• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella: Titanfall beta was full res textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we really still talking about banning an insider who's had an established track record over a couple of missed information drops?

Unfortunately Bish said he would probably go down. I really hope they decide against it, I know they don't want people peddling bad info (which I agree with), but he's entitled to a miss. It hasn't exactly become a trend yet.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Not buying the game because of the textures or because you didn't like it?

Textures, tearing and poor performance on a rig it really shouldn't have had poor performance on.

A bit hard for me to see through the problems and just concentrate on the 'fun' aspect.

Bish said he might get banned over this.

I'm aware. I'm also aware Bish is sensible.
Otherwise all of us in the NHL thread would have been banned a long time ago by him

I think he would have been cool if he wasn't so damn adamant about insisting the Alpha textures were final, after we all played a Beta that had better textures. The ones that Vince is now claiming are final.

His bad for being so stubborn on obviously bad info.

Maybe he trusted the source he got it from 100%? This part seemed odd to me too.

Unfortunately Bish said he would probably go down. I really hope they decide against it, I know they don't want people peddling bad info (which I agree with), but he's entitled to a miss. It's not like he's had a long trend of misses either.

phoenix-nodding.gif

antitrop

3,5GB on my rig.

My 1.5GB GTX 590 am cry. I can nearly max out Battlefield 4, it just shouldn't require that much VRAM for those textures. =/

But whatever. I had so much fun with the Beta I would still buy the game if I could only run it on Low settings.

Textures, tearing and poor performance on a rig it really shouldn't have had poor performance on.

A bit hard for me to see through the problems and just concentrate on the 'fun' aspect.

It's a beta. Not exactly fair to judge the final game's performance on that. I wouldn't blame you for waiting it out to see the results though.

Danny 117

God knows Penello hasn't been back under his own account since he finished peddling his launch spin.

He was back in the Xbox One update thread afaik, or was it the headset adaptor one...

Great news about the textures, at least that crazy CBOAT nonsense can be chalked up as a miss.

God knows Penello hasn't been back under his own account since he finished peddling his launch spin.

Nah, I say Crazy is Penello's alternate persona that he isn't aware of. Like a werewolf only on a full moon does the buttocks arise out of Penello, he spreads his information and when the sun comes up he recedes into the his shell aka Penello, waiting for the time to come out once again.

CBOAT wasn't mistaken. I believe 720p + alpha textures was 'on the table' as a solution to frame rate and CBOAT double downed on it because frame rate wasn't stellar in the beta.

Lulubop

You were able to use it though with less. My buddy who had 2 was just fine. Another who had 1.2 GB had less luck though.

My card has 2 and I certainly was not fine. Hopefully it's something fixed for the retail version because the cost was not justified.

antitrop

CBOAT wasn't mistaken. I believe 720p + alpha textures was 'on the table' as a solution to frame rate and CBOAT double downed on it because frame rate wasn't stellar in the beta.
Or they could cut the 2x pass of MSAA.

Man, I can't wait for that DF analysis, even though I'm playing the game on PC. It's just too interesting.

Timu

My 1.5GB GTX 590 am cry. I can nearly max out Battlefield 4, it just shouldn't require that much VRAM for those textures. =/

But whatever. I had so much fun with the Beta I would still buy the game if I could only run it on Low settings.
Oh and it was at 2560x1440, forgot to mention that.=p

tfur

So, did anyone follow up with a tweet something like:

"Are the final product textures exactly the same as the beta textures on both PC and XB1?"

Silky

Banned
So CBOAT is 2 for 2 with his missed leaks, eh?

One for Prince of Persia reboot at E3, the other with this.

Three strikes, he's out? He definitely didn't miss the mark with Source 2.

Oppo

PoP was an easy oversight considering the character of that Halo teaser.

Something is missing in this whole micro drama. Doesn't add up.

Danny 117

So CBOAT is 2 for 2 with his missed leaks, eh?

One for Prince of Persia reboot at E3, the other with this.

Three strikes, he's out? He definitely didn't miss the mark with Source 2.

I thought he was given a pass for the Prince of Persia leak seeing as the Halo trailer looked so similar to a PoP game. Maybe he didn't see the full trailer and just assumed PoP based on the cloak.

Silky

Banned
What I'm saying his CBOAT's goods add up too much compared to his bads. I couldn't care less if Bish shits on his grave after banning him or whatever but, hey, the dude has his juicy info. Obvious that the fruits are all juiced out.

CBOAT just needs to get some fresh fruit is all :p

It's a beta. Not exactly fair to judge the final game's performance on that. I wouldn't blame you for waiting it out to see the results though.

This is only true of closed betas with an NDA. If you do an open beta with no restrictions on disclosure you are implicitly asking for people to judge the game based on what you have provided. An open beta is a pre-release hype tool more than a legitimate testing environment; think of it more like a public free demo, because that's exactly how the publishers think of it.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Toss in some V-Sync to get rid of the tearing on the X1 version (this was my biggest gripe) and I'll be happy.

The textures were OK enough, some tweaks would be appreciated however.
This 1080p patch worries me though, I'd rather keep 900p and 60fps solid, than 1080p and drop to (god forbid) 30fps.... unplayable in my opinion.

UnrealEck

The game puzzled me.
It ate up so much VRAM on my PC that it didn't run on the 'insane' texture setting. A setting which was far from an 'insane' texture quality.

Bgamer90

Banned
Toss in some V-Sync to get rid of the tearing on the X1 version (this was my biggest gripe) and I'll be happy.

The textures were OK enough, some tweaks would be appreciated however.
This 1080p patch worries me though, I'd rather keep 900p and 60fps solid, than 1080p and drop to (god forbid) 30fps.... unplayable in my opinion.

1080p patch?

Wizman23

Banned
So, did anyone follow up with a tweet something like:

"Are the final product textures exactly the same as the beta textures on both PC and XB1?"

Hanging on for that last bit of hope I see. The desperation for the XB1 version to be bad is beyond hysterical. The Titanfall OP will be EPIC

potam

Banned
I'm no MS/EA hater most of the time, but I still have some faith in cbutt since those two are involved. I'm not saying he's right, but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that they pull the ol' okiedoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom