• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's The Hate Towards Pineapple Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bms2993

Banned
Hey GAF, so I'm as american as the next guy on here, but I do love me some pineapple-topped pizza. I ordered some from little ceaser's last night and it was SO good! The combination of salty and sweet just worked so well for me. So, why can't other people appreciate the ultimate pizza compliment that is pineapple on pizza?

Akahige

Too sweet, takes over the flavor of the entire pizza and pineapple, cheese and tomato sauce is not a taste that works well together.

Tenck

People who hate pineapple on pizza are weirdos. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. They probably use forks and knives when eating pizza. Bunch of savages.

MiszMasz

Pineapple or anchovies are best. The one, distinct element among others is so satisfying and neither gets used in many other meals i eat that regularly.

Leynos

Sweet does not belong on a pizza unless it is intended for dessert, that's why. Might as well throw strawberries on there, same thing.

Pineapple, and pizza are two of my favorite foods, but not together.

Derpyduck

Banned
Hey GAF, so I'm as american as the next guy on here, but I do love me some pineapple-topped pizza. I ordered some from little ceaser's last night and it was SO good! The combination of salty and sweet just worked so well for me. So, why can't other people appreciate the ultimate pizza compliment that is pineapple on pizza?

It's hard for me to process "Litter Ceasars" and "it was SO good!" being grouped together.

I make my own pineapple and bacon (or ham sometimes, or pineapple and pepperoni) pizza. It's cheaper than buying fast food pizza and tastes so much better. Sweet and savory works really well.

I like sweet and savory together, but if I want something sweet on my pizza I go with caramelized onions or sun-dried tomatoes.

Pineapple is just absurdly sweet, and cooking it makes it even sweeter. I feel like it not only covers up the other flavors in the pizza, but that it also pairs badly with cheese. The only time I really like pineapple in a savory dish is tacos al pastor.

Also, Little Ceasars is horrible.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Sweet does not belong on a pizza unless it is intended for dessert, that's why. Might as well throw strawberries on there, same thing.
Dessert pizza sounds great. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the crust, use Nutella as the sauce, add some small marshmallows...baby you got a stew going.

bms2993

Banned
I like sweet and savory together, but if I want something sweet on my pizza I go with caramelized onions or sun-dried tomatoes.

Pineapple is just absurdly sweet, and cooking it makes it even sweeter. I feel like it not only covers up the other flavors in the pizza, but that it also pairs badly with cheese. The only time I really like pineapple in a savory dish is tacos al pastor.

I think the ones little ceasers has is just the right amount of sweet to cheese ratio.

Brakke

Banned
I like it sometimes. I think the thing is it's so wildly different than any other standard pizza topping. The Platonic Ideal Pizza doesn't have pineapple on it. Pineapple pizza has a totally different character than "regular" pizza.

Mailbox

Idk about others, but Hawaiian is GOAT.

That being said, I think that it needs something else (another pizza) on the other end of the spectrum to amplify the taste :3

eloestmn

Ay, I love Little Ceasers. They opened up a shop around here and I love it. I think ill order pineapple pizza from there for now on.

S'all good, friend. but I can only guess that the bms in your username stands for bowel movement stoppage if you continue to eat there.

Little Ceasers is a bunch of system clogging low quality dough with bottom shelf dollar store ingredients. I will pray for your digestive system.

Still with you on the pineapple topping though.

Derpyduck

Banned

Also, Little Ceasars is horrible.

Caramelized onions and peppers with some hot italian sausage. Damn, I'm getting hungry. Unfortunately my road is a sheet of ice, so I'm not going anywhere.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I wanted to order a Hawaiian pizza last night but my wife wouldn't let me. Had to get one with vegetables on it. Gross.

Derpyduck

Banned

Pineapple, and pizza are two of my favorite foods, but not together.
Are you against savory items like nuts being put on sweet desserts?

Pineapples on pizza are alright but it's usually shit-quality canned pineapple and crappy ham. But that same basic concept works really tremendously well in al pastor tacos (marinated shredded pork + pineapple plus onions, salsa verde, etc)

Pork al pastor > Hawaiian pizza. I've made an al pastor pizza on focaccia dough that's to fucking die for (the pork belly rendered out and basically turned the dough into lard focaccia).

Sweet and savory go together pretty brilliantly in Thai food too, for what it's worth.

Because pineapple ruins the rest of the pizza? It's an indecent topping that doesn't know its place. It just spreads its juices all over everything and ruins all that it touches.

PS. Pineapple is disgusting on its own too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom