• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Not Interested in Dino Crisis or Onimusha Return

Jawmuncher

From Destructoid:
Resident Evil Revelations producer Masachika Kawata has admitted Capcom isn't too hot on the idea of returning to Onimusha or Dino Crisis anytime soon. According to the developer, Capcom's more interested in brand new IP right now.

"Capcom has obviously never shied away from bringing back our older IPs to new generations, but I do think it's more important for us to focus on creating new IP as we move forward," he told Videogamer.

Capcom had some success with Dragon's Dogma last year, and is probably hoping to keep chasing that rainbow. While it's sad we won't get to see followups to a pair of quality properties, we do spend all our time lamenting sequels and wanting new IP, so I'd feel hypocritical being mad at Capcom this time.

I really do miss Onimusha, but I can look on the bright side -- the longer Capcom backs off it, the longer it'll take before we face the reality of an Onimusha co-op cover shooter with day-one DLC.

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-s...ml&nav=mobile&mode=mobile#mZzIJMdUi0HiuP7x.99

My Dino Crisis dreams are crushed. Not to mention I know there are plenty of Onimusha fans on gaf. The worse thing is both games would be ripe for a reboot that would basically make them new IPs anyway.

also ending a series with Dino Crisis 3 is terrible, not even Mega Man fans have it that bad.

0207_d54p.gif

I loved DC 1 & 2 :(

GSR

Shu Takumi's not working on anything, Capcom. Take the man back to his roots and usher in a new era of dinosaur-shooting action.

Gambit

The strange thing is that the style of the more action-oriented Resident Evils would be great for Dino Crisis.

They just gotta time it to release with Jurassic Park 4.

Into

Well if this rumored Jurassic Park 4 movie is a reality, and becomes a huge hit i guess i could see them bringing Dino Crisis back =/

Great. Fuck rehashes, I want original games. It's sad to see that people are actually disappointed when a studio doesn't announce a sequel.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I can't believe Crapcom ran out of shitty western developers to outsource their IPs to.

It's better this way. Did you see Dino Crisis 3? ...Yeah that's what Capcom would outsource for more of.

I say: Good. Let them rest in peace. Now Capcom can't fuck their corpse and make us mourn what they used to be.

Jawmuncher

Great. Fuck rehashes, I want original games. It's sad to see that people are actually disappointed when a studio doesn't announce a sequel.

Every new IP is made with sequels in mind for the most part. Plus if something has been dormant long enough I kinda think it gets a pass.

Diablos54

Only played the first Dino Crisis, but it was awesome. Walking with a weapon was a great innovation. (No, I'm not joking :p)

Dahbomb

Both games deserve a reboot. Both games were at once million copy sellers so some appeal is there for them. Even if they get a Western dev to reboot them it has to happen.

Jawmuncher

Well if this rumored Jurassic Park 4 movie is a reality, and becomes a huge hit i guess i could see them bringing Dino Crisis back =/

Only thing I could see helping it at this point.
It would have to be pretty big though.

The strange thing is that the style of the more action-oriented Resident Evils would be great for Dino Crisis.

They just gotta time it to release with Jurassic Park 4.

Exactly. Dino Crisis 2 was already following action, what capcom did with RE6 action wise would make for a pretty awesome game.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
these games would barely find a market nowadays, which is why Capcom's decision is not surprising at all

Apdiddy

I don't mind that Capcom wants to make new IP's on the consoles (provided that the new IP's are great), I just wish they would at least entertain the notion to release a new Onimusha or Dino Crisis game. I wouldn't even mind seeing either of them on the handhelds and at least an Onimusha HD Collection. Dino Crisis could work on 3DS even (just take the RE: Revelations engine).

Sucks about Dino Crisis. I could see it being a better fit for the more action-oriented direction Resident Evil went in more than RE itself.

I mean, I like seeing new IPs from them, (Ghost Trick and Dead Rising were great; Haven't gotten around to Dragon's Dogma, but I hear that's pretty good, too.) but I wouldn't mind seeing them revisit a dormant series once in a while.

Top Bottom