• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we know Sakurai is okay with making more clones here are my totally serious clone predictions.

Ridley=Charizard
Demise=Ike
Ganondorf=Robin
Black Shadow=Wii Fit Trainer
Naruto=Greninja
Goku=Lucario

PKrockin

BASED SAKURAI. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

And just last night I was complaining about not being hyped because I was sure it would just be Shulk. DAMN

Sakurai did say he's nearing the end of his reveal trailers, but I do hope we still have some surprises to look forward to. I'm praying we get a third DK character. Dixie or K. Rool would be great.

Also, here's all the characters currently missing in action.

UbfPPOJ.png
You're missing Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Doctor Mario, Roy, and a Young Link.

Anyway, 36 characters revealed, I can't see this game going anyway under 50/52 slots in total. After all that "We know the entire roster and it's 48" thing, that's reassuring. I think Lucina should've been a post-launch secret newcomer though, since she's basically a Marth skin. Damn even on the official site she has the same space as the veterans lol

Village

Sakurai did say he's nearing the end of his reveal trailers, but I do hope we still have some surprises to look forward to. I'm praying we get a third DK character. Dixie or K. Rool would be great.

UbfPPOJ.png

.... Thats it?

Considering sal's informant might not be up to date, I can see all of those people getting into smash, maybe not snake

Edit: didn't see mewtwo, him to. I don't see him getting in.

Shulk will still be in the game damn it, and he won't be a clone! ;~;
And Ridley will join him too! ;~;

UbfPPOJ.png
I thought Mr Game and Watch was confirmed in the Pac Man trailer.

We all had visions of Shulk revealed. Then suddenly: "The future's... changing!"

Anyway, cleans:

daily-en_20140714_vvjkm.jpg

daily-en_20140714_2_xukif.jpg

just imagine if shulk somehow wasn't revealed

The gematsu leaker stuck his head out and everything

I do not believe
How dumb is everyone going to look if it's not Shulk

(It's totally Shulk)
Sooo dumb.

Shulk is dead lol
Maybe Lucina is a Chrom clone, and the leaker source thought Robin was Shulk. Which means we're getting no Shulk LOL.
:(
People are a little too eager in discounting Shulk...
Basically, that last one. I wouldn't write Shulk out just yet; he has a few things going in his favor, even without being revealed today.

That's it. Roster complete.
Nah, there's still room for improvement.

I TOOK THE 3 TOP NON-SHULK RELATED TITLES INTO A NEW POLL!!! VOTE NOW!!!
FUCK, I DIDN'T REALIZE "Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!" WAS A XENOBLADE REFERENCE!!!
Hee hee :)

screen-8.jpg

*starts writing erotic fanfiction*
Keep this shit out of here.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U | Falchion Punch!
Man, this is too perfect a pun.

I'm not sure the Gematsu leak is incorrect. But the idea that the person who has been feeding him information may be using outdated info is certainly a possibility at this point.
Gematsu never said Chrom/Shulk/Chorus Men were the last 3 newcomers, he just said they would be in the game and playable. Chrom is clearly NOT playable
I still think that the rest of Gematsu's leak will come true (Shulk/Chorus Men). Him being wrong about one character doesn't automatically mean that he's a fraud and that none of the info was ever legit. The leak is partially real, I think it's foolish to say otherwise at this point, it's just that his info is not as 100% as we've been taking it.
I still say Shulk and Chorus Men are in.
Basically my stance.

So who else assumes Sakurai told the Xenoblade guy to retweet?
Actually? Yeah, I think so.

He caught wind of the leak, and how people were getting totally unsurprised by his reveals... so he basically made it very explicit how he was going to reveal Shulk today, telling Bandai Namco as much, and even getting a Monolithsoft employee to retweet the announcement. This made the leaker extremely confident in saying "it's gonna be Shulk :)" to Sal. However, Sakurai kept the truth close to his chest - that he was revealing Lucina/Robin today - and all of this was A) an attempt to surprise us once more (he succeeded, that's for sure), and B) an attempt to smoke out who the leaker is so their ass can be shown the door.

(This probably isn't the truth, but it makes for interesting reading.)

So what's the title for OT 10 now that the Monado express is late?
Looks like a less-direct Xenoblade reference is winning: "Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!" (It still works in the context of today, so sure, why not?)

UbfPPOJ.png

Dr. Mario? Pichu?

Not

Banned

UbfPPOJ.png

You forgot Pichu

EDIT: Dammit RMS

Aβydoς;120967693 said:
Anyway, 36 characters revealed, I can't see this game going anyway under 50/52 slots in total. After all that "We know the entire roster and it's 48" thing, that's reassuring. I think Lucina should've been a post-launch secret newcomer though, since she's basically a Marth skin. Damn even on the official site she has the same space as the veterans lol
Actually, this still fits in perfectly in the "the final roster fits into two pages of the 3DS screen" theory. You just had to replace Mewtwo with Lucina.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
King K. Rool's old ass is still more relevant than Lucina. Her imposter face will be forgotten before the next Fire Emblem is even released.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Nearing the end doesn't really tell us much. It could mean we are over half way through or just one away. Also as seen by this trailer more than one new comer can be revealed per trailer.

Majukun

UbfPPOJ.png

isn't mr game & watch pretty much confirmed since the pac-man trailer?

Durden77

It's like today Sakurai just said...

"You know what? I'm blowing up every single fucking person that thinks they know me today. Here's a Rayman Trophy and everyone but Chrom. Also, CAPTAIN FALCON."

Axass

It's like today Sakurai just said...

"You know what? I'm blowing up every single fucking person that thinks they know me today. Here's a Rayman Trophy and everyone but Chrom. Also, CAPTAIN FALCON."

Indeed, this has been a huge day for Smash fans, for many different reasons.

God damn it, twice I have been at try bottom of the page with my post.

Re: Robin's sword mechanic: I think that it will work similarly to the spellbooks. The trailer says that each spellbook only has so many uses. I think the same will hold true for his swords. It might be on swipes, hits, or damage taken, but I think the swords will be expendable as a reference to FE mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom