• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Quotes!

Pick a game and post a quote you liked or that was just weird or memorable.

"Nothing wrong with feeling used every now and again, it just means you're useful."

- Duren (Y's, Memories of Celceta)

mclem

"Gosh, I hope this isn't like the primitive, dangerous microwave ovens of my century. Those things could really pop a hamster good."

- Laverne, Day of the Tentacle.

Com_Raven

"I never asked for this" - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Perfect timing for this thread, as I am wearing a DXHR shirt today^^

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
110130_original.jpg

Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes

"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious."

redcrayon

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."

Old man in cave, offering Link a wooden sword in the first Legend of Zelda game. It's embedded in my head along with pretty much the entirity of Star Wars and Peter Cullen's gravelly Optimus Prime muttering 'Autobots, roll out!'.

Being a kid in the 80s was so awesome.

On some maps you will find a main generator. All the lights and door locking panels are linked to this generator. You can hack into this system, and take out all systems linked to the generator in one go. But watch out! The Upsilon forces can reinitialize and restart the generator.

Splinter Cell Double Agent Loading Screen/Menu lady. Fuck that bitch
or rather the developers who put her in.
She has ruined me to remember this quote for the rest of my life.

SimSimIV

"Hey, maestro! Don't you think that's a little bit too dramatic? Can you give me something with a bit more of a beat?"

Conker's Bad Fur Day - Conker

li bur

On the funny side, i love "The cake is a lie" from portal.

On a more serious note, i love:
“Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?” from Andrew Ryan (Bioshock).

But unfortunately, the dudebro thread ruin it for me with the genius:
“Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his bro?”

mclem

"AVATAR!
Know that Britannia has entered into a new age of enlightenment.
Know that the time has finally come for the one true Lord of Britannia to take His place at the head of His people.
Under my guidance, Britannia will flourish, and all the people shall rejoice, and pay homage to their new... Guardian.
Know that you too shall kneel before me, Avatar. You too will soon acknowledge my authority.
For I shall be your companion.
Your... provider.
And... your master!
<Gloating laughter to fade>"

-The Guardian, Ultima VII

"In the beginning, the world was without form, and void..."

-Opening narration, Civilization

"Floyd a good friend, huh?"
-Floyd, Planetfall.

(Out of context, meh. In context, means so much)

All day long, Manny, I sort through pure sadness. I find evidence, and I piece together stories. But none of my stories end well - they all end here. And the moral of every story is the same: we may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers.

Membrillo, Grim Fandango

"Frog blast the vent core"
-Marathon, by Bungie

"Grab those charges and set the ambushes, we don't have long till the soulless get here!"
-Myth, by Bungie

two of my all time favorite quotes-

NZNova

SMAC, the thread.

We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?
&#8212; Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7. Activity recorded M.Y. 2302.22467. (TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED) (Accompanies first construction of the Bioenhancement Center base facility)

Einstein would turn over in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are loaded.
&#8212; Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God In The Eye" (Accompanies discovery of the "Probability Mechanics" tech)

What actually transpires beneath the veil of an event horizon? Decent people shouldn't think too much about that.
&#8212; Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted The Fruit" (Accompanies completion of the Secret Project "The Singularity Inductor")

Our ancestors harnessed the power of a sun, and so again shall we.
&#8212; Comissioner Pravin Lal, "The Science of Our Fathers" (Accompanies discovery of the "Fusion Power" tech)

'Abort, Retry, Fail?' was the phrase some wormdog scrawled next to the door of the Edit Universe project room. And when the new dataspinners started working, fabricating their worlds on the huge organic comp systems, we'd remind them: if you see this message, always choose 'Retry'.
&#8212; Bad'l Ron, Wakener, Morgan Polysoft (Accompanies discovery of the "Nanomatter Editation" tech)

5sZzUVW.png

Everything has its beginning... But doesn't start at "one."
It starts long before that... In chaos.
The world is born... From zero.
The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life.
One becomes two... Two becomes 10... 10 becomes 100.
Taking it all back to one solves nothing.
So long as zero remains... One... Will eventually grow to 100 again.

Woorloog

Banned
SMAC, the thread.

Indeed. Just about everything in the game:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Quotes/SidMeiersAlphaCentauri

We hold life to be sacred, but we also know the foundation of life consists in a stream of codes not so different from the successive frames of a watchvid. Why then cannot we cut one code short here, and start another there? Is life so fragile that it can withstand no tampering? Does the sacred brook no improvement?
&#8212; Chairman Sheng-ji Yang

Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter -we- are chemical processes and nothing more. If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.
&#8212; Chairman Sheng-ji Yang

"Everybody deals with grief differently right? Some people fuck at funerals ... I cut off heads." - Travis Touchdown.

It's so perfectly dumb and edgy.

PirateKing

Zedonius: "For the one who first bestowed the precious gift of fire upon you pitiful apes! Was none other than I, Zedonius! Ruler of flame!"

Ryu: "That wasn't in my history book."

- Ninja Gaiden 2

Daaaayum Ryu pimpin all up in this motherfucker. BURN!

BY2K

Membero Americo
"You would wage this war alone!?" Uriel
"No, not alone." War

Darksiders, biggest cliffhanger ending of last-gen. Without closure. :(

NIN90

No Armstrong quotes? For shame.

"Don't fuck with this senator!"
"Making the mother of all omelets here, Jack. Can't fret over every egg."
"Nanomachines, son."

Woorloog

Banned
"Wake me, when you need me" - Master Chief, Halo 3

"Why did you wake me?" - Master Chief, Halo 4

I don't know if you're going for contradiction or not but...
What the Chief says in Halo 4 works very well actually. He doesn't relate to emotional need, he automatically assume there is a danger or something else, and thus asks what is the reason. Works very well in the context of Halo 4 story.

Top Bottom