• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella: Titanfall beta was full res textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilau

Gold Member
Beta textures looked pretty bad to me on PC. Still the game is fun, just not much to look at

antitrop

Extremely curious to see the 360 version.

It's going to be hideous. I'm sure Bluepoint will do the best they can, but... It's going to be ugly.

Wouldn't even surprise me if it was 30fps.

Zampella's quote on the 360 port was "Key differences".

Kibbles

Have they said if it's like this on disc or if there is a day one update? (same goes for 720p to 792) otherwise, RIP CBoAT. Now where the hell is ntkrnl to give us more scoops? :p

I really hope the framerate and tearing has improved though, otherwise I'd rather the resolution be dropped to 720.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
CBoaT doubling down on this after the Beta is the weirdest thing ever.

For sure. Game also ran like dog shit too, vsync caused massive stuttering and without it the screen tearing was unreal.

Not to mention my frames dipped into the 30's during titan fights which makes absolutely no sense for my hardware and the engine this game is running on.

I also experienced very poor performance

heavy frame drops and some stuttering, even if fraps said I was at 60 fps it did not feel smooth at all (uneven frametimes)
I only have a lowly phenom II cpu but if it's enough for battlefield 3 it should be enough for this game which is way more static with way fewer players on way smaller maps with way worse graphics

Ape

Banned
Wouldn't that be something if Microsoft killed CBOAT's account so that they could control all future leaks through this ntkernal account? Wouldn't that be fascinating?

CBoaT doubling down on this after the Beta is the weirdest thing ever.

Super weird. Doesn't make any sense.

Timu

It's going to be hideous. I'm sure Bluepoint will do the best they can, but... It's going to be ugly.

I expect textures to be like PC's low settings if they aim for 60FPS.

So there's no chance that the beta for both the PC/X1 were still running at lower textures and only the PC will get the bump on the retail version?

I'd love to hear what exactly happened behind the scenes with CBOAT, but we'll probably never know.

antitrop

I also experienced very poor performance

heavy frame drops and some stuttering
I only have a lowly phenom II cpu but if it's enough for battlefield 3 it should be enough for this game which is way more static with way fewer players on way smaller maps with way worse graphics
The PC Beta was extremely poorly optimized, but would be expected without any official Nvidia drivers for support. SLI was running like shit, too.

Also that nasty Vsync bug, game was practically unplayable with Vsync on. I'm sure that one will be fixed for launch.

Yeesh, I hope that it's a day one patch in or something and cboat gets a break, it seems really weird that he was so adamant about it even after the beta came out. Surely there was a reason.

realcZk

I thought the textures were pretty decent on "Insane" setting. There was a HUGE difference between "High" and "Insane".

Yawnier

Banned
Have they said if it's like this on disc or if there is a day one update? (same goes for 720p to 792) otherwise, RIP CBoAT. Now where the hell is ntkrnl to give us more scoops? :p

I really hope the framerate and tearing has improved though, otherwise I'd rather the resolution be dropped to 720.

I wonder how viable the theory is, that the information ntkrnl leaked out was a part of a controlled leak? He/she hasn't even posted since then over a month ago.

RedAssedApe

Banned

if its like cod ghost i don't think it'll be that bad? i don't even mind if they go sub-hd if they can get 60fps and the movement right.

antitrop

I thought the textures were pretty decent on "Insane" setting. There was a HUGE difference between "High" and "Insane".

That was matched by the difference in performance between the two settings. Insane chugged like a motherfucker and clearly didn't justify the VRAM requirement. We'll see what happens in the final game.

K' Dash

jcfz.gif

Titanfall is an amazing game that has way more strategy than I initially anticipated. This site is so funny. Sometimes it's the gameplay that matters, other times it's the graphics. Titanfall seems to be a nice blend of the two and yet we still have haters. I will not play this game religiously but I will certainly enjoy my time with it. I love you gaf!

Ellite25

I just hope the game runs better for me on PC when the final version is released. It ran like shit for me on PC even on the lowest settings. Tons of framrate drops into the high 20s, low 30s on my 560ti. I know its not the newest gpu, but I would think even on the lowest settings it'd run better than that (plus lowering the settings never seemed to improve anything, always ran pretty much the same).

All I want is for the 360 version to be 60fps with all the features of the bone version meaning player count, same maps, and all that.

EDIT: just looked up that Bluepoint did the PSASBR port to the vita, which runs at 60fps. gives some hope at least.

casmith07

For sure. Game also ran like dog shit too, vsync caused massive stuttering and without it the screen tearing was unreal.

Not to mention my frames dipped into the 30's during titan fights which makes absolutely no sense for my hardware and the engine this game is running on.

This, as well.

realcZk

That was matched by the difference in performance between the two settings. Insane chugged like a motherfucker and clearly didn't justify the VRAM requirement. We'll see what happens in the final game.

Ah I see, I wasn't aware it was so demanding, was fortunate enough to have a decent experience at that setting. That's too bad, hopefully it can be improved. How much VRAM was it wanting?

Ellite25

I guess I'm not the only one.

zewone

I think the port will look surprisingly similar. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ah I see, I wasn't aware it was so demanding, was fortunate enough to have a decent experience at that setting. That's too bad, hopefully it can be improved. How much VRAM was it wanting?

Need at least 3 gigs to crank to the insane setting.

antitrop

Are we really still talking about banning an insider who's had an established track record over a couple of missed information drops?

I think he would have been cool if he wasn't so damn adamant about insisting the Alpha textures were final, after we all played a Beta that had better textures. The ones that Vince is now claiming are final.

His bad for being so stubborn on obviously bad info.

Titanfall is an amazing game that has way more strategy than I initially anticipated. This site is so funny. Sometimes it's the gameplay that matters, other times it's the graphics. Titanfall seems to be a nice blend of the two and yet we still have haters. I will not play this game religiously but I will certainly enjoy my time with it. I love you gaf!

I know it's crazy. Like if you go in a thread with the title specifying the technical aspect of a game, like textures for example, the topic seems to be about graphics. But if you go into a thread with title about a playable build of a soon to be released game, the topic seems to be about gameplay.

It's absolutely hilarious. Posters discussing different topics? What's up with this site?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Isn't there a mode exclusive to the XB1 version? Something like that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom