• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers will see a difference on Day One

Toxa

In talking to a developer who wished to remain anonymous, gamers will see a difference on Day One when they compare third party PS4 games to Xbox One head-to-head. The developer told me the PS4 is 40 percent more powerful than Xbox One and games like Call of Duty Ghosts will be noticeably different out of the gate.

In the past, Xbox 360 games looked better out of the gate and over time PS3 games progressively improved to the point where games like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls stand out even against some next gen titles. But if this differentiator holds true, not only will Xbox One games have DRM issues and no rental options and limited used game opportunities, the games won’t look as good as PS4 titles. That sounds like a perfect storm of negativity for the hardcore gamers.
This processing power issue also could be a potential reason behind the latest controversy that has emerged for Microsoft at E3, in which photos were taken of some Xbox One games running on Windows 7 PCs with NVIDIA graphics cards. Sony PS4 developers took to Twitter saying PS4 demos were running on PS4 dev kits. I know playing PS4 games behind closed doors that the PS4 was clearly visible as I played.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngau...-4-launch-edition-already-sold-out-at-amazon/

lock if old

Acheteedo

As a buyer of both, unless I see evidence to the contrary I'll be pre-ordering my third party launch games for PS4. Get on the case, Digital Foundry.

elektrixx

Banned
I hope so, because it means devs are taking time to get the most out of each console.

Porting games shouldn't mean porting identical quality as well.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Especially if their internet goes out.
image.php

Syf

Banned
Eh, not the first time we've heard this sort of hyping up of one system over the other. Multiplats usually don't differ too much graphically. I'm expecting to see the real difference in exclusives.

I'd honestly be shocked if CoD was one of the games that showed a difference. I don't think MS would be too happy about that given their partnership with Activision.

I just want to say that I appreciate the fact that you didn't highlight that this was Forbes to try and add fake legitimacy to the article.

Omega

Banned
So what I'm hearing is PS4 CoD might actually look like a next gen game and not a 7th gen title?

Cool. Does anyone really care? All the CoD fans are going to buy it on Xbox One because "xbox has better gamers than playstation"

HiiiLife

I'm clearly not the most tech savvy person, but it is safe to assume that multi platform games should run better on PS4, correct? I hated waiting for reviews on which console the game ran better on throughout this gen.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Only 40%? People here on NeoGAF were saying the difference would be up to 100%.
Quote them.

I've read a lot of tech threads and most commonly it was 50% (33%) then some people upping it to 66% due to the reserved OS stuff.

Unless you're saying that all you need is a single person saying that, because then I would say I can find an idiot peddling the cloud and calling it "People here on NeoGAF" which would be absolutely disingenuous.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Eh, not the first time we've heard this sort of hyping up of one system over the other. Multiplats usually don't differ too much graphically. I'm expecting to see the real difference in exclusives.

Multiplats didn't differ too much on the PS360, but this time we have two extremely similar architectures, one of which is considerably more powerful. There will be differences.

RetroStu

Banned
I don't believe this and i won't until we see actuall games side by side. There is so much negativity towards Microsoft on here and the web that you're constantly getting these "My friends sisters brother uncle is a developer and he confirmed the Xbox One is crap, TRUTHFACT" style threads and its pretty cringeworthy.
If i'm wrong then i'm wrong but i don't think the difference will be any worse than it was between the 360 and PS3 this gen in terms of multiplatform games.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There was definitely a visual difference at E3. I just hope multiplatform games take the differences into consideration. We did see a good amount of demos on PS4 so maybe that bodes well.

Top Bottom