• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo Europe: Invite to GT6, [Make A New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Yeah, I agree with everyone on the tracks angle. Sure more premiums are good, but honestly, tracks are what matter the most.

Also, more fictional tracks please. Those tracks probably take a lot less time to create as well since they don't have anything to be compared to and don't need to be accurate to a real-life counterpart. Heck, if it were up to me, I'd have them focused entirely on fictional track creation for the next game so there could be a ton of new ones.

Most of the pure fun I've had in GT games are on the fictional tracks.

But yeah, as a sim, I understand people wanting real-life tracks as well. The fictional tracks thing is just a selfish wish.

Niks

Yeah, I agree with everyone on the tracks angle. Sure more premiums are good, but honestly, tracks are what matter the most.

Also, more fictional tracks please. Those tracks probably take a lot less time to create as well since they don't have anything to be compared to and don't need to be accurate to a real-life counterpart. Heck, if it were up to me, I'd have them focused entirely on fictional track creation for the next game so there could be a ton of new ones.

But yeah, as a sim, I understand people wanting real-life tracks as well. The fictional tracks thing is just a selfish wish.

I would normally agree.
But Cape ring was awful... But yeah, more proper tracks like Grand Valley, Apricot Hiill, Midfield would be most welcome.

malyce

rudy.png

amar212

I would normally agree.
But Cape ring was awful... But yeah, more proper tracks like Grand Valley, Apricot Hiill, Midfield would be most welcome.

Cape Ring is the only bad Original Course IMO

It would be less bad if we got it in reverse configurations and not to be stucked with only forward layouts

All others are pinnacle of track design.

Bathurst, Road America and Brands Hatch would be fine with me for the new world tracks. Bringing back all of the old GT fictional tracks would be way better than adding a bunch of other real world circuits with no character.

Really looking forward to this.

Gran Turismo vs Forza is one of the biggest factors that is going to swing my choice of console next gen

Cape Ring is one of my favourite tracks. What is wrong with the desig?

It is way too clinical. It is feels too perfect and symmetrical like the old Complex String did. I feel like I am racing on a computer generated track opposed to a computer rendering of a real life track. I can imagine Deep Forest or GVS as a track somewhere in the world, Cape Ring might as well have Tron graphics. Just my personal opinion of why Cape Ring sucks ass.

If we had bikes I'd agree. But having F1 races we should have Catalunya.

No, Jerez will always be the home of F1 in Spain. Polyphony have already marked out their stall with new to GT circuits and it's going to be glorious :D

Bathurst
Brands Hatch
Estoril
Hockenheim
Imola
Jerez
Magny-Cours
Monza - GT5
Shanghai
Silverstone
Spa-Francorchamps - GT5
Willow Springs
Zolder

Snaefell Mountain - GT6 DLC

KKRT00

People want to erase already made assets just to have consistency, but for what? Its a game! Its plays better with more content, with more cars and what is advantage of higher consistency? Less flame in system wars? FFS. That just stupid.

===
Got that documented somewhere? All I heard/read is that there's a bigger render time using MLAA than 4x MSAA on PS3.
I dont need document, MSAA is expensive in forward rendered and even more expensive in deferred renderers. In PS3 where CELL can do postAA, its just pure win on RSX, its like 7-10ms win and it frees memory.

U2 to U3 - 2xMSAA to MLAA
KZ 2 to KZ3 - QAA to MLAA
GoW3 demo to GoW3 final - 2x MSAA to MLAA
LBP to LBP 2 - 2xMSAA to MLAA

I can bet that GTA 5 wont use 2xMSAA on Xbox 360 like all other Rockstar games used to, because its cheaper.

--
I don't see how that touches on render time or input lag. My personal experience for example (but on PC only ofc) is that either FXAA or MLAA causes noticeable mouse lag when MSAA doesn't.
Now You are making things up. There is not reason for them to add latency, its like saying that motion or radial blur adds latency, or bloom, or godrays, or color grading.

amar212

Cape Ring is one of my favourite tracks. What is wrong with the desig?

IMO The "loop" is problematic. I can understand PD wanted to have such configuration, but I don't like the loop. I have no problem withbother parts of track.

As Gutter says, it gives an impression of the test-circuit, but unlike Complex String - which I personally adore as Test Track concept - because of the loop it lacks conviction IMO

Also the Reverse option is missing and all 4 configurations are much betterbin reverse IMO

And it was included as only new Original Course for GT5 which only highlights all issues I have with it because it lacks "competition"

I would normally agree.
Just bring back the old ones, like Rome Night, Costa di Amalfi, Citta di Aria, Seattle, and so on.

FlyFaster

I loved complex string. It was my go to track to test out new builds back in the day.

Two (man?) years for each track? I find that fucking hard to believe. Maybe if you factor in laser scanning and photography on real-world circuits, but even then it seems one hell of a long time.

One of these days PD or Turn 10 will be brave enough to include proper, flexible, detailed, intuitive, powerful track creation tools with their game. The community would produce some incredible facsimiles of real-world and historic tracks, and some unbelievably creative fantasy tracks as well. All in weeks, not fucking years.

I agree with you man. 2 years for a track is either a straight up fuck you lie or something is seriously wrong. Also, you are spot on with the track editor. The thing in GT5 is a waste, given proper tools, we'd see some incredible stuff coming out of the community. I think they really need to implement this. Fuck B spec. Fuck Karting.

Rezae

I really think we'll see something for both PS3 and Vita. Keeping it same gen should have streamlined things enough that you would think they could divert some resources to the capable Vita hardware. The Vita NEEDS this, even if its not a 1:1 port in some aspects. Factor in possible cross-buy and cross-saves, it seems like such a no-brainer it prob won't happen ..

The only thing that makes me question a PS4 version is Drive Club.

Now You are making things up. There is not reason for them to add latency, its like saying that motion or radial blur adds latency, or bloom, or godrays, or color grading.

So FXAA/MLAA is completely cost free? No it isn't, there for it adds latency. Can you use them without a latency increase? Yes, if you sacrifice elsewhere. I'm making shit up, just google the amount of people complaining about the same thing.

otapnam

telling ya, its gonna be PS3 but then youll be able to get prologue on PS4 discounted next year using the PS3 BR for assets (if you own it)

BELIEVE.

I am confident that when PD makes their GT game for PS4 it is going to look phenomenal. My problem is I want to see them make a better GT game, not just a next gen GT game. Release GT6 on PS3 and Vita, take some risks with online and other features, nail down your content and take advantage of the licensing they already have. Make GT6 the step in the right direction and then release GT7 as the first PS4 GT game that brings back the undeniable crown. GT6 on PS4 is too soon. They have way too much to fix that has nothing to do with gfx fidelity before they jump to a new gen and get carried away with how much gfx power they have.

So FXAA/MLAA is completely cost free? No it isn't, there for it adds latency. Can you use them without a latency increase? Yes, if you sacrifice elsewhere. I'm making shit up, just google the amount of people complaining about the same thing.

How can you still not understand that EVERY single thing in the rendering pipeline adds latency? And MSAA adds more "latency" (PS3 needs more time to process it than MLAA) than the post process AA methods, especially on bandwith starved platforms like the PS3.

Perkel

Banned

MLAA or any kind of postprocess AA doesn't add latency is used right. They are not cost free. Some types are even more costly than MSAA but they also give much better results.

For next gen we need SMAA in every game. I use it on almost all my games and it is fast as hell and effects are amazing without MLAAish subpixel problems.

edit:

site for injector :

http://mrhaandi.blogspot.com/p/injectsmaa.html

Ding-Ding

telling ya, its gonna be PS3 but then youll be able to get prologue on PS4 discounted next year using the PS3 BR for assets (if you own it)

BELIEVE.

To hell with that...

Sony made a point of mentioning cross buy being expanded to PS4. So what better way than millions buying GT6 on PS3 with a PS4 version available 6 months later, ready for download. That should entice early adoption of the PS4.

PRAY.

If we don't get a bunch of those shitbox cars in GT6 because they took out Standard and didn't have time to "Premium" them, I'll be upset. =[. As much as I want Standard gone for... I want those cars...

If we don't get a bunch of those shitbox cars in GT6 because they took out Standard and didn't have time to "Premium" them, I'll be upset. =[. As much as I want Standard gone for... I want those cars...

They need to make them part of a GT Collection/Museum. Still allow them to be driven under your conditions, but make them disabled by default, and allow them to be blocked on online games.

amar212

GT5 comes out as it is.
GTPlanet, GameFAQ, NeoGaf: Damn those Standards, we don't need 1000 Standard cars, PD should modelled only 400 Premiums, Standards are abomination, GT5 sucks

GT6 comes out without Standards and with 500+ Premiums.
GTPlanet, GameFAQ, NeoGaf: Damn you PD, where are the Standards, we need 1000 cars and 100 Skylines, GT6 sucks.

PD can never win.

GT5 comes out as it is.
GTPlanet, GameFAQ, NeoGaf: Damn those Standards, we don't need 1000 Standard cars, PD should modelled only 400 Premiums, Standards are abomination, GT5 sucks

GTPlanet, GameFAQ, NeoGaf: Damn you PD, where are the Standards, we need 1000 cars and 100 Skylines, GT6 sucks.

PD can never win.

this post is biased!

They should just do it like Rock Band 2 did for 1. If you want "standards" in GT6 you put in your GT5 disc and seamlessly import the content. Not part of the game, so no shitting on it, die hard fans can import them.

GT5 comes out as it is.

PD can never win.

I was ok with the standards, but going forward it's just embarrassing. They need to rework them if they want them in.

dalin80

Banned
Iam all for no standards, as long as the most important and awesome car of all time is included.

But no, it will just be a pile more f**king GTR's and naff hybrids.

Perkel

Banned
I was ok with the standards, but going forward it's just embarrassing. They need to rework them if they want them in.

Now having XYZ car is more embarrassing regardless of one graphical quality.

They are not shitty cars. Just with worse GFX. They drive good. Having Volvo V40 race with friends is far more superior than one with F430s. Sure there are some stinkers but some of them are amazing like catharam.

Maybe PD should go even further. Release DLC content that is all of the cars from the past GT games that aren't currently in GT6, but when I mean the cars from past games, I mean literally the exact assets of the old cars. The low poly count, old physics engine, shitty textures etc. So you could have a PS1 car racing next to an immaculate GT6 premium. Instead of calling them the derogatory, "standard cars" they could call them "legacy vehicles"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom