• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20th anniversary PS4 console announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

this thing will be sold out before you can refresh the shopping page on your browser and then they will be on Ebay for about a stack.

This is what pains me the most. Those of us who truly want this thing will be murked. I'm not in a place in my life where I can spend over a grand on a console. Like I said, pray for the best, and hope. That's all anyone can do.

DBT85

If they wanted to not screw over the limited edition they could just release the controller with the normal touchpad and PS button.

Memnoch

untitled-6hyzxi.gif
Man that is awesome!

Derpcrawler

I would buy one if they would ship it to China, even for 1-2k USD. Usually people see that you are in China and either jack up the price 2-3 times or decline to ship. I can understand those that are declining since there is lot of scam with credit cards in China, but I hate when they jack up the price because they think you are chinese billionaire.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
God, that looks so nice & sleek. I just hate that I can't afford it & when I can afford one, they'll be long gone except for on eBay for double the price.

At least there's those 20th anniversary themes I can download on my Vita & PS3, assuming the US gets them soon......aannndd the thought of never being able to have that 20th anniversary PS4 with the 20th anniversary theme together saddens me more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It has the original boot sound? Do want.
There's a PS4 theme that has it (PS3 & Vita don't have the sound, I think). EU only at the moment, but considering today's the US anniversary, maybe we'll get it as well soon.

Madness

Has it been 20 years? It seems like just yesterday it was out. Crazy how fast time flies. I'd buy this in a heartbeat if it wasn't so limited and going to sell out quick.

Pyccko

Ah, but wait! The lucky sons of a bitch bastards that actually get one of these are gonna want second controllers, right? Surely they'll make standalones!
SURELY IT WILL HAPPEN

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cool for fans, though as I grew up as a Nintendo kid I guess it was never really going to be for me. You have to admit though that this does lack the distinctive features of the original PSX (like the circular disc cover) making this design come off as just a grey recolouring rather than say a NES edition GBA which including the grating stripe and duel grey tones (I'm going to ignore the 3DS XL edition). They are both designs based on an old system I did not own but I find one was more successful in being applied to newer hardware than the other. I mean the light strip wasn't even changed to green to match the power button of the PSX and surely that would just be a cheap LED change.

Also odd that the DS4 controller parts like the D-Pad and shoulder buttons remain black rather than being changed to a dark grey colour like the original PSX controller's.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There's a PS4 theme that has it (PS3 & Vita don't have the sound, I think). EU only at the moment, but considering today's the US anniversary, maybe we'll get it as well soon.
Cool. I mean, I won't buy one. I have roughly 100x the gaming I need between my PC and Wii U, and I just dropped a grand over the weekend, the larger portion being on music production stuff I'll be using my spare time on, but PS1 was the first console I bought myself and...

right in the nostalgia balls

dayum

shandy706

Not a fan of the color and no nostalgia (PS1 was my 9th console), but really interested because of rarity.

Love me some collectors items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom