• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Console Screenshot Thread (PS4, XB1, Wii U) [READ OP!]

Broman1978

Booted up Destiny for the first time in a long time. It really is a beautiful game at times.

5uQMcL.png

BIUptd.png

Dcor8f.png

Great shots! Just completed this mission like 5 minutes ago. I love the Winter Palace. It also confirms that in terms of dancing Inquisitor>Shepard :p

Meh, I didn't really enjoy the mission. I think it was the sudden slowing of pace after doing the Warden mission not long before. That and the structure of the mission didn't really do it for me. I can see why it was necessary, though. I just didn't enjoy it.

Gorgeous palace, though!

Roussow

Dark Souls 2 (PS4)-- with the combination of binoculars and a hidden hud you can get some beautiful shots.

10421460_10202731144798847_8328262708455772410_n.jpg

10868184_10202731144438838_7083600469760944454_n.jpg

11159452_10202731146478889_994858058187087728_n.jpg

Edit: Sorry about the quality, I didn't have a good host for the images.

The Order is the best looking game on any system of all time. Just mind blowing that's all real time. And as dumb and unwanted as the post processing effects were, the devs deserve credit for allowing them to be removed (and others added) with the new patch.

Bring on some (free?) DLC and an arena mode or something and I'll buy it.

Caayn

More 16:9 goodness needed in this thread.

smitecaayn119u6p.png

smitecaayn2m2u69.png

smitecaayn31suss.png

I thought this was analysed at 'looks like' 900p? It looks 1080p to me with slight CA. Or has upscalling just got significantly better?

Really pretty actually though, nice IQ.

EDIT: Actually looks like 1080pr.
Wasn't that only the NXGamer fellow who claimed 900p (presumably)? I'd would wait on the verdict of DF or Beyond3D instead of a random youtuber. If I'm correct Beyond3D counted it at 1360x1080. So yeah "1080pr" if that's how you want to call it.

The Emerald Graves is by far my favourite area in the game so far. Spent a good couple of hours just wondering around admiring its beauty. Bioware sure know how to make great environments.

16978439058_f299f241b8_o.jpg

17164584122_3f68f3cf47_o.jpg

17166197065_a22b57bf48_o.jpg

Gurish

Damn, when I see the absolutely insane Order pics I'm starting to realize we probably wont get any better looking game on consoles until maybe the next David Cage's game.

I just have a feeling the PS4 can't render such visuals on a bigger scope than The Order, David Cage's game will probably be even more linear so he can top this, but other than that? I feel like we are witnessing the top the PS4 is capable of :/

Khayam

Banned
Damn, when I see the absolutely insane Order pics I'm starting to realize we probably wont get any better looking game on consoles until maybe the next David Cage's game.

I just have a feeling the PS4 can't render such visuals on a bigger scope than The Order, David Cage's game will probably be even more linear so he can top this, but other than that? I feel like we are witnessing the top the PS4 is capable of :/

Wait for Uncharted 4 and God of War 4. These too are serious players on the field (especially GoW, the third one is still jaw dropping).

I doubt it to be honest. Go back and look at what SSM achieved on PS3 with GoW3...I think they will top the Order in terms of visual impact. I also think that in the end U4 will shade it.

We hear that about a particular game each console generation and time and time again its proven wrong. The visuals in this game will be topped by another game, and that game by another this generation. That's the beauty of developing for consoles, developers will find more rendering tricks and make their engines/code more efficient.

Gurish

Wait for Uncharted 4 and God of War 4. These too are serious players on the field (especially GoW, the third one is still jaw dropping).

I doubt it to be honest. Go back and look at what SSM achieved on PS3 with GoW3...I think they will top the Order in terms of visual impact. I also think that in the end U4 will shade it.

We hear that about a particular game each console generation and time and time again its proven wrong. The visuals in this game will be topped by another game, and that game by another this generation. That's the beauty of developing for consoles, developers will find more rendering tricks and make their engines/code more efficient.

Well so how much time are we gonna wait? I don't see anything this year that's coming even close to that, I really hope that by the end of 2016 someone can top this on consoles and with a bigger scope but I'm really doubtful about that.

Noobcraft

11137864_349355005264116_1350752737_n.jpg

I still don't understand how to share images on the Xbox One. The only option I get is to make it my wallpaper. So this is an off-screen photo, haha.
If you save your photomode shots they turn up in your gallery on Forza motorsports website. If you use the Xbox screenshot function you have to share them to twitter/OneDrive from the upload app and share them that way.

Here's the most recent shot I took (pulled from forzamotorsport.net)
GetPhoto.ashx

Caayn

11137864_349355005264116_1350752737_n.jpg

I still don't understand how to share images on the Xbox One. The only option I get is to make it my wallpaper. So this is an off-screen photo, haha.
Depending on your privacy settings you can use https://xboxdvr.com.

Otherwise you can use the following method.

1. Open upload.
2. Goto "My captures"
3. Select the screenshot you want to upload.
4. Press the start button and select "share"
5. Share it to your desired platform, Onedrive gives the best result(uncompressed).
6. On your PC open Onedrive and grab your image.
7. Upload it to your desired image host.

Major Nelson created a small video guide on how to share screenshots.

Top Bottom