• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One supports Suspend/Resume at launch, PS4 doesn't

driver116

https://twitter.com/albertpenello/status/393944655932297217

This was one of the most interesting features about the PS4 which I was generally looking forward to using, seeing how well it works on the Vita. It was also a feature that Mark Cerny boasted at the PS Meeting in February. This seems typical old Sony of past years. I'm knobbed off about it.

Edit - to all those throwing the 'agenda' comment - check post history.

Portugeezer

Strange that they talked about it since February but didn't manage to implement it in the day one update.

How hard can suspending everything in the RAM be?

I find it very weird that PS4 doesn't ship with this feature. Did they run into last minute troubles? At their Gamescom press conference Killzone booted up so fast it had to be suspended.

bidguy

Banned
suspend/resume is probably the best feature on these consoles

weird that sony cant get it working on launch.

Wait, when did they say the PS4 wouldn't have suspend?
From the firmware 1.5 notes:
US PS Blog said:
Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game. We will provide additional information about system software update version 1.50 and features available at the PS4 system’s North America launch, and features that will be available after launch, in the near future.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-details/

Yeah, Xbone is looking more and more appetizing than the PS4 at launch, that's for sure. I don't plan on getting it until Titanfall, but if I'm in the position to get one this holiday (possibly from a bonus check or something), I certainly would think about it.

Tourmeta

That's kinda bad, they've mentioned that feature quite a bit and I would have expected it to be there at launch, hopefully it's not too far away.

Won't affect me at least since I'm waiting until early next year. That is unless they're really slow on it.

Shengar

That last line
pS1URFM.gif

Microsoft gives us new features since the announcement. Sony takes them away. The more things change....

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't fully understand the significance of this feature if it gets people to cancel pre-orders about it and whatnot.

I really dont understand why this is a big deal. It takes less than 30 seconds for a PS3/360 to boot up and another seconds to get into a game. Once the game is booted you can switch between Games and apps just like the Vita.

This and the crying over instant switching of games that xbox one defenders did just after the reversal make me wonder What level of OCD do you need to have for these things to be an issue?

Jesus....

netBuff

Yeah, Xbone is looking more and more appetizing than the PS4 at launch, that's for sure. I don't plan on getting it until Titanfall, but if I'm in the position to get one this holiday (possibly from a bonus check or something), I certainly would think about it.

It really doesn't, with all the multiplatform news Microsoft is having a worse and worse time.

Top Bottom