• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20th anniversary PS4 console announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakage

Others may not have, but I got your parody post reference ;)

Please dear god let me buy the controller. I don't have the expendable income to buy the PS4 but that doesn't make me any less of a PS fan. I get the limited console thing, whatever. But the controller... Upsell me to hell on that thing, please.

Parody post reference? I wasn't making a reference to anything.

I'm not a fan of the color and never was, but it's a great way to celebrate the anniversary.

It would be great if Sony would let users pick the classic boot sound with a new FW update.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Parody post reference? I wasn't making a reference to anything.
Really? It's something straight out of early 2013. Reminds me of all the armchair critiquing from back then. Good times.
Oh wow. I bet a lot of us didn't notice that.
I just looked closely at my PS4 controller to see if there were little button shapes on them that I never noticed.... nope.
I saw. Best part of the OG Vita I'd the etching on the back touchpad.
#ReleaseTheGreyDS4pls
go.
#PS1DS4Everyone

It's great as a nostalgia console, but it really doesn't look 2014 current.

Actually, the PS1 kind of looked a bit retro/dated when it was new (I'm not saying I don't love it). It didn't look cutting edge even in 1994.

PS2 was the first one that looked modern/futuristic in its day.

But I think that's whats cool about, everything is just a black box these days that your average person couldn't tell between a DVD player and game console, it would really go a long way with Sony push as a true dedicated gaming machine. It's a mix of both old and new and I think that would resonate with a lot of people (me included). If anything it would definitely stick out among the competition.

3bdelilah

Banned
2124353-what-year-is-it-robin-williams_super.jpg

I thought I woke up in the future where the PS4 turned 20.

Probably not the first one with the lame joke, am I?

It'll come to Europe for €499 but no information how one will be able to buy it: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed/

According to Kotaku
Kotaku said:
According to Sony, the console is priced at US$499 and will be available for pre-order via Store.Sony.com starting December 6. In Europe, the 20th Anniversary PS4 will go for €499.

So I would assume Store.Sony.Com for both US and EU?

I hope they send me one of these since my console became useless 364 days in to that 1 year warranty. Hopefully this one doesn't sound like a hoover after 5 minutes of gaming.

Zok310

Banned
Talk about throw back.
The color, the logo, the theme, the packaging, the controller.
Crazy exotic.
This is a LE that you buy and never open.

thuway

Sony.com is going to be hammered so freaking hard, no one will have an opportunity to get it. If they were to sell some Seattle, I'd more than likely have to sleep outside a store.

Ricky_R

Wow, I'm normally pretty happy with my black Playstations, and all electronics for that matter, but this grey PS4 looks seriously amazing.

My black PS4 will have to suffice though.

I'll be at the Playstation Experience this weekend. Man, I am going to try not to drop $500 on this, but I want to sssooo badly!

bgbball31

Surprised they didn't make the light bar on the console green to match the power light on the PS1.

Either way, looks awesome. Would love to pick up that controller.

TheMan

I usually don't give a shit about special edition consoles with different paint jobs, but this one tugs at my heartstrings, sorta. I'd buy the controller at least, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom