• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Not Interested in Dino Crisis or Onimusha Return

Coxy

Do you guys really want capcom as they are now to touch Breath of Fire? They'll just outsource it to Ninja Theory who'll make it about a brown haired otherkin and say it's before he became a dragon

kunonabi

Yeah, Capcom would just screw them up. New IPs are noble endeavor but they actually need to be good which Capcom has had trouble with recently.

RE6's mechanics would work so much better with Dino Crisis though.

vareon

There's only one way for revival. Combine the game into Dino Crisis: Onimusha Returns, a sword action game where a samurai dinosaur fights samurai and dinosaurs. Developed by Ninja Theory.

Kikujiro

Better this way, both series had their share of games, I'd take a Dragon's Dogma over an Onimusha anyday. New IP is what I want.

Don't know how many of you are fighting game fans but, I think Capcom really needs to do its own allstar fighting game using the Tatsunoko vs Capcom / Marvel type of gameplay.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom ( or MVC3 the first game ) actually got me into more of Capcom's games. I used to just be interested in Capcom for Street Fighter and Mega Man, but UMVC3 got me into the Devil May Cry series, and the Resident Evil Series, not to mention Viewtiful Joe and Okami. ( I recently bought DMCHDCollection and DmC and RE5 on PC and Revelations on 3DS, and soon PC. )

When you have games such as cross overs and such and you spend time breaking down in small detail the characters and the stories they have you generate intrests! I have no idea what Dino Crisis is and have no reason to go back in time and try to play the game or understand it, but introduce the characrers in something and If I like them then yes ill go back and check it out.

But I do remember Onimusha and Rival Schools and Powerstone. All great series that really could use a second life in a cross over type game to bring out the characters and generate some interest with a new audience! Plus old fans will be happy to see the beloved characters again.

I already know Project X Zone on the 3DS when it is localized this summer will get me into a bunch of other RPG's and Fighting games because of what the characters bring to the table.

peronmls

Aren't they already making some horrible Onimusha game? It's some sort of card flash game. Cant remember what it's called. It was awful though.

Droog

Bububububu but I need to know what happens after Dino Crisis 2! I've been waiting 10 years!

tsab

They could make a RE6 mod with Dinos and call it a Dino Crisis reboot.

milking attempt lost... capcpcom I don't recognize you anymore :/

I had a feeling dino crisis was done after the abysmal 3, but I really thought we'd see onimusha again. very saddened by this news. :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
250px-Dinocrisis3box.jpg

Never again

FloatOn

when I first played resident evil 4 I thought of how awesome it would be to play a dino crisis game on that same engine...

what a shame.

xbox killed dino crisis. They fucked it up taking money hats and then ruined what is a great franchise.

maybe they'll reconsider when JP4 does gangbusters

onimusha can stay dead. The arc is done + i've never seen OR anywhere onshelves.

Never ever ever. Maybe they should put OR up on XBLA+PSN as a DL title.

MechDX

Sony's got you covered there. GoW:A's multiplayer is inspired by Powerstone.

Kratos going to have an umbrella to help him land then pull out a bullhorn and yell "AAAHHHHHHH" to stun his opponent? Then grab the gems laying around and turn into a red Power Ranger to beat his foes?

If so, my apologies and let the awesomeness ensue!

Ezalc

If you're not going to use all of these old IPs, at least sell it off to somebody who'll do something with them Capcom.

The_Monk

Oh that's sad, Dino Crisis was good but they would change it for an Action Packed adventure but I would like some Onimusha...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So glad this puts to rest the NT Onimusha revival

Terrible idea that was so widespread I was scared it might happen for a minute

I really liked Onimusha 3 and Dino Crisis 1. Hearing this after playing the good DmC(Srsly i love it more then 2,3 and 4) makes me sad.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm currently contemplating BURNING every Capcom game I own.

What games do you have?

I'm still looking for a copy of some old PS2 games from them that I missed out on

you got Onimusha Blade Warriors?

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Capcom is fucking up. They were formerly my favorite game company I mean look at Viewtiful Joe, Okami, DMC1/3, Onimusha 1/2/3, Dinco Crisis 1/2, Resident Evil 0/RE/2/3/4/5, how can you argue with a developer with that pedigree? They've totally lost their way. Whats worse is they have great ideas for games but lack the ability to realize their visions and set out to gain the attention of the most common denominator, the casual gamer and... I can't continue. How could they do this? No more issening? And racking up points by killing Dinos? I want to know what happens to Dylan and Regina, does she return in time to save or what? C'mon Capcom! Don't do this

What games do you have?

I'm still looking for a copy of some old PS2 games from them that I missed out on

you got Onimusha Blade Warriors?

No Onimusha. Sorry. My PS2 library is woefully barren.

I'm not really going to get rid of their old games, but I MOST CERTAINLY will never buy any of their new ones. Even if they begin on Legends 3 again. Even if they make Dino Crisis 4. And if they put a Capcom character in the next Smash Bros. I'm not playing it.

I'm not going to change anything, and I don't plan to. They've blacklisted themselves from my wallet, though, that's for damn sure.

diamount

Banned
Good. They'd probably fuck them up, even though a Onimusha reboot would be awesome. It started out strong but like most things Capcom turned to shit

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And now, I'm not interested in your company.

Good job.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The Capcom hate on this site is always hilariously irrational.

I'm not really going to get rid of their old games, but I MOST CERTAINLY will never buy any of their new ones. Even if they begin on Legends 3 again. Even if they make Dino Crisis 4. And if they put a Capcom character in the next Smash Bros. I'm not playing it.

I'm not going to change anything, and I don't plan to. They've blacklisted themselves from my wallet, though, that's for damn sure.

Wait so.

You're refusing to buy another one of their games because they aren't making Dino Crisis 4

So if they all of a sudden turn around, retract this statement and begin production on Dino Crisis 4, you won't buy it

because this happened first?

No Onimusha. Sorry. My PS2 library is woefully barren.

aww :(

It's the only one I don't have. Besides Onimusha tactics but fuck those kind of RPGs

Top Bottom