• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejoice JRPG Gamers because 2015 is our Blessed Year

zeromcd73

Definitely gonna be a great year! I'll be picking up these:

Code:
Bloodborne					PS4
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin		PS4
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth			VITA
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD				PS4		
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster		PS4
Persona 5					PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles X				Wii U	
Ys 8						PS4

Tales of Zestiria and SAO will get a buy if they get a PS4 version in the west. I would usually also buy Fire Emblem if and Bravely Second, but I just don't really like playing on my 3DS anymore.

I honestly do not see SMT X FE coming out this year since theres next to no info about it, the most likely we'll see the game released is 2016 and USA later.

Bardiche

Persona 5 alone will make 2015 epic. That trailer had me more hyped than any other game within the last 7 years.

JoJoSono

Banned
It does feel like a good time for console jrpgs. Finally the genre may lift itself out of the otaku gutter it's buried itself in. I wonder if jrpgs will be what fighters were to the last generation? Regardless, it feels all the surviving series are bringing thier A game. I wonder if Japan is finally coming to terms with HD development and how to manage it. It would be fantastic if Persona 5 and FFXV do great in the west to further prove that the international console market is worthwhile for these Japanese companies.

Or maybe Persona 5, Xenoblade, and FF15 are the last glimmers of light before console jrpgs die. I guess the genre will go down with a fight.

Anyway jrpgs I'm intersted for in 2015:

Bloodborne
Bravely Default 2
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Persona 5
Tales of Zestria
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Ys 8

4Tran

The JRPGs this year do look very promising and I wish I had the time to play all the ones I'm going to end up buying. The exception is Xenoblade X. It seems that the more I find out about this game, the less appealing it is to me.

Abdiel

sorry. FFX belongs in a garbage bin.

other than my hatred of FFX, yeah man I'm a cool cat with good taste. XIII <333

I literally threw X away the first time I bought it on PS2. I couldn't believe how much I hated the cast other than Auron and Rikku.

I gave up playing XIII after around 14-16 hours in... But I did enjoy XIII-2, had a kind of Chrono Trigger vibe to it.

Kane1345

Persona 5, Bloodborne and Xenoblade in 1 year already makes this one of the best years in a long time for me. Happy I have a PS4 and Wii U!

Top Bottom