• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Infamous: Second Son gameplay footage +previews/screenshots

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvN2zn1yM_E
Direct feed download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3888540/Preview_Build_BRoll_03.mov
Escapist interview with Nate Fox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1PucJi6xUA

Previews:
IGN
CVG
PSU
Polygon
GameReactor
Destructoid
Eurogamer
GameTrailers
Kotaku
Game Informer
Games Radar

Screenshots:

inFAMOUS_Second_Son-Neon-Stasis01_1392034962.jpg

inFAMOUS_Second_Son-Fetch_roof_350_1392034959.jpg

inFAMOUS_Second_Son-Neon_ground_pound_413_1392034960.jpg

12478768283_9955eac752_o.jpg

12479093964_2bdc1c04b1_o.jpg

inFAMOUS_Second_Son-Neon_laser_sword_434_1392034961.jpg

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2014_02-12-14_008.jpg

inFAMOUS-Second-Son_2014_02-12-14_007.jpg

Torgo

I ran out of time to post my impressions, but they'll be posted later tonight. I think my feelings are well-detailed in the video though lol. This is seriously what I always wanted the inFAMOUS games to be.

Loudninja

But Second Son also empowers heroic players in this digital playground. Players can modify Delsin’s basic neon blast with a slow-motion aim that highlights an enemy’s leg, tangling them in glowing binds. Subdued, they’re no longer a threat to Delsin, but they needn’t lose their lives to his super-human barrage.

When Delsin gets in close to stunned enemies, small prompts on screen allow players to choose between executing and subduing their targets. With one button press, Delsin can vaporize an enemy soldier in a flash of glittering light, or leave him struggling on the ground with a battered ego.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...great-power-great-responsibility/?sf1809395=1

KOHIPEET

I don't mean to downplay it, it looks spectacular (dat neon
sword!
) but this is the game that just screams for proper Apex Turbulence controlled particles. I know I want too much, but this is kind of a bummer for me as I like that effect pretty much.

Either way, this game is DAY-0!

Very pretty but I really hate the aiming in this game. Makes for some of the most unrealistic and unnatural movements for the character

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Not a fan of the audio mix for that video. Will wait for a better video of the game.

The only major problem I've had with the Infamous games are the audio mixes. Hopefully that gets improved a bit at launch.

Man, that part with the snipers on the docks looked fantastic.

It does not look like fun to me. I did like the past two Infamous games, but I got tired of the formula at some point into the sequel. This looks like more of the same with better graphics. Not a killer app for me.

Menaged

I really hope you can turn off that HUD.

Yeah, that red star that slides all over the screen to the karma meter will drive me crazy if I can't turn that off.

Other than that - the tunnel segment looked a tad underwhelming for some reason, but that Neon saved the day. Looks soooooo good!

It does not look like fun to me. I did like the past two Infamous games, but I got tired of the formula at some point into the sequel. This looks like more of the same with better graphics. Not a killer app for me.

On the flip side that is EXACTLY what I wanted and expected.

Massive killer app, cannot wait.

Those neon powers, man.

The earlier previews made neon powers look like it was just a rifle version of smoke + flash-mode wallrun, but now it's got some sort of time delay grenade mode effects, a smash attack... and freaking lightsabers.

J3ffro

Pretty clear that I need to wrap up AC4, Lego Marvel, and KZ before this comes out. I'm going to be hard pressed to play any of those with Infamous on the dashboard.

I love the physics and effects in this game. It makes every battle look like it'll have spectacular and fun fallout. It looks like it would really suit co-op, but I completely understand why they're only offering a single-player adventure.

So good, I hope this turns into a breakthrough moment for the franchise. Should do well considering the drought of games and how friggin' amazing it looks.

Loudninja

Those neon powers, man.

The earlier previews made neon powers look like it was just a rifle version of smoke + flash-mode wallrun, but now it's got some sort of time delay grenade mode effects, a smash attack... and freaking lightsabers.
Oh yes the combos you can do with neon looks amazing.

Top Bottom