• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejoice JRPG Gamers because 2015 is our Blessed Year

Blunoise

Just this week alone was great with full of information of our most prized genre.

Starting with ths weeks was a huge Persona series blow out with an ending we were all yearning to see!

Persona 5 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

I mean just look at the swag that is presented in there.

Then this Friday Morning was a slew of info for Xenoblade X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tpzCdnCFNM

DO YOU SEE THE EPICNESS AND HUGENESS!!!

Lets not forget other notable notions of Jrpg goodness like Bravery Second for 3DS

Also not really a jrpg but Bloodbourne will be like a action rpg which I am getting as well

oh and Final fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 aint coming in 2015. So I GOT NO TIME FOR THAT

So what say you? Are you getting multiple consoles or do you already own them to play these? Which games are you most excited for?

Thanks to our fellow gaffer, here is a bigger list of whats to come
Lets make a list just to keep track:

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG

A more complete list, though depending on what you feel constitues a JRPG it may be shorter

Code:
Agarest Generations of War 2			PC
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk	VITA			13/01/2015
Atelier Escha & Logy Plus			VITA	
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea	PS3			10/03/2015
Bloodborne					PS4			24/03/2015
Brandish: The Dark Revenant			PSP/VITA		13/01/2015
Bravely Default 2				3DS
Corpse Party: Blood Drive			VITA
Cosmic Star Heroine				PC/PS3/PS4/XBOX/XBONE
Criminal Girls: Invite Only			VITA			03/02/2015			
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin		PC/PS3/PS4/XBOX/XBONE	07/04/2015
deep down					PS4			
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth			VITA			Forget it Jake, its Digimon
Disgaea 5					PS4			Q4 2015	
Dragons Dogma Online				PS3/PS4/PC		"No plans for the West"
Eiyuu*Senki					PS3			Summer 2015
Etrian Mystery Dungeon				3DS			07/04/2015
Etrian Odyssey II Untold: The Knight of Fafnir	3DS
Fairy Fencer F 					PC	
Fairy Fencer F ADVENT DARK FORCE		PS4		
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD				PS4/XBONE		17/03/2015
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster		PS4	
Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns		PC				
Final Fantasy XV				PS4/XBONE		
Fire Emblem if					3DS			
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart	VITA			24/02/2015
HDN Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation		PC/VITA			27/03/2015 (VITA only at the moment)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed	VITA			19/05/2015
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II		PS4
Kingdom Hearts 3				PS4/XBONE			
Legend of Legacy				3DS			
Omega Quintet					PS4			28/04/2015	
Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy		VITA			14/04/2015
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines			VITA	
Persona 5					PS3/PS4	
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem		Wii U	
SMT: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker		3DS			05/05/2015
Sword Art Online: Lost Song			PS3/VITA
Tales of Zestria				PS3
The Awakened Fate Ultimatum			PS3			17/03/2015
TLoH: Trails in the Sky Evolution		VITA			
TLoH: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter 		PC/PSP/VITA	
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters			PS3/VITA		10/03/2015
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D				New 3DS			02/04/2015
Xenoblade Chronicles X				Wii U	
Yo-Kai Watch					3DS	
Ys 8						PS4/VITA
Zodiac						VITA

Persona 5 blew all my expectations away. I don't think I've ever been as excited for a JRPG than for P5 and thats saying something considering I've waited 10 years for FF Versus/15.

TheFatMan

We will most likely see Trails in the Sky Second Chapter soon as well if the hints on XSEEDs facebook page are anything to go by.

SerTapTap

Already have all (relevant) consoles, might get P5 if they tone down the school drama/waifu stuff from 4 and/or the combat seems actually good, definitely getting X, going to be playing Final Fantasy XV
demo
, hopefully Disgaea 5, Neptunia Rebirth 3 and Neptunia Victory 2 if any of them localize this year.

redcrayon

Both look fantastic. It'll be Xenoblade for me, as I don't quite have enough gaming time at home to make it worth having both a PS4 and a WiiU. It'll take me a year to finish one of them!

I'm quite excited for Cosmic Star Heroine too, amongst others.

Cannot wait for those two master pieces. I have not being this hyped for gaming related stuff since the Wii release.

We will most likely see Trails in the Sky Second Chapter soon as well if the hints on XSEEDs facebook page are anything to go by.

K2LS5CJ.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
I may be a bit ignorant on here, I've never even heard of Persona (don't kill me) but I'm seeing an insane amount of hype on here for Persona 5. I saw the trailer and I had no idea what was going on, which isn't surprising since I don't know anything about the series. What makes it so special? Talking about Persona 5.

If Persona 5 releases in 2015 that is. I have small doubts about US release making it and especially EU unless Sega works some magic.

DJIzana

I will never in my life see a better gaming news week than I have this week. Not unless they announce a new Chrono and Mother game the same week. Thank you Japan for being as awesome as you are!

Dr. Buni

Persona 5 will only start being promising when they confirm Social Links aren't back. If they are back, then I have zero interest in the game.

Looking forward for Xenoblade Chronicles X, though.

Laconic

Banned
Between Xenoblade X completely justifying my purchase of a Wii U specifically FOR it, and Persona 5 justifying my nabbing a PS4 alongside Diablo 3 with the understanding that greatness would soon follow, I am hard pressed to complain.

So I won't do it.

Even FF XV is shaping up to look like the first Final Fantasy since IX that I might not consider full-on-suck (Though to be fair to X-2, it was awesome for what it was. Jobs.).

There are A LOT more than two games, was coming in here excited for a giant list. All I got was two.

Type-0, Final Fantasy 7 Remaster, Cosmic Star Heroine are all off the top of my head.

Percy

Banned
Yeah, between Xenoblade X, Bloodborne, Zestiria and multiple Neptunia games (Don't knock it till you've tried it) among the other mid-tier, niche series seeing new entries this year it's shaping up nicely.

Wish I could be confident of Persona 5 releasing in the west this year though.

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG

Talax

Not hyped about Persona but Xenoblade, FFT0HD, FFXV Demo, Tales of Zestiria and probably Trails in the Sky. Fucking amazing year!!!!!!!!

Blunoise

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG

Omg I forgot about FExSMT! Maybe because it's in the The Last Guardian status but I'll update this topic. Thanks Psycho_Mantis

Omnicent

I'm glade I have a PS4 & Wii U. I'm going to be drowning in JRPG's

Not hyped about Persona but Xenoblade, FFT0HD, FFXV Demo, Tales of Zestiria and probably Trails in the Sky. Fucking amazing year!!!!!!!!
wooo I missed the memo on this one. YES! Loved the first one.

in which alternative universes you came from?

He comes from the Earth in Xenoblade Chronicles X. Shortly after it was announced the Aliens came (aslo that was how many years it took SEt o announce a real Remaster). So no one gets to play it either way lol

vall03

The announcement I'm anticipating the most is Etrian Odyssey V. Cmon Atlus announce something for it already!

SerTapTap

i cant even

Spoken like someone who's never played one I see. One of those games' thread is littered with waifu talk, the other is Neptunia. Also games with cute characters != games with actual dating mechanics.

I was also super worried about this aspect of Danganronpa but it's more like gathering intel than dating (and affects basically nothing but trophies, and skills for the super easy trials)

Is it definite that P5 will make it in US/EU this year?

For all the release date comments.

February 25, 2014 - Western 2015 release date confirmed.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/25/persona-5-confirmed-for-west-coming-in-2015

December 6, 2014 - 2015 NA release date re-confirmed at PSX
http://www.destructoid.com/persona-5-is-definitely-coming-in-2015-you-guys-284685.phtml

Altus USA
http://www.atlus.com/persona5/
EU? unlikely, maybe NISA will localize, maybe

Bring on the JRPG goodness. Lord knows the genre needs a resurgence.

If Persona 5 releases in 2015 that is. I have small doubts about US release making it and especially EU unless Sega works some magic.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Persona 5 isn't going to make it out this year anywhere and Sega/Atlus know it. I don't want to be right, but... yeah. It looks strikingly ambitious compared to past entries and it's showing in the development cycle.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG

Pretty sure FEif isn't coming out this year, at least not outside Japan. Nintendo has specifically not said 2015 while other games were labeled for this year.

Ys 8 is almost certainly not coming out this year either in the west. Maybe the second half of next year.

Also may as well add Tokyo Xanadu to that list too.

wmlk

I don't think we're getting Persona 5 this year out West.

FFXV is coming out next year.

Only thing for this year is Xenoblade X.

I get the sneaking suspicion that Persona 5 isn't going to make it out this year anywhere and Sega/Atlus know it. I don't want to be right, but... yeah. It looks strikingly ambitious compared to past entries and it's showing in the development cycle.

I think it's going to be late 2015 in Japan. They already said 2015 yesterday.

Tiu Neo

After the dark ages of the last generation, I'm glad we have a good year for RPGs, JRPGs in special, again.

Now we only need that Suikoden VI announcement.

JB2448

Lol ok ok I switch it :)

Oh, thanks! I appreciate it!

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG

I hope we get Fire Emblem if this year outside of Japan, but I was thinking February to April of 2016 would fit, given how Awakening was handled localization-wise.

Is P5 for sure 2015?

I was going to say "Of course," but they've phased out the "2015 release" thing on the website. They still have an embed of the PS4 announcement teaser which states a 2015 release (which is also on Atlus USA's YouTube channel), so it's way too early to be pessimistic about the release date, I think.

Spoken like someone who's never played one I see. One of those games' thread is littered with waifu talk, the other is Neptunia. Also games with cute characters != games with actual dating mechanics.

Good thing that there aren't any actual dating mechanics in Persona games then. But seriously, complaining about waifus while looking forward to the next Compile Heart turd is pretty amazing.

Top Bottom