• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K teasing Advent on Twitter. BioShock? XCOM? New IP? [Up: Looking like XCOM]

d1rtn4p

X-Com, literally the best announcement they could have made. Civilization and Bioshock are tired as dust at this point...

It was really uneven but the metacritic makes it out to be a complete dumpster fire, which it isn't. You will always hate the friendly squad AI and the early part of the game is kind of dull, but it really starts to go off the deep end about half way through and goes right bananas in the last 20%. It was a fun romp and I plan on playing it again someday.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeeeeees to more XCOM.

Especially if they fix some of the tactical-related issues with the previous one.

Zach

I'm not really a strategy game fan, but that XCOM game I got with PS+ was super fun. I look forward to hearing more.

Enemy Within was an excellent entry, so I'm definitely interested in another XCOM, especially one that tweaks the formula a little bit. This is actually a cooler direction to take it than just redoing TFTD, to me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They only disappointing thing is that from the looks of it, it won't have anything to do with Terror from the Deep.

Which saddens me well beyond words.

I just saw the email and website. I only hope this game plays like Deus Ex: Human Revolution where we have to explore the world to uncover Advent' lies.

I can't have proper investment if plays like Xcom: Enemy Unknown as I usually end up yelling at the screen "WHY ARE YOU STANDING STILL WHILE PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING YOU!?".

I just saw the email and website. I only hope this game plays like Deus Ex: Human Revolution where we have to explore the world to uncover Advent' lies.

I can't have proper investment if plays like Xcom: Enemy Unknown as I usually end up yelling at the screen "WHY ARE YOU STANDING STILL WHILE PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING YOU!?".

XCOM: Dues Ex Edition would be a total dream come true.

2thepoint

I thought it was Bioshock.

Chris-morris-jumps-out-window-o.gif

Tagyhag

Hell yeah more XCOM, anyone who has the PC version and thinks they're good at the game should try Long War and be proven wrong.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Website has changed a bit. There are more glitches, there's a wav file, one more person at the bottom has gone missing and the counter has gone up to 4.2 million.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sorry guys but free turn on reveal is the way to go. Also please dont design a game, ever. The best game in the series uses it (Long War). I would be interested in seeing base construction mixed up. Maybe bring back multiple bases.

The only problem with cover and free turn is that is really neutered the crysallids. But its ok because everything else is fucking terrifying (I see Heavy Floaters in my nightmares) and there is no way to game the economy like in UFO Defense.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I dont really want procedural generation except maybe for wilderness crashes. But whats really important is that there is proper mod support this time. No doubt the XCOM coommunity would have littered EU and EW with new maps if it had been possible.

boltz

Great to hear that it's XCOM and something along the lines of Apocalypse. Having your vehicles fight alien craft in real time and causing collateral damage was crazy.

Naminator

Banned
XCOM?

LOL just like a few other I was feeling a bit "meh" about it being a new Bioshock, but XCOM? Awwwww man thats what I'm talking about!

Bring it 2K!

Fat4all

Banned
I was starting to wondering how long until they would start making an XCOM for the PS4 and Xbone.

Looks like they already are. Hopefully.

Top Bottom