• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Quotes!

Thorgal

Spm47FK.png

AM- i have no mouth and i must scream

Bandit1

"You were never his friend, Jack."
"Herschel, I was never his enemy."
- L.A. Noire

"I am General Alister Azimuth. Four-Bolt Magistrate of the Lombax Praetorian Guard, Elder Councilman for the Centre of Advanced Lombax Research, and you, my dear boy, look just like your father."
- Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

There's old lady in Pokemon Black/White that says:

"When I was younger, I used to be a battle girl."

And now, whenever I run into a battle girl in the game, I think of that lady.

Woorloog

Banned
Another quote:
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.” -Turian Councillor, Mass Effect 2.

I can see your point. Works either way. Then again, he did just wake up.

I do agree though. His characterization was really off. But 343 messed up a lot of things in Halo, like making the friggin didact not a human. Bungie even outright said the forerunners were humans. But nah, 343 had to go the uber cliché route. Blagh.

I think his characterization is off from previous Halos, if not the books.
And the Forerunners were aliens, according to Bungie. Read Halo 3 terminals. They did leave an option for them to be humans earlier on, and apparently some Bungie members felt that they should have been humans. But officially the Forerunners are aliens. Not 343i's decision. (Overall, i liked Halo 4 campaign, it was mostly the Chief-Cortana interaction didn't like. Also prefer the Forerunners to be aliens).
But perhaps it is better to take this to PMs or make a thread about character portrayal to continue this, no?

Uther: I dearly hope that there's a special place in Hell waiting for you, Arthas.

Arthas: We may never know, Uther. I intend to live forever.
--Warcraft 3

antitrop

Spec Ops: The Line

"It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.
The truth, Walker, is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: A hero. I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man. I know the truth is hard to hear Walker, but it's time. You're all that's left and we can't live this lie forever. I'm going to count to five, then I'm pulling the trigger.
"

5sZzUVW.png

Everything has its beginning... But doesn't start at "one."
It starts long before that... In chaos.
The world is born... From zero.
The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life.
One becomes two... Two becomes 10... 10 becomes 100.
Taking it all back to one solves nothing.
So long as zero remains... One... Will eventually grow to 100 again.

I loved MGS4, and when
Big Boss showed up with Zero
, I was entranced... enraptured waiting to hear what he was going to say.

Then he said that shit, and it ruined the whole damned moment.

link4117

Starcraft unit lines are a treasure trove of good stuff. I always did like hearing the various "Nuclear launch detected" lines though.

Bandit1

Spec Ops: The Line

"It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.
The truth, Walker, is that you're here because you wanted to feel like something you're not: A hero. I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man. I know the truth is hard to hear Walker, but it's time. You're all that's left and we can't live this lie forever. I'm going to count to five, then I'm pulling the trigger.
"

"Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai..."

UrbanRats

*Just left Gran Soren*
"If we follow this road, we'll soon reach Gran Soren."
-Pawn, Dragon's Dogma

"This bridge seems very old."
-Pawn, for the 48th time, Dragon's Dogma.

THEY'RE MASTERWORKS ALL YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

"My flame is but an illusion. It only burns if you believe it to be real." ~ Dhalsim

I will post this every chance I get because it blew my mind. This whole time...

BouncyFrag

'You battle a Qunari!'

Sten to the Archdemon just before landing the final blow before the big cutscene in Dragon Age: Origins. I was having trouble with this final boss fight and was about to get wiped again as Sten was the last of my party still standing and would have fallen with another hit. Random moment that turned out to be one of my top gaming moments ever.

"No time to play with myself" - Duke Nukem

"Am I upstairs? I got lost." - Laverne, day of the tentacle.

""Of course! That's why I'll have to do it...yesterday! To the time machine!" - Dr. Fred, Day of the tentacle.

And ofcourse Sam and Max:

Max: "Ooo! Does this mean we get to kick some puffy white mad scientist butt?"
Sam: "Can't think of a reason not to."

Max: "Mind if I drive?"
Sam: "Not if you don't mind me clawing at the dash and shrieking like a cheerleader."

Max: ""either termites are burrowing through my skull, or one of us is ticking."

Sam (holding a bomb): "Max, where should I put this so it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?"
Max: "Out the window, Sam. There's nothing but strangers out there."
Sam: I sure hope there was no one on that bus."
Max: "No one we know, at least..."

Max: "Another confused census taker?"
Sam: "Actually, that was the Commissioner with another idiotic and baffling assignment"

Max: "Aw, it's a cute little hypercephalic kitten"
Max: "I'll call him 'Mittens', because I think he'd make a fine pair of them."
Max: "I think he's kind of cute, Sam, can I make a tennis racket out of him?"
Sam: "Maybe later, Max"

"Men die. Beasts die. Trees die. Even continents perish. Only the power of death truly commands in Spira. Resisting its power is futile."
-Maester Mika

"You are a fading dream, but one that has been touched by reality. Run, dream. Run on into the daylight. And walk into reality."

"You ask for a phoenix, yet you offer chicken feed!"
-Yojimbo

"Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal." -Seymour

All FFX quotes.

Except... Bonus QUOTE: "Justin, You pervert!"

Zodzilla

All day long, Manny, I sort through pure sadness. I find evidence, and I piece together stories. But none of my stories end well - they all end here. And the moral of every story is the same: we may have years, we may have hours, but sooner of later, we push up flowers.

Membrillo, Grim Fandango

Yep. In a game filled with great lines, this was one of the greatest.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
50,000 people used to live here. Now, its a ghost town.

Wonderful 101 -
Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!

BouncyFrag

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand.
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one and set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure but beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveller never tires, the lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira, and he will be a companion to you as he was to me.
—-
Shepard: "Kolyat? Why does the last verse say he?"
Kolyat: ""The prayer was not for him, Commander. He has already asked forgiveness for the lives he has taken. His wish was for you."
Shepard: "Goodbye, Thane. Meet you across the sea."

Didact Halo 4:

"In this hour of victory, we taste only defeat. I ask why."

"We are Forerunners, guardians of all that exists. The roots of the galaxy have grown deep under our careful tending. Where there is life, the wisdom of our countless generations has saturated the soil."

Our strength is a luminous sun towards which all intelligence blossoms. And the impervious shelter beneath which it has prospered."

"I stand before you. Accused of the sin of ensuring Forerunner ascendancy. Of attempting to save us from this fate where we are forced to… recede…"

"Humanity stands as the greatest threat in the galaxy."

"Refusing to eradicate them is a fool's gambit."

"We squander eons in the darkness, while they seize our triumphs for their own."

"The Mantle of Responsibility, for all things, belongs to Forerunners alone!"

"Think of my acts as you will."
"But do not doubt the reality."

"The reclamation… has already begun."
"And we are hopeless to stop it."

BouncyFrag

With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed.Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate,or persist in the doomed world you have created.

-Morrowind

Enjay

Banned
"You summon and kill. Summon and kill. I fail to see the logic here! IS SANITY... THE PRICE TO PAY... FOR POWER!?"

"HA! And your judgments interest me not. FOR I AM HERE! TO RECLAIM! WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE!"

*Later*

*Confetti coming from behind him as he stand on a sliding pew* "HA HA HA! You will fumble in opposition of my quest!"

*Fires shot*

"Though I encourage! For an opportunity to battle a being of such grand delusion as you, is a sweet fortune."

-Dante, Devil May Cry 4

That whole scene was just deliciously over the top and came out of f'ing no where.

Best good guy bad guy banter ever.

Top Bottom