• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's The Hate Towards Pineapple Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiszMasz

You shut your mouth, BBQ Chicken pizza is the Lord's pizza. This millennium's rainbow. A sign of His love.

Hawaiian pizza is really damn good, but obviously only as a once in a while thing. Can't be the classics.

It's fine with the bbq as an extra sauce on top, but here (UK) a lot of places do it so the bbq replaces the sauce on the base, and it's the cheapest sauce they can find. Tastes awful.

Loofy

Why stop at pineapple. Why not put apples or oranges on that pizza then dump it on the ground and eat the pizza off the floor like a animal you piece of shit.

It's fine with the bbq as an extra sauce on top, but here (UK) a lot of places do it so the bbq replaces the sauce on the base, and it's the cheapest sauce they can find. Tastes awful.

No offense to the UK, but I'm not exactly expecting great BBQ there. The Midwest USA, though, that is some prime BBQ. My brother lives in Kansas City and I load up on the stuff. Just like he loads up on the green chili when he comes home to New Mexico.

Yup. I had Domino's with BBQ sauce and it was disgusting.

Again, quit messing with ain't shit BBQ.

Why stop at pineapple. Why not put apples or oranges on that pizza then dump it on the ground and eat the pizza off the floor like a animal you piece of shit.

...Jesus Christ dude...

Leynos

Are you against savory items like nuts being put on sweet desserts?

I'm perfectly fine with nuts on dessert items, mostly because nuts tend to have very little flavor, and end up being more texture than anything.

In fact, I like most foods, and will just about try anything. The only things that I find revolting are pineapple on pizza, and offal (brain, feet, tongue, liver, kidney, intestine, etc.)

MiszMasz

No offense to the UK, but I'm not exactly expecting great BBQ there. The Midwest USA, though, that is some prime BBQ. My brother lives in Kansas City and I load up on the stuff. Just like he loads up on the green chili when he comes home to New Mexico.

That's true. You can get some imported, bottled stuff or make your own of course, and i love a good bbq sauce. The stuff they slap on the pizzas or squidge into your burger here is ass though, for sure.

statham

Wife loves it, I hate it, we always get 1/2 with and 1/2 without and some of the nasty juice always makes it way over to my half.

Hawaiian pizzas are awesome and were my favorite style of pizza (addicted to ham and pineapple). I loved the Italian pizza places style of doing it, yet replicating it at home was never the same (dodgy pineapples haha). I did go through a "one with everything" phase, but the past few months I have been very basic and just had cheese pizzas. The place I get them from cakes it on, so the cheese on it is almost like a SECOND pizza itself.

Iunderstoodthatreference.gif

I don't get it either. I mean, why not put fucking strawberries in a lasagne, or banana in chicken soup?

Because, like pineapple on a pizza, they don't belong in them.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
You like pineapple on pizza. You think Little Caesars is pizza. You eat cookies from Subway.

Op, pm your details. I'm going to send you $10000 so you can get the fuck out of the tiny village you live in and actually eat food.

Tagyhag

It's too sweet and it overpowers all other flavors.

Pizza is supposed to be about the subtle taste of all the rich flavors combined while individually still acknowledging each one.

Of course if we're talking about chain pizza then the quality is already rock bottom so go crazy.

pashmilla

Banned
I love pineapple. I love pizza. But putting them together is like putting salt and vinegar crisps in a chocolate cake. It ruins both of them.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I like what I like. :p

If all you've been fed is shit, of course you'll like shit. Fuck it, pineapple on pizza isn't even so bad, but you seem to actually have no option but fast food garbage. Surely you must realize how limited your food experiences are?

bms2993

Banned
If all you've been fed is shit, of course you'll like shit. Fuck it, pineapple on pizza isn't even so bad, but you seem to actually have no option but fast food garbage. Surely you must realize how limited your food experiences are?

It isn't all ive ever had. Ive also had dominos and papa johns. I just like little ceasers more.

I'm an expert

Preach it

First time I had pineapple on pizza is '93 in Budapest. I've since had it in Paris, Hawaii, Seoul, and NYC. Op is talking about Lil' fuckin Caesars. If he bought an Ellio's frozen pizza and put a can of Dole pineapple rings on it I would take this thread more seriously.

It isn't all ive ever had. Ive also had dominos and papa johns. I just like little ceasers more.

Alright. This and the let's eat pizza with forks and knives threads are just blatant trolls. Mods need to step their game up.

leakey

Hawaii is a sovereign state of these United States. If you don't like Hawaiian pizza, then you don't like America, obviously. Better than jalapeno and pepperoni.

MiszMasz

First time I had pineapple on pizza is '93 in Budapest. I've since had it in Paris, Hawaii, Seoul, and NYC. Op is talking about Lil' fuckin Caesars. If he bought an Ellio's frozen pizza and put a can of Dole pineapple rings on it I would take this thread more seriously.

Alright. This and the let's eat pizza with forks and knives threads are just blatant trolls. Mods need to step their game up.

Calmdown.gif

Edit: Nice, i dunno exactly when but i just made member, thanks Denzel.

bms2993

Banned
Hey, I'm an expert, because I like a particular pizza chain doesnt make me a troll. I live in a college town and nothing beats their pizza after a long school day on a friday night. :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Came for the food pics, found none. Put "delicious pineapple pizza" into Yahoo and found this:

5652b98f18b2191222710e29a1f19442.jpg

Butterfly fruit pizza. So, uh, there's one variant of this, I guess.

NaviLink

So today we had a topic about using your hands Vs using knife and fork, then we have a topic about the pineapple... The third one should be New york style pizza vs deep pan Chicago pizza, right?

bms2993

Banned
The little ceasers pineapple pizza is even better when you eat it cold the next night. Eating it now. GAF, dont knock it till you try it.

The best is a pineapple and raisin pizza with aquafresh toothpaste for sauce. Served ice cold. You don't even have to brush your teeth afterward.

Coconut

Banned
there's nothing to compliment the sweet citrus taste of the pineapple since tomato is already a tangy sweet fruit it just makes a gross taste with the cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom