looks like we got our marines. New scans show Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji(Post-TS), and Garp are all playable. They also show "evil" versions of the Straw Hats, which will probably be used in the Pirate Log mode(or to justify fighting the crew as bosses. :p)

Looks like we got our marines. New scans show Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji(PTS), and Garp are all playable. They also show "evil" versions of the Straw Hats, which will probably be used in the Pirate Log mode(or to justify fighting the crew as bosses. :p)

More playable characters is definitely welcomed!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Looks like we got our marines. New scans show Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji(PTS), and Garp are all playable. They also show "evil" versions of the Straw Hats, which will probably be used in the Pirate Log mode(or to justify fighting the crew as bosses. :p)

PTS or PTS?

Moosichu

Im still salty about lack of Western Vita release. Will get on PS3 at some point though, especially for playable perona. ^_^

I posted this in the manga thread felt I should post it here too, please note this is a rumor but based upon today's reveal I feel it's worth mentioning. A few days ago someone posted a "leaked" list of the final roster for this game and it had Garp and the three Admirals on it as well, even indicating that Aokiji was using his post time skip design.

Time Skip Strawhats + Jimbei, Pretime skip Strawhats + Jimbei, Garp, Smoker, Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Kuma, Mihawk, Hancock, Law, Crocodile, Whitebeard, Marco, Ace, Blackbeard, Enel/eru, and Perona

crinale

Along with Sakazuki/Kuzan/Borsalino & Garp (mentioned previously), Mihawk/Crocodile/Buggy are now joining the roaster :)

Edit: Just looked at the scan and it's confirmed. (Of course I can't post the scan here so sorry about that).

Top Bottom