• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
"BAG - NO BAG" could have a pretty simple explanation. He put his bag on the ground because he didnt feel like carrying it while watching the race. The fact that his hands look like theyre in a position to be holding the top small strap part could support that as well.

Except there are 2 other high resolution photos in that series that CLEARLY show him with no bag in hands or shoulder...

vilmer_

I highly recommend watching Anderson Cooper tonight if you can...he interviews Steve Byrne, one of the guys who was (luckily) on the other side of the mailbox. His friends weren't so lucky...he said 4-5 of them all lost legs (a pair of brothers both lost a leg).

He said another friend had 70 nails in his leg.

here's the clip: http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/

Oh my god... Those poor people, ugh.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching Piers Morgan and it says

"Breaking News: Bombs exploded 12 seconds apart"

Ummmm....ok?

CNN doesn't understand what "Breaking News" means. I was in the gym earlier and their breaking news was "investigation is ongoing"

dafuq?

"BAG - NO BAG" could have a pretty simple explanation. He put his bag on the ground because he didnt feel like carrying it while watching the race. The fact that his hands look like theyre in a position to be holding the top small strap part could support that as well.

Yes, and in the bigger 'no bag' picture where he is standing is incredibly densely packed full of people, so it would have simply been good manners to hold the bag on the floor in front of him instead of having it on his back (and in somebody's face.)

do you have a link to those?

You can see the entire series here...keep in mind there are photos of the aftermath here too...if you click on photo you can get the original resolution super high res photos...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hahatango/

There is one photo where his arms are folded and there is space between him and person in front and it's very very obvious he has no bag...if you bring it into photoshop and adjust levels of the high res, you can clearly see it's not on shoulders either...

Arcteryx

The people PM had on CNN tonight ALL had huge hard-ons for Al Qaeda being behind it. Only one of them said it could potentially be domestic(if only one suspect he said).

Vire

Yes, and in the bigger 'no bag' picture where he is standing is incredibly densely packed full of people, so it would have simply been good manners to hold the bag on the floor in front of him instead of having it on his back (and in somebody's face.)
Whether he has the bag or not in the second picture is pretty much irrelevant. Those photos were taken much before the event occurred.

So the bag could have been placed afterwords.

I'm not saying these two are the guys, I'm just sayin'...

so here's the description of a suspect tweeted earlier by cbs news:

wearing a black jacket:
nHN7gYE.png

wearing a hoodie:
QT7tjPc.png

no photos of his hat on backwards, though

Here is the news report asking for help indentifying them for the police: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBJ4IBgjA4

Not surprised.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What time (on the race time) did the bombs go off? Those two guys can be seen at least 1.5 hours before they went off. Seems kind of dumb to stand around that long with a bomb strapped on you.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Where is the original sized photo of that guy? That one is cropped.

edit: I agree that them being there so long before lowers the chances of them having something to do with. With all the security present, you'd think they'd get in and out quickly. Who knows though, they could have also been having more trouble than planned finding a spot and managing to leave the bags without attracting too much attention.

Most of the photos except the first one taken from a different vantage point are all in this photostream and available in hi res...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hahatango/

There's like a million photos.

Pandemic

They just said on FoxNews that their are reports to suggest that investigators are examining whether or not the bombs were assembled near the location of where the bombs exploded. As moving an improvised device over a large distance may cause it to explode early.

Vire

They just said on FoxNews that their are reports to suggest that investigators are examining whether or not the bombs were assembled near the location of where the bombs exploded. As moving an improvised device over a large distance may cause it to explode early.

That sounds like bullshit.

sangreal

Where is the original sized photo of that guy? That one is cropped.

edit: I agree that them being there so long before lowers the chances of them having something to do with. With all the security present, you'd think they'd get in and out quickly. Who knows though, they could have also been having more trouble than planned finding a spot and managing to leave the bags without attracting too much attention.

There's like a million photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hahatango/8653882942/sizes/o/in/set-72157633252445135/

he is talking about that one

Hilti92

Is there any websites where you can donate directly to help the victims? I found one but the minimum is $10 and I am broke but I can give $1. It isn't much but it's all I can really afford. It's a shame to think of how many people are needed to be amputated and how American life insurance is.

LQX

Is there any websites where you can donate directly to help the victims? I found one but the minimum is $10 and I am broke but I can give $1. It isn't much but it's all I can really afford. It's a shame to think of how many people are needed to be amputated and how American life insurance is.

Wait..don't be fast to donate as their might be scammers out in force.

sangreal

so here's the description of a suspect tweeted earlier by cbs news:

wearing a black jacket:
nHN7gYE.png

wearing a hoodie:
QT7tjPc.png

no photos of his hat on backwards, though

Has anyone considered these are two different guys? I believe that is the first shot of backpack guy from the front, with his backpack on and he is wearing different clothes than his no-backpack form. Could've taken off the hoody, obviously

The backpack and no-backpack photos don't come from the same set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom