• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's The Hate Towards Pineapple Pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads about food are so amazing. People get so judgemental. Oh you eat from a chain?! Shun them! You like a topping I don't like? How could you?! It ain't your mouth so what do you care?

That being said pineapples are gross and only monsters eat them.

MIMIC

Banned
Pineapple on pizza sounds like it would taste awful, but I had it for the first time a few years ago and I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty good.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't like ham or hawaiian pizza by extension, but pinapple is a key addition to a spicy pizza pie. 🍍👌 The sweetness blends right in. Made one recently with 'napples, jalapenos, habs, yellow peps, shrooms and sesame seeds. Pepper and basil oil combo and parm/blue cheese on top. Shit was flaming hot and tasty af.

DJ_Lae

I love pineapple, especially by itself but also on pizza. Ham and pineapple. A BBQ chicken pizza with onions, hot peppers, and pineapple. Or if you're feeling ambitious, spicy curry sauce instead of tomato sauce, shrimp, hot peppers, and pineapple.

All glorious.

MiszMasz

I do put anchovies on my lasagna though.

NQHKSVE.gif

Funnily enough, I have had chillies, bacon and olives in a lasagne before though. Just not at the same time.

cakefoo

Pineapple acts to relieve the senses a bit. It gives you a kick of moisture and sweetness to counter the hot and spicy taste of pizza.

It's the same reason people like to take a gulp of milk after eating a chocolate chip cookie.

Terrell

The hate is really uncalled for. I'm sure that people who hate pineapple on pizza commit equally egregious "crimes against food" in the eyes of others that they think are perfectly acceptable.

It's not my thing to have it ON the pizza, but I like it as an after-meal side, like how some meals come with an orange slice to assist digestion and cleanse the palate. I discovered this when picking pineapple off the pizza to eat later.

GreedZen

Banned
Hey GAF, so I'm as american as the next guy on here, but I do love me some pineapple-topped pizza. I ordered some from little ceaser's last night and it was SO good! The combination of salty and sweet just worked so well for me. So, why can't other people appreciate the ultimate pizza compliment that is pineapple on pizza?

I'm as non-american as the next guy but I do love me some pineapples on a pizza. Sweet peppers as well and most recently, Pizza Hut's BBQ chicken pizza.

You can cut up your pizza and eat it like cereal out of a bowl of grape juice if you want. And if all you're after is fruity sweetness you'll probably even like it.

But there are so many things that go well on pizza (pepperoni, salami, bacon, hot peppers, mushrooms, olives, sausage, artichoke, asparagus, fresh corn, and on and on) that it is a tragedy to spoil it by drowning it in fruit juice, BBQ sauce, or Thousand Island dressing.

These are things that change the entire nature of the food; they are not compatible with pizza. It's a fruit product with pizza-like extras. You're certainly not going to taste anything but soggy pineapple juice bread.

I mourn not the grossness of the pineapple pizza, but for the pizza that will now never exist.

Ulumsk

I think they're better separated, but I don't hate it with the intensity of a thousand suns or anything. What, am I going to like NOT eat the pizza before me? It's pizza! There are very few warm dishes with pineapple where I don't feel like it's a a waste of a good pineapple though.

Solidsoul

Banned
I had to travel for work and i was paired up with this old guy, his name was Buzz. First night we stop at a hotel, it's got this nice little bar and grill built into it.

The waitress asks me what i want to eat, i reply "I'll take the pineapple pizza." The old dude i'm with about spits out his drink and says "PINEAPPLE PIZZA?" to which i replied "Yeah...." I then get the response "What kinda queers put pineapples on their pizza" (He was an obnoxious rude dude) I tried explaining it was normal but he just didn't understand it. He nicknamed me Queer Pizza for the rest of our trip.

People really hate that pizza, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom