• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella: Titanfall beta was full res textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR3AM

mwv9LO3.gif

Broritos

For some reason the beta would crash when I set textures to 'Extreme'.

Either way, the game overall looked okay.

Synless

Which beta? The PC beta or the X1 beta? He didn't clarify both, a stretch I know and likely not the case.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
For a game supposedly using a ton of vram for full res textures they sure don't look that great. Definitely no wow factor for using like 2-4 gigs of vram for this game.

-MD-

Textures looked like ass in the PC beta.

For sure. Game also ran like dog shit too, vsync caused massive stuttering and without it the screen tearing was unreal.

Not to mention my frames dipped into the 30's during titan fights which makes absolutely no sense for my hardware and the engine this game is running on.

Zomba13

Only stuff regarding textures I didn't care for was the inside of the Titan. That stuff didn't look good. Other than that everything else was fine. (PC here)

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Ouch, there goes my last hopes for the PC version then.

I'll pass.

StevieP

Banned
For sure. Game also ran like dog shit too, vsync caused massive stuttering and without it the screen tearing was unreal.

Not to mention my frames dipped into the 30's during titan fights which makes absolutely no sense for my hardware and the engine this game is running on.

Which is why the perm ban should wait (or be temporary until the game releases) IMO. Game looks and runs pretty shitty for "full res"

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Thinking about it more. I'm glad I got it for 20. I seems worth about that right now in my opinion. And knowing EA they won't let us mod in better textures unless the community figures it out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Basically no the alpha textures didn't make it in. Problem is the improved beta textures still looked extremely meh and down right terrible for the amount of vram being used.

Buttox might have been stupid to risk his account on this, but if I was Respawn I wouldn't be jumping for joy either.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Wait, so are you then going to get it on Xbox One, or are you completely skipping the game because of the textures?

Skipping the game because it looked fairly ass on my PC, don't have an Xbox One. Had hoped the graphics would improve for release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom