• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 FW update 2.04 now live - DX12 support? eh? ehhhhh?~

Updated now. Everything worked fine.

Download: ok
Installing: ok
PSN connect: ok
Trophies: ok
Friends: ok

Playing now FFXIV and waiting for DriveClub Update to finish

Must be one of the fews who had luck I guess
everything went fine for me as well, you must be one of the few millions who updated with no issues. A few people on gaf having update issues don't equal the masses.

Popsickles

My PS4 is hosed.

It's stuck in some kind of update download / update failed / console reboot loop.

How can I fix the damn thing, it's only a few months old FFS
Shut it right down then enter safe mode by holding power button till second beep. Then update from the service menu just choose via internet.

My PS4 is in standby mode. Will it auto-download this error-causing update? Should I turn it on and disconnect from the internet?

adixon

My PS4 is hosed.

It's stuck in some kind of update download / update failed / console reboot loop.

How can I fix the damn thing, it's only a few months old FFS

Hey, I've had this happen before too. I think rebuilding the database fixed it for me. Anyway, probably not the end of your ps4, don't worry.

My new firmware routine:
  • New PS4 firmware announced
  • Power down PS4
  • Don't turn it on again for at least two days
  • Go to the Winchester, have a pint, and wait for this all to blow over

Solal

Upadte done without problem...

But can't connect to the store anymore "No online". :-(

I am in France btw.

Edit: Rebooted and workfs fine now.

danowat

Banned
Cheers all, I'll try the safe mode / rebuild later on tonight, hopefully it'll work smoothly.

Is it always this bumpy a ride!!!!

Liamario

Banned
My new firmware routine:
  • Power down PS4

giphy.gif

jmaine_ph

Cant remember for the life of me but do PS4 updates reboot the console when done? I swear ps3 did that and I think PS4 could benefit from it.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
well my ps4 is fucked, after installing the update I went to play bf4 for about 5 minutes, then it switched itself off and now no matter what option I choose in "Safe mode" it keeps coming back to safe mode.

I still need to try option 7. Initialise PS4 (reinstall system software).

Will report back if anything works.

WTF that shit it so creepy, now I will have nightmares, thanks.

And now owned by your friendly neighbourhood Google! Why does Google need to own military developed tech? Google = Cyberdyne Systems

On topic, failed download for me too. Best to try later I think...

Audioboxer

Great, now it'll probably be another few months before we see the next update... Was hoping we would see some new features.

m@cross

My new firmware routine:
  • Power down PS4

....so go to the pub to test stability of user so as to maximize compatibility with stability of PS4... nice.

everything went fine for me as well, you must be one of the few millions who updated with no issues. A few people on gaf having update issues don't equal the masses.

I'm fairly sure there were a decent amount of issues for people when the update first rolled out, hence why basically every reply in the first few pages were people complaining it was broken. Seems like the issue was rectified fairly quickly though, so no biggie.

ldcommando

Banned
This is me during these updates:

- turns ps4 on.
- Oh look, a new fw update
- starts downloading
- this will take a moment
- let me browse gaf while it´s updating.
- start reading some dumb thread on OT
- fw starts installing
- goes to gaming side
- oh look a thread on the new fw
- reads thread...
- I made a huge mistake.gif
- prays..
- After some heavy breathing, sees the console still works
- Posts on gaf

Repeat on the next update

Might also include preparations for PS Music/Spotify.
Music Unlimited service is stopped on the 29th of March.

How long do we still have to wait for that DLNA update though..
I thought that was supposed to come beginning of this year. I hope it's not because there's now the Plex app so that they feel there's no incentive to provide a free OS alternative...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Might also include preparations for PS Music/Spotify.
Music Unlimited service is stopped on the 29th of March.

How long do we still have to wait for that DLNA update though..
I thought that was supposed to come beginning of this year. I hope it's not because there's now the Plex app so that they feel there's no incentive to provide a free OS alternative...

Doubt it has anything to do with plex since that required a subscription and plex web has worked since launch. Probably will come alongside ps vue.

Erasus

No problems with my update thankfully. A 217mb stability update? Doesn't that seem large for just stability?

If the PS4 is like the PS3, all the previous updates are rolled in too. So people buying a console only have to update it once to be on the latest version.

SHEF

Well the update file downloaded fine but I'm stuck waiting on the DRIVECLUB update file preparing to download; taking forever.

Edit: When it had finished preparing to download it had already downloaded 6GB of the 6.56GB file.

Demoskinos

I updated and apparently seems without incident? Trophies work, I can get on the store ect. Brilliant move by sony's part releasing firmware that is botching people's systems on the same week their big game The Order 1886 releases.

Blanquito

If the PS4 is like the PS3, all the previous updates are rolled in too. So people buying a console only have to update it once to be on the latest version.

That doesn't apply in my situation, so it was a large update just for stability. I have noticed that transitions to the menu are smoother while playing games. It used to judder a tiny bit for me

Top Bottom