• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Phat micheal, did you redeem your day one achievement? Can you show us how and unlocked achievement from an x1 game looks like? I'm really curious lol
AiAww1C.jpg

U can go to a big screen of each one too.

What is your endgame? we all know this stuff. You are not discussing anything, you are just listing problems that will either get fixed or are not real problems. If it's not about One vs PS4 then why bring up the PS4 at all?

it looks like if he was enjoying and savouring every negative/flaw, also wishing every XB1 gets bad reviews

Hawk269

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQmRA7v2kaA
Wow voice recognition works flawless for some people, hopefully it gets like that fore everyone eventually.

Damn. No issues with him using Kinect at all. I think stuff is going to vary, but personally, with Kinect 1, I had very little issues with voice recognition. As long as you run the calibration and do all the sound testing properly, it worked well. I assume the same for the new Kinect. Reading other forums and user impressions tells me the same thing, that it just works really well if properly set up.

And from what I've played, I'd be highly surprised if Ryse turns out to be anything but a bad game: There's a reason MS have set the embargo for just two hours prior to launch.

What's the reason every game review embargo didn't end on Monday? Why was Forza held back? Sounds like you're saying the MS review embargos operate on a sliding scale of game shittiness.

FrankT

My god the fire effects in this are incredible. I can't take photos cos I have to pause. Combat is kinda like Assassins Creed with parries etc. It looks and sounds so Damn amazing. After the install finishes gonna download killer instinct and forza overnight. It's getting late here and I have work tomorrow :/

Hype

Azzurri

Amazon shipped my ps4 Thursday and I got it on launch. I do have a warehouse like 2 hours away the next state over.

Wow. Just got the forza 5 downloading with a QR code. Took 2 seconds. Same as day 1 achievement. Need to hold it 2 feet in front of sensor. Recognised it instantly.

venne

Wish there was more information on Xbox Fitness.

It's the only thing keeping me from just flipping the One like I did the PS4.

Far out it said killer instinct was queued. It was downloading in the background the whole time and now it's installing automatically. Brilliant.

netBuff

What's the reason every game review embargo didn't end on Monday? Why was Forza held back? Sounds like you're saying the MS review embargos operate on a sliding scale of game shittiness.

Forza 5 has plenty of drawbacks, but not the kind that game reviewers would notice (some, like Eurogamer or EDGE, seem to be a bit more keen on this matter). It was probably held back to get its own special press niche for maximum effect.

Ryse, on the other hand, was most likely held back for trying to burry its review scores.

What is your endgame? we all know this stuff. You are not discussing anything, you are just listing problems that will either get fixed or are not real problems. If it's not about One vs PS4 then why bring up the PS4 at all?

"The very real problems you mentioned are not real problems or we know about them already". Seems likely to me!

What does knack and killzone have on metacritic?

Why does it matter?

Mononoke

Banned
Well, looks like I'm back to waiting in line for launch. Amazon was a fuckin disaster. Got my pre-order in this morning. For some reason my estimated delivery date is showing November 25th. After a lot of back and forth with various reps, they are now claiming my Day One edition (which shows up on my invoice) is wrong, and that I have a standard edition.

lol

Probably going to cancel before they charge me, and just go hunting in person. Godamnit.

Gorki247

What would constitute a QTE not working well? From what I've played of Ryse, it's just "colour appears on screen, press button. If you don't the execution still happens the exactly same way".

If you don't get it right your execution won't be as good and you don't get as many XP but you won't fail the fight either.

daman824

Forza 5 has plenty of drawbacks, but not the kind that game reviewers would notice (some, like Eurogamer or EDGE, seem to be a bit more keen on this matter). It was probably held back to get its own special press niche for maximum effect.

Ryse, on the other hand, was most likely held back for trying to burry its review scores.

"The very real problems you mentioned are not real problems or we know about them already". Seems likely to me!

Why does it matter?
Oh....I guess it doesn't. I though we were talking about bad games and negative news..... Nevermind then.

operon

Well, looks like I'm back to waiting in line for launch. Amazon was a fuckin disaster. Got my pre-order in this morning. For some reason my estimated delivery date is showing November 25th. After a lot of back and forth with various reps, they are now claiming my Day One edition (which shows up on my invoice) is wrong, and that I have a standard edition.

lol

Probably going to cancel before they charge me, and just go hunting in person. Godamnit.

That's sucks completely

My god the fire effects in this are incredible. I can't take photos cos I have to pause. Combat is kinda like Assassins Creed with parries etc. It looks and sounds so Damn amazing. After the install finishes gonna download killer instinct and forza overnight. It's getting late here and I have work tomorrow :/

how was you able to buy the console early? a freind held it for you instore or something? lol

What's the threshold for reviews that are held for marketing purposes and being held to hide their absolute shittiness? Microsoft really should have held Lococycle until that threshold was reached.

lol

Ah, man, that really sucks. I preordered this morning and guess I got lucky. Good luck out there!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

lol

You better cancel right now then.

You don't answer any of my questions, you quote me incorrectly and your snide remark means nothing. If this is not trolling then I don't know what is. Trolling is banable offence, yes?

lol

What's the difference between the two other than the branding on the controller and a black box?

Mononoke

Banned
You better cancel right now then.

Yeah, the time window which I have to cancel is slim. What a clusterfuck.

What's the difference between the two other than the branding on the controller and a black box?

I actually don't care if it's Day One or not tbh. It's just the way Amazon is dealing with this. Half the people are getting their order on Friday. The other half are getting it on Monday. Now there is debate if there was a glitch in the system, and those with the later dates didn't even get an order (that they sold us nothing). They sold us something that doesn't exist. Just frustrated right now with the uncertainty of my order.

If they 100% guaranteed I get it Monday (regardless if it's standard or Day One), I would shut up and just wait. I won't be ably to play it till Thursday (since I'm busy all week, which is why I wanted it this Friday). But that's okay. Maybe I should just wait and see if Amazon ships it before canceling.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about those that pre-ordered Xbox One Day One Editions this morning from Amazon. This doesn't apply to anyone else.

ParityBit

Mine arrives next Friday and it has occurred to me once or twice, do I want to play or share the same interests as people like that?

Unfortunately it is on both side of the fence. Some reason people do not realize if the games come out awesome on both consoles (Wii U also) then ... you know .... you have a right to play all of them.

It is like some people have a personal vendetta against one of the companies, killed a first born or something.

Why does it look perfect here and shitty elsewhere?

It works perfectly here too. There are several reasons why it is working inconsistently for others. Sometimes they're saying the wrong command, sometimes they're saying their command at the very end of a sentence which Kinect is trained to ignore and sometimes it's just too noisy if you're in a room full of people or the TV is loud. In a perfect environment where your room is quiet and the only talking is between you and the console it should work find 90+% of the time. Even Kinect 1 did. Of course needing strict dialogue in a quiet environment is a restriction and a criticism, but testing it in that way is also misleading since it gives the impression that it's always that hit and miss.

Top Bottom