• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejoice JRPG Gamers because 2015 is our Blessed Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While Yakuza 5 isn't a jrpg, it does have a lot of similarities to many of them. So I basically kinda count it.

Lets make a list just to keep track:

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG
Awesome list! Fyi, FExSMT is not a game, but SMTxFE is and it's one of my most anticipated games right now!

Also, there's Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Knight of Fafnir, Etrian Odyssey V.

My three most anticipated games right now are in my avatar and they all happen to be JRPGs ;) This year is going to blow my mind!!

Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Devil Survivor 2 Record Break
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 (probably 2015)
Persona 5 (probably 2015)
Xenoblade X Chronicles
Ys 8(2015 in Japan at least)
TRAILS IN THE MOTHERFUCKING SKY SECOND CHAPTER
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation(PC version)
And whatever other game that comes out that is from Falcom and Atlus.

Cool year

Any news about Etrian Odyssey V is going to drive me insane.

DeSu2 Record Breaker isn't really a JRPG strictly (its an SRPG) but its as much so as Disgaea 5 so I guess it counts as well ?

Imagine how awesome 2016 will be with P5, XV and KH3! :3

Just kidding, KH3 is 2017.

Digimon story: cyber sleuth, if we count Jrpg that never come to the west.
You just had to remind me and open the old wounds, thanks.

vall03

I'm just talking about games that have a chance of a 2015 release in NA.

But yeah I can't fucking wait.

I don't know if Atlus USA can handle it, but they might prioritize Persona 5 localization first so yeah, 2016 release date for us :(

But out of all the possible JRPGs announced, its the one I'm really really waiting for.

Ravage

Persona 5 alone will make any year it releases in exceptional. Add in games like Bloodborne, Zestiria and Atelier Shallie...2015 will be something special indeed :)

Usobuko

Banned
sörine;150895514 said:
Yo-Kai Watch is coming to the west this year too. Could be big.

While I'm not not fond of L5's RPG, I surprisingly interested in this one for Pokemon's similarities. At least I hope so.

Begaria

Lets make a list just to keep track:

Bloodborne
Persona 5
FF Type 0 HD/FFXV demo
Disgaea 5
Ys 8
DDO
TiTS SC
FFX HD
Tales of Zestiria
Fire Emblem if
XCX

On the horizon:
FFXV
KH3
FExSMT
Bravely Default 2
L5 PS4 RPG

I want almost all of those that are aiming for 2015: Persona 5, Type-0HD, Ys 8 (pleeeeaaaase get localized), TiTS SC (almost done with FC :D), Tales of Zestiria, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Of course I'll be picking up FFXV, KH3, and Bravely Default 2 (despite hating Chapter 5-7 in BD1). I've had many a fanboy fantasy over what the Level-5 PS4 RPG could be. There were rumblings a year or two ago about a Ni no Kuni 2, I can always dream for a Dark Cloud 3 or Rogue Galaxy 2, but I'd be ok with a new IP.

Zhao_Yun

It's sad that everyone (including Sony) forgot about this game :(

20140625111547!OreShika2_cover.jpg

I don't know if Atlus USA can handle it, but they might prioritize Persona 5 localization first so yeah, 2016 release date for us :(

But out of all the possible JRPGs announced, its the one I'm really really waiting for.

I'm trying to not get to crazy about it yet, but the seciond we get some scans or video footage I'm just going to explode.

ys45

Didn't we said the same thing last year too ? :p

But yes this is another good year for jrpgs (and people were saying jrpg were dead about 2 years ago)

The one I'm looking forward the most :

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Persona 5 !!!!!!!
Etrian Odyssey Mysterious Dungeon
Atelier Shallie
Tales of Zestiria
FF Type 0
Bloodborne

Now I just need to find some time to play all these 50 + hours games lol

Which Digimon game is this? Looks really good. Any chance of coming to the west?

We asked, sign the petition plss https://www.change.org/p/bandai-nam...for-3ds-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-for-psvita

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (Vita), the one Namco said they will probably maybe think about localizing if the petition reached 50k. The last Digimon game the west got was in 2007 so don't count on it.

Last Digimon game was last year actually.

This game has a good chance of being localized considering Namco's recent localizations and this year being the 15th anniversary of the franchise.

I bet it will be Vita/PS4 if it does come to the west.

I think at this point I'm only excited for Persona 5 and FF type-0. Ill probably buy xenoblade x but my expectations are low

Im buying bloodborne, but thats being very loose with the definition of jrpg

Shizuka

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita). Same developers from Demon Gaze and published by NISA in the West.

Persona 5 will only start being promising when they confirm Social Links aren't back. If they are back, then I have zero interest in the game.

Looking forward for Xenoblade Chronicles X, though.
You do realize that this feature is what made it blow up in popularity? Most likely aren't going to remove it.

On topic, I think this will be an amazing year for my favorite jrpgs :)

Top Bottom