• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's The Hate Towards Pineapple Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inner-G

Banned
Pepperoni and pineapple is waaaay better than ham and pineapple.

The spicy and sweet compliment each other, and pepperoni doesn't add more water like ham does.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Pineapple is an evil disgusting fruit and putting it on pizza is blasphemy.

UTIII

Banned
I do like me some tuna, sweet corn and pineapple topped pizza.

Agree with op the sweet and salty goes well.

Come on you guys. Take a look at this princess. Beautiful...

JkXvvjJWO2wGJc.jpg

Laieon

I don't like pineapple, which means I don't like pineapple pizza.

Taco Pizza is alright in my book though, because I like both pizza and tacos.

Zimmy64

People not liking Pineapple on Pizza are like the people who don't like Peanut Butter on Pancakes. I've never understood either of them.

Toxi

Banned
Pineapple on pizza is the grossest combination ever. Pineapple is too sweet and that sweetness doesn't mesh with the tastes of cheese or tomato sauce well at all. It's like putting pineapple on lasagna.

Anchovies on the other hand... Anchovies are the stuff of the gods.

sn00zer

Hey GAF, so I'm as american as the next guy on here, but I do love me some pineapple-topped pizza. I ordered some from little ceaser's last night and it was SO good! The combination of salty and sweet just worked so well for me. So, why can't other people appreciate the ultimate pizza compliment that is pineapple on pizza?

You are in no position to question people's pizza taste if you are ordering from Little Ceaser's.

MiszMasz

Pineapple on pizza is the grossest combination ever. Pineapple is too sweet and that sweetness doesn't mesh with the tastes of cheese or tomato sauce well at all. It's like putting pineapple on lasagna.

You don't put anchovies in your lasagne either though and neither do I, and I would fight the man that disrespects my anchovies.

Jonm1010

Banned
Its not my go to but i don't mind it.

To those saying it doesnt belong, well what does belong then?

Fact is pizza is bread, sauce, cheese and toppings. Combine those in a way that taste good and I will like it.

Jonm1010

Banned

You wouldn't typically put jalepenos, anchovies, bacon or black olives in lasagna either, whats your point?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
All these pizza chains, don't you have local pizza places in the US? Those are typically the best.

Savitar

People hate pineapple on pizza?!

Have they no sense of taste.

Truly they are classless individuals of the highest order.

Buncha whiners in this thread. It's fine, I don't often go for it when given options but would certainly not turn it down. I can't fathom why it's so horrendous to some of you.

Hawaiian BBQ is probably the best kind of pizza I've ever eaten, as long as the BBQ sauce is up to the task.

Then again I also really like jalapenos on a pizza which I think is something a lot of people find odd as well, or at least everyone I know gives me a weird look when I order it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom