• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Quotes!

RK128

"Where is that danm fourth chaos emerald?!" - Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog

"Find the computer room!" - Victor, Shadow the Hedgehog

"Long time no see!" - EVERYONE, Sonic Adventure/Sonic Heroes

"Nobody calls me that anymore" - Classic Eggman/Robotnik, Sonic Generations

I could go all day listing priceless Sonic quotes :), surprised Gaf didn't say any yet!

Silky

Banned
"They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over. To make any kind of sense of it, I need to go back three years. Back to the night the pain started." - Max Payne

"The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding." - Max Payne

"This was my second train ride of the night. The way it started didn't promise anything better than the last one. Freezing wind tearing at my face like sandpaper and razors. Ice hard and slick under my hands and feet, and somewhere in the background the wail of sirens, the city howling after me." - Max Payne

"There was no glory in this. I hadn't asked for this crap. Trouble had come to me, in big dark swarms. The good and the just, they were like gold dust in this city. I had no illusions. I was not one of them. I was no hero. Just me and the gun, and the crook. My options had decreased to a singular course." - Max Payne

"You summon and kill. Summon and kill. I fail to see the logic here! IS SANITY... THE PRICE TO PAY... FOR POWER!?"

"HA! And your judgments interest me not. FOR I AM HERE! TO RECLAIM! WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!"

*Later*

*Confetti coming from behind him as he stand on a sliding pew* "HA HA HA! You will fumble in opposition of my quest!"

*Fires shot*

"Though I encourage! For an opportunity to battle a being of such grand delusion as you, is a sweet fortune."

-Dante, Devil May Cry 4

That whole scene was just deliciously over the top and came out of f'ing no where.

5sZzUVW.png

Everything has its beginning... But doesn't start at "one."
It starts long before that... In chaos.
The world is born... From zero.
The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life.
One becomes two... Two becomes 10... 10 becomes 100.
Taking it all back to one solves nothing.
So long as zero remains... One... Will eventually grow to 100 again.

Kojimaths.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Colonel John Konrad: It seems that reports of my survival have been greatly exaggerated.
Captain Martin Walker: This isn't possible...
Colonel John Konrad: Oh I assure you, it is.
Captain Martin Walker: How?
Colonel John Konrad: Not how. Why? You were never meant to come here.
Captain Martin Walker: What happened here was out of my control...
Colonel John Konrad: Was it? None of this would've happened if you just stopped. But on you marched. And for what?
Captain Martin Walker: We tried to save you.
Colonel John Konrad: You're no savior. Your talents lie elsewhere.
Captain Martin Walker: This isn't my fault.
Colonel John Konrad: It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own. The truth, Walker, is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: A hero. I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man. I know the truth is hard to hear Walker, but it's time. You're all that's left and we can't live this lie forever. I'm going to count to five, then I'm pulling the trigger.
Captain Martin Walker: You're not real. This is all in my head.
Colonel John Konrad: Are you sure? Maybe it's in mine? One.
Captain Martin Walker: No... everything, all of this, It was your fault!
Colonel John Konrad: If that's what you believe then shoot me. Two.
Captain Martin Walker: I-I didn't mean to hurt anybody...
Colonel John Konrad: No-one ever does Walker. Three.
Colonel John Konrad: Four. Is this really what you want Walker? So be it. Five!

Silky

Banned
“The explosion in my apartment had started a fire. The flames couldn't burn away my past. They only made the shadows behind me leap higher.” – Max Payne

“Home, sweet home. Something in the night felt like a door had been opened, an echo of the past, an old monster snapping its eyes open in the depths of my brain. Closing your eyes forces you to look at the darkness inside.” – Max Payne

“’The things that I want’, by Max Payne. A smoke. A whiskey. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My wife and baby girl back. Unlimited ammo and a license to kill. Right then, more than anything, I wanted her.” – Max Payne

“Fraternizing with the enemy. I had stepped over the edge. The cartoon moment when the gravity waits for the coyote to realize his mistake before the plunge.” – Max Payne

Wonko_C

-"Ah, are you a fool!? Do you think you can get close to that person? The world is in the palm of his hand. The fate of this city... And yours too, Strider!"

-"That's why you are like his domestic dog."

Tong Poo and Strider in Strider 2. Most likely this quote is not exactly the same as the localized version, I only have the Japanese version and my Japanese isn't that good yet.

Akai__

I don't know if you're going for contradiction or not but...
What the Chief says in Halo 4 works very well actually. He doesn't relate to emotional need, he automatically assume there is a danger or something else, and thus asks what is the reason. Works very well in the context of Halo 4 story.

Nah, not for contradiction. It's just pretty funny to me and I agree on the 2nd part.

'For a brick, he flew pretty good!'

- Sgt Johnson, Halo 2

This one is really good. :D

Serandur

"What can change the nature of a man?" -Ravel, Planescape:Torment

"A culture's teachings, and most importantly, the nature of its people, achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves… or find themselves lacking." -Kreia, KotOR II

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it and pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" -The PC, Baldur's Gate

"Nothing there? Like the Big Empty? The Sierra Madre? No, the Old World sleeps there, sure as the flag I carry. The Courier knows the way. And at the Divide, he and I - there, we'll have an ending to things."

Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas

Arcatax

Jak 3:
Seem: This isn't a game
(Jak and Daxter look at camera with confused expression) Makes me laugh every time.

Erevador

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Vizier: Give me the dagger, and I will give you power! Eternal life will be yours!
Prince: To live forever... while those I love are dead and I to blame? I choose death!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fwTBaGEdWZA#t=1126

This game was the first time I made an effort to look at the voice credits for a character. Yuri Lowenthal knocked it out of the park as the price.
Great stuff! People forget when they talk about Sands of Time that so much of what was special about that game was Jordan Mechner's literate writing and dialogue. That's the spark the series has never been able to recapture.

mclem

"Prepare for unforeseen consequences." - G-Man, Half-Life

The whole initial monologue from HL2 is great, but the most memorable bit has to be:

"So, wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and... smell the ashes... "
-G-Man, Half-Life 2

daniels

Planescape Torment :D

Morte: Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back...

Dak'kon: When a mind does not *know* itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken.

Dak'kon: Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Ravel: What can change the nature of a man?

Keasar

*Just left Gran Soren*
"If we follow this road, we'll soon reach Gran Soren."
-Pawn, Dragon's Dogma

"This bridge seems very old."
-Pawn, for the 48th time, Dragon's Dogma.

MidBoss

"Good! Now we can fight as warriors! Hand to hand! It is the basis of all combat! Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon! "
-Gray Fox, Metal Gear Solid

jbl3e8ml7xvzh4.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
"The devil is real, I know, I built his cage" - Doom 3

I really love this quote, I like the association with hell or 'the devil', being a physical location with a boundary, I like it when scientific personalities use religious imagery to evoke something like "telescope that can see God", and whatnot.

Guess what game this is from. "Running off like that was reckless and stupid! Those zombies are everywhere not to mention that thing that got Ben."

Toddimus Prime

Neo Member
All day long, Manny, I sort through pure sadness. I find evidence, and I piece together stories. But none of my stories end well - they all end here. And the moral of every story is the same: we may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers.

Membrillo, Grim Fandango

Love this one. The whole game is full of great lines. And talking Schafer & co, I hope 'How appropriate, you fight like a cow.' pops up in every game. Monkey Island or otherwise.

SgtCobra

"Hihihihaha Whahahaha"

- Ripper Roo
Crash Bandicoot (1996)

"Tear off his flesh!"
"Let him run. Meat better with salt."
"Brain, fresh brain."
"Crush his bones."
"Skin him."
"Stick bamboo under his nails."
"Poke him in the eyes."
"Spit in his eye."

- The Knaaren
Rayman 3
Pretty disturbing for an E rated game but so good.

Mephala

"ARE YOU OKAY?" - Terry Bogard
fkJugJn.jpg

At first I thought it was stupid. I kind of still do but it has grown on me and I wouldn't change it now. I think "Are you ready?" might have made more sense though this stranger/funnier.

funkypie

Banned
5sZzUVW.png

Everything has its beginning... But doesn't start at "one."
It starts long before that... In chaos.
The world is born... From zero.
The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life.
One becomes two... Two becomes 10... 10 becomes 100.
Taking it all back to one solves nothing.
So long as zero remains... One... Will eventually grow to 100 again.

Is that supposed to be good? Terrible quote from a terrible game IMO.

"Establishing battlefield control, stand by."
- EVA (Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun)

"This is the funk bass your mom will appreciate!"
"Isn't it terrific?"
- Fuzion Frenzy Theme (Fuzion Frenzy)

"You know our motto: 'We Deliver!'"
- 'Foehammer' (Halo: CE)

"My hotel's as clean as an Elven arse."
- Winthrop (Baldur's Gate)

"Eyes on the horizon, while you move!"
- American G.I. (Company of Heroes)

"Nuclear launch detected."
- Adjutant (Starcraft)

"...seven armies clashed on this one world, each refusing to back down, each convinced it was in the right..."
- Narrator (Dawn of War: Dark Crusade)

"You'll have to be recorded before you're officially released. There are a few ways we can do this and the choice, is yours."
- Socucius Ergalla (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind)

BONUS POINTS!: Guess where this one's from (only one of the greatest games of all time):

"You fight like a dairy farmer!"
"How appropriate, you fight like a cow."

Top Bottom