• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20th anniversary PS4 console announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JNA

Banned
Probably not a chance in hell but I hope Sony reconsiders and makes/sells more of these outside of Playstation Experience.

The only way to buy it for people who don't go will have only the option to wait and see if some scalper buys it off Ebay for like $1,000+.

:(

Bumhead

Banned
Real talk, I would rather have this than Shenmue 3, Half Life 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Crash Bandicoot reboot.

I must have one.

Shin

Banned
OG grey. Looks a little dark in the pics but would be amazing if it's the exact same manufacturing colour.

How is the number 12300 significant?

December / 3rd ---- 12-3 (original PlayStation release in Japan?)

ibun

Just give me that Pad and the PS1 boot sound and I am a happy person, well not as happy as when I booted up my first disc based gaming console: PS1.

Skux

If only the console had the little PS logo that could rotate depending on how you orient the system. That would be the icing on the cake.

dopemethodz

Neo Member
Sucks that it's getting a limited release, which means if it can be bought it will have a crazy inflated price from a reseller :'(

thuway

If I can't get one, I think I'm going to cry. UGH RESPONSIBILIITIES WHY DID YOU PREVENT ME FROM GOING TO VEGAS :'(.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Lottery? Oh fuck. Well, I'm screwed.
hyK38Q1.png

Garou

The Japanese announcement says there will only be 12,300 units released worldwide, so it implies an international release.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
So it'll be available in some non-traditional fashion in Europe, €499.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014...adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141203_36616617

Sporting the same ‘Original Grey’ finish as the original PlayStation and packaged in a commemorative box, PlayStation 4 20th Anniversary Edition will be priced at €499 and limited to 12,300 units worldwide, reflecting the launch date of the original PlayStation.

Given this very limited production run, the 20th Anniversary Edition will not be available via traditional retail channels in the SCEE region. Look out for more information soon on how you can get your hands on one of these highly collectable consoles.

15316802723_d684a739fa_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom