• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella: Titanfall beta was full res textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Completely agree. If MS knows or finds out who he/she is, CBOAT will not only deserve the ban but also could face legal action. Certainly CBOAT's rants against MS caused lost sales. It would be nearly impossible to prove but I'm certain MS would pay the lawyers to try.

Microsofts own policies lost vastly more sales. After their fraudulent sale of lemons last gen with rrod, the more insider news to keep them honest the better.

David___

Banned
Completely agree. If MS knows or finds out who he/she is, CBOAT will not only deserve the ban but also could face legal action. Certainly CBOAT's rants against MS caused lost sales. It would be nearly impossible to prove but I'm certain MS would pay the lawyers to try.

No? What lost MS sales is their shitty policies and the price tag.

danwarb

No? What lost MS sales is their shitty policies and the price tag.

Maybe the latter, mostly. But then, aren't they still outselling the 360 at this point?

It's always nice to have accurate information though, and not just generally accepted nonsense. That's why console wars is bad, when it's rife. You've got to filter it all out to get to reality.

Which beta? The PC beta or the X1 beta? He didn't clarify both, a stretch I know and likely not the case.

They both had the same textures I think.

So he merely got alpha and beta confused?

Didn't he claimed it first right after alpha hit, and then a second time, after the beta was up (and people noticed the higher resolution of the textures)? If he did I can't see how he was confused.

VariantX

But what of those who have pre-ordered online etc? These people are taking the chance that the game will be amazing based on what little we've seen. I hope they are not disappointed based on the content on the disc.

Don't preorder. It's not a good idea to put money on something that you don't even know is a good product or not.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Unless I'm mistaken, didn't most, or all, of that praise for Black Tusk's project come almost immediately after it was confirmed that their new IP project had now been shelved in favor of focusing on making a new Gears of War title, something that annoyed not just myself, but basically everybody else who rather see something new instead of Gears? Awfully convenient, don't you think? I might be mistaken, but isn't this when he first praised that black tusk game on January 27th of this year? Telling us this now just makes me even more pissed at Microsoft for apparently holding it up, which I think was the calculation here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98658401&postcount=310

You are mistaken as he praised the game well before it's cancellation.

But the idea that you're pissed at CBoaT for making you more pissed off at MS is kind of hilarious.

Maybe the latter, mostly. But then, aren't they still outselling the 360 at this point?

It's always nice to have accurate information though, and not just generally accepted nonsense. That's why console wars is bad, when it's rife. You've got to filter it all out to get to reality.

The 360 was severely supply constrained.

You are mistaken as he praised the game well before it's cancellation.

But the idea that you're pissed at CBoaT for making you more pissed off at MS is kind of hilarious.

Well, I've already shown where he didn't do so until after we all learned about the game's cancellation publicly, so feel free to show me when he praised it before then. If he did, then I will admit I was wrong about my claim, but the rest of my view stands.

And, let's be honest, it's not a matter of being pissed at cboat, so we can safely move past that. The issue is whether he's held to the same standards as everyone else, or if he gets a pass for being a crowd favorite. It seems to me, and it's a growing trend, that each and every time this guy makes a big stink about something that ends up getting all this attention and then it ends up being completely inaccurate, or even a gross exaggeration of the facts at the very least, there's a large chorus of people openly making excuses that they wouldn't otherwise make for anyone else, or outright advocating with very little shame, that he be treated differently than how we all know anyone else would be treated in a similar situation. Ultimately I don't really care whether he's banned, but let's not pat him on the backside and act like we didn't just see this shit happen. I actually sometimes (although not as much as some others, obviously) enjoy seeing the mass hysteria, hilarious gifs included, that tends to come about as a result of this guy making one of his crazy posts. The intent of my post is to point out, however unpopular it may be to do so, that the inconsistencies are obvious, as is his fairly obvious agenda (yea, i went there), and that not everyone is willing to excuse what to any normal observer looks like a malicious attempt to sabotage public perception of a game developer's project using false information under the guise that he's some kind of hero doing us a public service.

edit: if anyone happens to find proof that he praised black tusk's project prior to the cancellation, please shoot me a pm, and I'll admit I was wrong, but beyond that I'm done with the subject. Oscars time.

EvB

Well, I've already shown where he didn't do so until after we all learned about the game's cancellation publicly, so feel free to show me when he praised it before then. If he did, then I will admit I was wrong about my claim, but the rest of my view stands.

And, let's be honest, it's not a matter of being pissed at cboat, so we can safely move past that. The issue is whether he's held to the same standards as everyone else, or if he gets a pass for being a crowd favorite. It seems to me, and it's a growing trend, that each and every time this guy makes a big stink about something that ends up getting all this attention and then it ends up being completely inaccurate, or even a gross exaggeration of the facts at the very least, there's a large chorus of people openly making excuses that they wouldn't otherwise make for anyone else, or outright advocating with very little shame, that he be treated differently than how we all know anyone else would be treated in a similar situation. Ultimately I don't really care whether he's banned, but let's not pat him on the backside and act like we didn't just see this shit happen. I actually sometimes (although not as much as some others, obviously) enjoy seeing the mass hysteria, hilarious gifs included, that tends to come about as a result of this guy making one of his crazy posts. The intent of my post is to point out, however unpopular it may be to do so, that the inconsistencies are obvious, as is his fairly obvious agenda (yea, i went there), and that not everyone is willing to excuse what to any normal observer looks like a malicious attempt to sabotage public perception of a game developer's project using false information under the guise that he's some kind of hero doing us a public service.

edit: if anyone happens to find proof that he praised black tusk's project prior to the cancellation, please shoot me a pm, and I'll admit I was wrong, but beyond that I'm done with the subject. Oscars time.

