• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sledghammer: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare not coming to Wii U, Treyarch not on game

kuYuri

Taken from Michael Condrey's Twitter. He is one of the heads of Sledgehammer, so this is about as official as it's going to get for now. Unless Activision comes out later and says there is a Wii U version being handled by someone else.

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/statuses/502094586865405952

@MichaelCondrey call of duty advance warfer is goin to be on wii u ??

@1422644 no, no WiiU. That was an Activision decision. We are focused on XboxOne, PS4, and PC.

Nxuzbxu.jpg

Thanks to CharlieIntel: http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08...advanced-warfare-wont-be-coming-to-the-wii-u/

EDIT:
Treyarch is not working on it.

rg6xWKy.png

Another guy asked a follow-up question about High Moon. He hasn't answered that one yet.

EDIT 2: Confirmed by Activision to Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...re-dev-confirms-there-wont-be-a-wii-u-version

L~A

Taken from Michael Condrey's Twitter. He is one of the heads of Sledgehammer, so this is about as official as it's going to get for now. Unless Activision comes out later and says there is a Wii U version being handled by someone else.

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/statuses/502094586865405952

Nxuzbxu.jpg

Thanks to CharlieIntel: http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/08...advanced-warfare-wont-be-coming-to-the-wii-u/

Doesn't mean much, as Sledgehammer only works on the PS4, XB1 and PC versions.

Xbox 360 and PS3 (and possible Wii U) versions are being worked on by that studio that used to make Transformers games.

Kouriozan

Also not surprised.
Nintendo need to make a few 2nd party studio like right now for next gen, they can't escape the drought.

kuYuri

Doesn't mean much, as Sledgehammer only focus on PS4, XB1 and PC version.

Xbox 360 and PS3 (and possible Wii U) is being worked on by that studio that used to make Transformers games.

Not that I have much hope for a Wii U version, but the wording there is a bit interesting.

"no, no WiiU. That was an Activision decision." ---> This is pretty definitive and leaves very little room for interpretation.
"We are focused on XboxOne, PS4, and PC." ---> but then for some reason he felt the need to say this.

If anyone is going to make a Wii U version, I imagine it will be Treyarch and not High Moon.

Jethro

Doesn't mean much, as Sledgehammer only focus on PS4, XB1 and PC version.

Xbox 360 and PS3 (and possible Wii U) versions are being worked on by that studio that used to make Transformers games.

Or Treyarch, as they always handled the Nintendo Versions. Hopefully this time too.

mnannola

How many sales are they really losing by not releasing on WiiU? I would imagine that most people that are remotely interested in the series already have something else to play this on.

You know, Splatoon should really be a 3D platformer instead of some 5 vs. 5 MP nonsense with no SP mode.
Sarcasm? They've already said there will (probably) be single player.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true (about COD) but goddamn Activision needs to stop being so cryptic about the Wii/Wii U versions of these games.

Phil S.

Banned
I don't care for the series, but I know there's a small but dedicated group that enjoys the games on Wii U. If there's no port or anything, that stinks for those people.

EDIT:

I heard that Wii U gamers don't want "hardcore" games...

I thought it was "mature" games, if you're referring to Ubisoft's comment.

L~A

Not that I have much hope for a Wii U version, but the wording there is a bit interesting.

If anyone is going to make a Wii U version, I imagine it will be Treyarch and not High Moon.

Oh yeah, forgot about Treyarch.

Problem is, Activision will never bother to confirm anything at all, so we might have to wait even longer before we know the game is/isn't coming out on Wii U.

Evilmaus

I didn't expect it to come to the Wii-U, and honestly I don't really care that it isn't.

I bought my Wii-U mainly for games like Smash, Zelda, Mario Kart. I'm not really interested in military shooters anymore.

I've also gotta say that I'd take Spaltoon over COD any day; that game looks fun as fuck!

Was it Activision's decision to release BLOPS 2 DLC later than never? So strange. At least it still has a decent community on Wii U.

L~A

The question he was asked was "call of duty advance warfer is goin to be on wii u ??", not "Are you making Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Wii U?".

Yes, and he then mentions only the new-gen + PC version, while totally ignoring the old-gen versions. So yeah, ambiguous as hell.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm actually surprised they left out last-gen completely. Would have assumed they had something for 360/PS3 as well.

They didn't. High Moon is making the 360/PS3 game.

Yes, and he then mentions only the new-gen + PC version, while totally ignoring the old-gen versions. So yeah, ambiguous as hell.

Those are the versions Sledgehammer is making. They have another studio doing the PS3/360 ones.

MilesTeg

Banned
This might mean what he meant?

But I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't coming. Seems sales for last one were pretty horrible.

No doubt sales were bad, but the game has fault too. It wasn't good, and it was the worst selling CoD in quite some time, despite being on 6 platforms. I don't think it's really fair to put the blame on Wii U owners for Ghosts selling poorly, as it underperformed across the board.

kuYuri

Possibly. Last year Ghosts was announced for Wii U on July 25th. We are nearly a month ahead of that this year, and still no word.

Interestingly enough, it took until around September 2012 before we saw any definitive info on Black Ops 2 Wii U.

In other news, water is wet! This and more at 11! ;)

I've been meaning to pick up Ghosts at some point, but want to finish Killzone: SF first.

Top Bottom