• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Quotes!

mclem

"Look, prophecies aren't in my job description, okay? I'm just a humble P.I. trying to save the world as we know it."

-Tex Murphy, Under a Killing Moon

There is nothing left inside me now. Nothing at all. No hatred, not even regret. And yet sometimes at night I can still feel the pain creeping up inside me. Slithering through my body, like a snake.

The Boss - MGS3: Snake Eater

I put that quote at the beginning of my Ph.D. manuscript. That's how I felt at the end when giving it to the University.

Chettlar

Banned
Another quote:
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.” -Turian Councillor, Mass Effect 2.

I think his characterization is off from previous Halos, if not the books.
And the Forerunners were aliens, according to Bungie. Read Halo 3 terminals. They did leave an option for them to be humans earlier on, and apparently some Bungie members felt that they should have been humans. But officially the Forerunners are aliens. Not 343i's decision. (Overall, i liked Halo 4 campaign, it was mostly the Chief-Cortana interaction didn't like. Also prefer the Forerunners to be aliens).
But perhaps it is better to take this to PMs or make a thread about character portrayal to continue this, no?

Well, I mean, Spark outright said "You are forerunner."

I'm fine with them looking different (I mean, hey, we would have evolved differently then them), but they still should have resembled humans more than anything else. I thought the didact looked more like some hairy, skinless, vampire or something.

Duel Destinies:

Phoenix??? said:
That's right. I don't know who I am. I am always living as someone else for my assignments. I don't remember what my face looks like... ...or even what my personality was like. My face, memories, personality, beliefs, emotions, and soul... I left them all behind. I have no... "self." I am no one. I am nothing but an endless abyss.

I don't know how they did it, but that chapter managed to be both creepy and goofy at the same time.

Top Bottom