• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origami condoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Video here. NSFW. Didn't see a thread anywhere.

In addition to being stretchier and more flexible than latex, silicone is more effective at blocking viruses and bacteria. This video compares a recent prototype with traditional condoms, showing how internal lubrication allows it to be slipped on much faster with no unrolling required. Its fluid lining is supposed to mimic the vaginal environment, simulating sex without a condom for a man. Ridges on its surface are meant to enhance the experience, making it double as a sex toy.

Gotta find someone to use it with first though

image.php

hym

Banned
They really couldn't get female hands to demonstrate this?

I don't trust the science of companies with such horrible marketing.

Amir0x

Banned
I've never been able to use a condom and... finish. I am actually genuinely curious if the origami condom would change that. Might be very world changing in that case.

Trin

It's an interesting idea, but the way he struggled to put on the regular condom belongs in a terrible infomercial.

Video here. NSFW. Didn't see a thread anywhere.
i can fap to/with this.gif

Assuming that's not something that can burst and spray lubrication everywhere, it looks INCREDIBLE. Condom technology has long since needed an overhaul, and if this is significantly safer against pregnancies and STDs, all the better.

that looks like it would come off inside her, been there, done that
I went to the company website linked in the video, and expected to see some sleazy Vegas-based webstore, but was surprised to find what was essentially a press release for investors.

Among the goals they were aiming for with the design:

• Creating a barrier that does not diminish sensitivity
  • Improving fit and reducing constriction
  • Making the condom easier and quicker to don (minimize interruption of sexual activity)
  • Reducing slippage by designing a means of securing the condom
  • Reducing breakage by searching for a more durable alternative to latex and plastic
  • Finding an alternative material that is acceptable to consumers with latex allergy (2% of population)

Even if they nail three out of the six, that's worth a premium price for sure.

shaowebb

If its lubed on the inside and moves around like that wouldn't it just tug off? I mean it says its snug on the base, but just how snug we talking here? Seems like a nice idea if it doesn't have a tendency to get yanked off in the middle of things.

shaowebb

I just dont see a snug fit base as good enough with it internally lubed. Its like pulling a ring off with soapy water. Tug and its gone. Maybe if they had a loop or something that secured it under the balls I'd believe it wouldn't tug off because they had "tied it to the dock", but that sound like a tug away situation still wouldn't be stopped...it'd just also result in the painful throttling of your balls.

Its a great idea, but I just don't see something able to move around that much with internal lubricant as staying secure easily with just a ring. Is the ring grooved on the inside so that it grips once it tightens down to anchor it? Still confused here on the ins and outs of this things product design.

shaowebb

That banana is like 12 times larger than my penis.

This brings up another design question from me. How do you insure you got the right size with this if its not a roll on and is dependant on penis width to even stay secure? I mean if you buy one too long you can't just leave the rest rolled like a normal condom. It'd be flopping around like a sockpuppet flail from the top of your junk and that can't be pleasant for either of you.

This brings up another design question from me. How do you insure you got the right size with this if its not a roll on and is dependant on penis width to even stay secure? I mean if you buy one too long you can't just leave the rest rolled like a normal condom. It'd be flopping around like a sockpuppet flail from the top of your junk and that can't be pleasant for either of you.
I assume it would come in several sizes and you'd either have to guess and check, or break out the measuring tape and feel very uncomfortable the next time mom uses it to sew a sweater for you.

I'm thinking of how it would work for butt sex.
I was thinking about this as well because it's significantly larger, but if two people can.... figure that out, the potential benefit of the safety factor is HUGE in regards to transmitting HIV to your partner.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I assume it would come in several sizes and you'd either have to guess and check, or break out the measuring tape and feel very uncomfortable the next time mom uses it to sew a sweater for you.

Eh... condoms basically come in three diameters, all too small. There was a company that made a much larger range of sizes (95 different length/girth combinations) but they went out of business.
EDIT: It looks like they're back, but they don't sell to the USA any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom