• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW update 2.04 now live - DX12 support? eh? ehhhhh?~

Turned off Internet connection, turned it back on, waited a few seconds and the damn thing finally started downloading automatically.

Lol Sony pls

I learned my lesson long time ago .. I'll let you guinea pigs test out the update and update mine after a few days/a week so Sony gets their shit together.

Afrikan

I fixed my downloading issue.

Go to your downloads, delete the update file (unless it finished I suppose, this is for people who can't download it).

Delete failed update file.
Restart PS4.
Download should start automatically.

Mine finished no problem after I deleted the original one and restarted the ps4.

Thankx...working well for me....still downloading..but no errors.

ihINeUlAOthh7.gif

But will it finish it or error out.?

I finished downloading it and it's now at 37% of the installation.

edit: Downloaded and installed.

Like others have said, turn off internet connection, turn it back on and wait a bit and it should work.

edit2: Fucking thing still gives me the SU-30709-0 error after the automatic restart! wooow

pip77

I got the SU-30709-9 error when i tried to access the PS Store. Just as I was going to go to the settings I got a notification that a system update had to be done. It downloaded and installed fast.

Someone should update PS4 stability using footage of Google's new robo dog.

What, hey, don't look at me... I don't have a 3D model of the PS4... Shhhhh

raindoc

For those with issues downloading: restarting didn't help, but turning the ps4's internet connection off and back on again after <30 seconds did. update downloaded and installing.

EDIT: Just saw there's issues after installing too? holy shit.
EDIT2: Yep. No Trophies, no Friendslist, no store, no online gaming. wtf

RedAssedApe

Banned
hmmm psn the fritz again...although seem to be able to play online still. get error trying to access the store and facebook and twitch options don't show up in streaming (guessing my linked accounts can't login)

haven't downloaded the firmware yet though...so not necessarily related

Downloaded/installed update fine. Then I couldn't sign into PSN (internet connection failed), so I rebooted my PS4. Got back onto PSN fine then - chatted in a party for a bit. Trophies refused to load though.

Turned off the PS4 and realised I forgot to do something, so turned it back on.... And then PSN didn't work for me again :/

EekTheKat

Had some problems even after install, but going into safe mode and running a database repair fixed it. (powr down console - hold power button until it beeps, let go and pick restore database).

It's basically Sony's standard answer for every single PS4 problem according to their first level support.

It didn't seem to fix the player icon not appearing on the live page properly, but I suspect that may have something to do with their network side. Only about 1 in 8 friends have their icons pop up on my list.

Edit - hmm, trophy still erroring out.

Oh man. Why does Sony have the WORST TIMING with this shit?! Anybody still playing Destiny knows what I mean...

I had actually turned the PS4 on to check if DOA5 Last Round was available yet. I didn't know about the 2.04 update, I just wanted to check the PS Store but no can do apparently.

mike4001_

No network content is loading ...

And I have not installed the update yet.

When I go to settings => System update I get the SU-xxxxxx error

Afrikan

For those with issues downloading: restarting didn't help, but turning the ps4's internet connection off and back on again after <30 seconds did. update downloaded and installing.

EDIT: Just saw there's issues after installing too? holy shit.

And this helped my second issue...

So first I had to delete the failed update file...then turned off PS4 for 10 seconds.

Then manually downloaded update....and everything seemed fine... but after update installed, I couldn't log into PSN...but followed your advice...

liquidtmd

Banned
YOU MUST UPDATE SOFTWARE.

"OK then Mr. PS4."

ERROR. CAN NOT DOWNLOAD UPDATE.

tumblr_m2lfk267Qs1r6x0bw.gif

Oh shit, this is mandatory?

Depressing as fuck when you see a PS4 fw thread and youre 99% sure:

- Changelog will say stability
- Half the thread will be rebuiding the database

EekTheKat

At the risk of stating the obvious, something else is going on with this firmware update. Database repair is taking a while, least longer than usual.

Can't even download a local copy of the Full Install firmware. Getting an access denied message from the update server.

Which is probably related to what everyone else is seeing. Either the firmware was removed or permissions on the server were not right?

Top Bottom