• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K teasing Advent on Twitter. BioShock? XCOM? New IP? [Up: Looking like XCOM]

110749-army-of-darkness-yeah-baby-gif-bhkf.gif

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
XCOM? "Cities of Tomorrow?"

I'd love for this to be an Apocalypse reboot, my favourite one in the series.

The DNA splicing / mutant clue works too.

Palehorse

This is it! itshappening.gif.

I can't wait to see what Solomon has in store for us this time. Will they go more streamlined? Go more OG X-Com? Apocalypse? A hybrid?

I think that one take-away we can safely say they spotted from EU was the number of maps was far too small. Here's hoping they came up with a random map generator or something suitable.

In any case, I am on board. It's not even officially official and already I'm day one preordered. I may need to have a lie-down.

Hopeford

Would love a new XCom for next-gen systems. I wonder if they'll change up the way attack hit chance works, it could get pretty frustrating in EU.

That frustration was what made it great though! Knowing that a 98% chance to hit actually meant you could still miss the shot made every battle into this really, really tense scenario. Without it, the game would have been pretty mediocre in my opinion.

Gator86

disappointed-gif_2.gif

I actually like XCOM but I was too hype for a Bioshock sequel. Hopefully, they will address some of the major issues with the last title. More XCOM is a good thing though.

A Bioshock game without Levine's asshole pomposity at the helm will be just another drab first-person shooter with "plasmids" or whatever. Why is anyone clamoring for that?

superjona

A friend and me managed to crack the secret code on the Advent site.

In this PDF you can see the chemical bonds. Select the red ones, they're selectable as text and are not part of the image.

Over here, there are a bunch of black letters.

If we put those all together, we get this: G F I I O L I D N Co V O

Nothing special huh? Wait 'till we rearrange the order a little bit:

V I G I L O Co N F I D O. Exactly, the tagline for XCOM: Enemy Unkown.

dex3108

I am personally disappointed :( This will be 4th game with XCOM in the name since Mafia 2 launched and we are still waiting for Mafia 3 :( I guess that is life we can;t get everything we want :D

OKK

I am personally disappointed :( This will be 4th game with XCOM in the name since Mafia 2 launched and we are still waiting for Mafia 3 :( I guess that is life we can;t get everything we want :D

Even though last gen had three XCOM games - only the first one was a truly full-fledged game, since EW was just an expansion pack and Bureau, well, a shit show of game.

ThatGuy

Heads up website says at the bottom "1 Day until the truth is revealed". I think its safe to say that we will get an announcement of some sort today. Hopefully more than a press release and two screenshots.

Top Bottom