• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW update 2.04 now live - DX12 support? eh? ehhhhh?~

iD0C5hM9K9EFF.gif

This is great.

Why do I feel bad for the robot for the evil man kicking it?

AwShucks

Updated after a few attempts and now I'm getting error WS-37117-9.

Same. And despite showing my friends list when I go to test the internet connection it says it can't connect with error CE-33991-5

First time I've had PS4 issues. Feels bad.

Did you just sit it out or do anything special?
Just left it hovering on the Friends icon. It's the same "trick" to signing in (eventually) during the DDOS attacks - it automatically retries.

Edit: just noticed Trophies is spitting out a different error though

Ahh so this is why my trophies werent syncing all of a sudden in Grim Fandango...yea will wait for everything to get cleared up before installing

EekTheKat

Now I'm getting the WS error on the trophy page - WS-37117-9

It's an improvement though - the thing wasn't loading at all a moment ago and gave a different error message. Maybe they patched their server as well and is in the middle of an update/reboot.

EekTheKat

Yes, but i had the same issue before updating, minutes before this thread was created.

Weird, probably not related directly then. Trophy situation seems to be slowly improving with a different error message this time.

Going to try and download a local copy and re-install via USB.

EekTheKat

Yeah it seems like their network team is doing something at the moment. The link to the full firmware download from the Sony support page was down a moment ago, but now it points to an actual file.

Though the file seems way too small to be a firmware update, it's probably still being updated on the other end.

Worst part - it killed my bloodborne pre-load icon, now it just shows a generic controller. It was actually showing a bloodborne icon a couple hours ago.

aro52

After several restarts, it fully downloaded and is preparing to install now. The tension!

Edit: View Details.

"You don't have permission to access..."

Yup. Makes sense.

Edit 2: Success! For now...

Bishop89

Any issues with trophies? It seems to totally fail when syncing. and even refuses to load a local copy of trophies.
Local copy? Unless things changed in thought you couldn't view them unless you were online.
Paused the download coz a lot of people seem to be having problems. When will it be safe to install?

EekTheKat

Local copy? Unless things changed in thought you couldn't view them unless you were online.
Paused the download coz a lot of people seem to be having problems. When will it be safe to install?

Trophies are good again as of my post (west coast, US). Was able to get in with no error message.

System Software update from within Settings is back to normal as well - gives me the latest version already installed message.

Loakum

Banned
I'm glad I don't have my PS4 connected to their online servers (I'm currently on my PS3). I'll download this later, when they sort out this update.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@PlayStation 12:31 AM
Update: Some players are reporting PSN issues -- our engineers are on the case and investigating.

red731

Oh, you think the stability is your ally, but you merely adopted the stability. I was born in it, stabilized by it.
I didn’t see the imbalance until I was already a PS4; by then, it was nothing to me but wobble!
The stabilities betray you, because they belong to me.

I will show you where I have made my platform, whilst preparing to bring the firmware.
Then, I will make you wobble. Your presious bugs, gratefully accepted. We will need them.
Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first.

Your updates, or your hardware.

barit

Updated now. Everything worked fine.

Download: ok
Installing: ok
PSN connect: ok
Trophies: ok
Friends: ok

Playing now FFXIV and waiting for DriveClub Update to finish

Must be one of the fews who had luck I guess

Bashtee

Had to wait half a minute after the update, but then everything worked fine. Just finished my TLOU firefly mp stuff and got finally my platin.

eFKac

Downloaded, installed, and got internet connection now as well, no problem.
It was really fast as well.

Phew, that went smooth (Poland)

danowat

Banned
My PS4 is hosed.

It's stuck in some kind of update download / update failed / console reboot loop.

How can I fix the damn thing, it's only a few months old FFS

Top Bottom