That was an awesomely long sentence, I agree with if though.

EvB

Reminder that CBOAT once leaked a gif from the reveal trailer to Remember Me, months before the game was even publicly known to exist. It was apparently supposed to be revealed at E3 but got pushed back.

It's not like he just posted "M$ sux, tehy harv poosram" over and over.

I wonder if he got hold of it from when it was a Sony game?

Chobel

08-05-2013 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74847731&postcount=224

OH bthe wayGOD NEWS FOr xboNE::! black tusks is til runrina late inprepro but loks fkuin great. skil;led devs on anim&& audio esp.

KoopaTheCasual

I still can't believe CBOAT is going to fall on his sword for something so petty. I hope he goes out in a blaze of glory and makes a thread with an OP written entirely in coherent English.

In fact, now I won't be satisfied with anything less!

GeoramA

Wait, CBoat's gonna be banned because he was wrong about this one thing? Makes no sense because he still has a lot of credibility in my eyes.

cboat was the one saying that Black Tusk were working on a stealth game even before the teaser came out. Pretty sure it was the only positive internal MS thing he could find.

I wonder if he got hold of it from when it was a Sony game?

Yeah the GIF was from that trailer so it makes sense. Sony must have pulled support just after it was made, before E3.

Glad it came out in the end! Quite an interesting game.

It's funny, because it seems the moment he became completely vilified by X-Box stalwarts was when he said that the XB1 would never reach 1080p/60fps for AAA games.

gaugebozo

Wait, CBoat's gonna be banned because he was wrong about this one thing? Makes no sense because he still has a lot of credibility in my eyes.

He wouldn't be banned for being wrong, but for doubling down on the wrong statement after it became pretty clear he wouldn't be right.

Mechazawa

Do people not understand that RIP stands for "rest in peace?" So you're saying rest in peace...in peace.

Sorry, pet peeve and I've seen it here on GAF more than once.

Maybe I give some people too much credit, but I think that's the joke.

It's funny, because it seems the moment he became completely vilified by X-Box stalwarts was when he said that the XB1 would never reach 1080p/60fps for AAA games.

If you want be more more specific, it would be the moment he called out Albert Penello directly when he said xb1 would struggle to meet 1080p for AAA games.

Do people not understand that RIP stands for "rest in peace?" So you're saying rest in peace...in peace.

Sorry, pet peeve and I've seen it here on GAF more than once.

Internet meme mate. It's not supposed to make sense, and I agree it's just stupid and annoying.

The number of people that started calling cboat a liar and making demands for his head once he started leaking negative things about their console of choice amazes me.

Lets ignore all the things he's gotten right, or the fact that his record prior to 2013 was spotless, from Remember Me and Dead Space 3 all the way back to his leaks about GTA and other stuff in like 2005.

The guy's been giving us the goods for years.

Lets ignore all the things he's gotten right, or the fact that his record prior to 2013 was spotless, from Remember Me and Dead Space 3 all the way back to his leaks about GTA and other stuff in like 2005.

Or the fact he's actually had also as-yet-unproven positive XB1 leaks (such as the rumored Platinum XB1 exclusive), that no one - not even the Sony Defense Force - seems to take any issue with or try to disprove. People will say, "He was wrong about this, so obviously everything he says is highly suspect and he should be banned," in one breath and then, "I'm really looking forward to [thing CBOAT spoiled and is as-yet unconfirmed]" in the next.

Like, I know it's hard to accept, but the reason there were a lot of negative XB1 leaks could have been a simple matter of there being a lot of negative rumors to leak. It's not like there's been much positive regarding the system that's gotten out there that he didn't leak.

The number of people that started calling cboat a liar and making demands for his head once he started leaking negative things about their console of choice amazes me.

The guy's been giving us the goods for years.

Yeah, that's the other sad thing about this, the interested parties attempting to get ahold of the history books with a bottle of whiteout, cuz he's so famous for being constantly WRONG in the past that new WRONG things from him is therefore a shock. :D

I don't think CBOAT deserves to be banned for this. He was close to correct, and he's been correct on many other things before. I think he probably reports things as truthfully as he can and sometimes things change before release.

-- Has he actually been banned? I thought there was just some discussion of it, but there was no definite word yet. Anybody gonna give me a link showing where he was actually banned?

Big-E

I don't think CBOAT deserves to be banned for this. He was close to correct, and he's been correct on many other things before. I think he probably reports things as truthfully as he can and sometimes things change before release.

-- Has he actually been banned? I thought there was just some discussion of it, but there was no definite word yet. Anybody gonna give me a link showing where he was actually banned?

Agreed. GAF doesn't become better with him gone. GAF would actually look pretty stupid if he starts posting dynamite truth facts on other forums that turn out to be true.

mechphree

We can't really be assured of the accuracy of his info anymore. He may put up some legit leaks from time-to-time, but there's a risk of some serious blowback if he leaks something that turns out not to be true. I don't think it's fair for developers to have CBOAT spread FUD about their game when it turns out not to be true.

That's with anyone who leaks info though. Everything we should take should be taken with a grain of salt..

johnny956

Should be a temp ban in my opinion. Especially after saying it twice that alpha was final textures.

Either way he's wrong some and he's right some.

coldone

Agreed. GAF doesn't become better with him gone. GAF would actually look pretty stupid if he starts posting dynamite truth facts on other forums that turn out to be true.

Banning him is not necessary. Things will be fine, we can all move on.

It is all interesting during console launch. After launch.. we are not going to get too many dynamite facts. People have made up their minds now, if one more game comes out and runs at 720p.. it will be the norm than surprise.

Unless we are talking about sale of xbox division to Amazon or some thing big from Apple, most of the details have already come out for this console generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom