• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Conduit

Banned
C'mon! Hit me if you can!!!

Yi8zhbL.png

joaomgcd

The Hide UI feature in photomode now hides everything so you can take non-supersampled pictures with the screenshot function.

I don't know if it's the same as Fast And Furious, but what I do there is take a photo in photo mode, then after pressing A to save the UI disappears for a brief moment, so I quickly double tap de Xbox button and it works :) That's how I got the above photos. I never actually save the photos to the Forza site.

shandy706

The environments, lighting, and most materials in The Order are just incredible. Top notch in most places. Love the earlier shot in the thread with the lanterns. The glass and lighting just looks insane.

The character models look their best at a distance though. The very close shots of their faces seem a little lower-res and detailed than in some (VERY few) other current gen games, but are still way above average.

Those Far Cry 4 shots are darn good too. I need to pick it up sometime.

Eesh MK don't look so hot in stills.

Haha, yeah...it's got that weird half cartoon/half realistic contrast going on. It's something they've never moved away from it seems.

The environments, lighting, and most materials in The Order are just incredible. Top notch in most places. Love the earlier shot in the thread with the lanterns. The glass and lighting just looks insane.

The character models look their best at a distance though. The very close shots of their faces seem a little lower-res and detailed than in some (VERY few) other current gen games, but are still way above average.

Haha, yeah...it's got that weird half cartoon/half realistic contrast going on. It's something they've never moved away from it seems.

Oh man you got to get FC4 next time you have a bit of a gaming drought. Some amazing looking areas in that game.

They have a strange soft look sometimes, I don't know if it is the lighting on them. You can actually see the detail on the models is very high, but it often has this soft look. I don't think it is actually low res, because sometimes when you zoom in really close the detail is insane. I mean you can't get that close in other games that lack a photomode and the detail still holds up. Personally I think it is more the lighting, rather than a lack of detail. I mean the overall details on the models (clothing, armour detail etc) is probably the best I have seen.

fastmower

These are random screenshots, everyone I take makes me want to make it my wallpaper. Artistically, this is by far the best.

My question was geared more toward graphical complexity/tech than toward artistry. Although, I definitely agree that the game is artistically top notch, but I wouldn't say it is "by far the best".

Great shot! :O
Cheers! And I really wouldn't expect The Order to be topped until later next year.
Honestly I think its going to be quite difficult for other games to top the Order, even next year, since not many games these days are linear or have the 21:9 aspect ratio.

Maybe the next Crytek game or the next in the Order series
-and Sony please let there be a new one.

I think I'm the only person here that likes film grain.
You're not :)

At this point I think Infamous SS, The Order, Driveclub, KZ SF and Ryse take top honors.

I like Farcry 4, Ori and Captain Toad a lot too.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

These are random screenshots, everyone I take makes me want to make it my wallpaper. Artistically, this is by far the best.

It is very nice artistically. Beautiful style. I find the Order much more impressive graphically, but the impact of the visuals are comparable in their respective areas.

Davide

About film grain, another reason I have mine off for screenshots is because I've noticed grain looks way worse with PS4 compression.

YTeYSlr.jpg

PFVfMp6.jpg

VYnNKPx.jpg

KKRT00

Holy crap, they even rendered the slight pooling of tears where the bottom lid touches the eyeball. On an NPC.

Eyes are made once for human only focused game, thats why they are so detailed on every character, because they make one model, several shaders and just controls some variables.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Huh.. When you get up close to The Order's models, they don't look quite as detailed as I'd imagined.

Top Bottom