• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 has pretty much ruined Halo CE multiplayer with the latest patch

Head.spawn

Im not making excuses. Im simply telling people how it is.

Halo 5 Beta worked, even with that unfinished UI/Matchmaking.

MMC, a outsourced mess got glued together by different companys.

Yes 343 is on the Box, but it doesnt change the fact.

I think you have to start your post off with, "the age of Halo is over ruined, because 343 just shit themselves in the foot!!" Or else your opinion is invalid.

I don't think people really debate that Halo 5 will be in a much better state than MCC. The question is just whether you want to support a company that essentially stole $60 dollars right out of your wallet by buying their new game on launch day.

The thing for me is with MCC. The Campaign worked for every Game.

They only ridicliously broken part, was Multiplayer. And to some point now its still not where it should be.
But the thing is i stopped caring about MCC MP a long time ago. When i got to play some MP, it works now.

Im looking forward to H5. Im not hyped for H5, but im looking forward to it.

Nibel

Why would you remove bullet magnetism? Seems like a bug to me because this would be all kinds of fucked up.

Maffis

I was gonna say "bullet magnetism, is that a fancier word for auto aim?" but then I saw that gif and wow. If the crosshair is red and the autoaim is sticking, why the fuck is it missing? Why are they messing with gameplay mechanics that are years old?

DieH@rd

Banned
I almost bought an Xbox One for the Master Chief Collection. Dodged that bullet, I guess.

zlemkv.gif

n0razi

But we want to know when it's being fixed. Breaking things and then promising to fix them later is not acceptable game development.

Here's a gif of what we're talking about
LL3Retk.gif

dang... its PERFECT in destiny (i guess since it is Bungie after all)... the first or 2nd shot there would be a beautiful headshot with an explosion of sparks

eFoROnC.jpg

Jesus, how hard can it be to just give the people who purchased this game what they want. Why would you change that? How the fuck can you screw up a collection of old ass games so bad? I was so close to buying this game too.

It's a huge bummer.

E92 M3

dang... its PERFECT in destiny (i guess since it is Bungie after all)... the first or 2nd shot there would be a beautiful headshot with an explosion of sparks

eFoROnC.jpg

Destiny has some of the best shooting mechanics that I every played with. Bungie nailed it good.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't think I've ever played CE in this game without it being a broken piece of shit.
Each time I came back to play a couple of matches (every other month) something is completely messed up with it.

clav

But we want to know when it's being fixed. Breaking things and then promising to fix them later is not acceptable game development.

LL3Retk.gif

Actually that GIF reminds me how Halo CE multiplayer on PC was, so this clip is true to the nature.

You had to predict the player movement even though the player wasn't on the crosshair so you'd be shooting at a non-target while listening to a treble clef F note pitch beep beep beep for shot registration.

You can't aim at the player and expect the system to register the shot.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Reminder to preorder Halo 5.

The beautiful thing is that when fans and especially the gaming press talk about MS and Xbox they make sure to say that Halo is a massive franchise, a franchise with super appeal that other competitors do not have... basically acknowledging its ability to generate hype in its fans and thus draw in customers. Phoning such projects in is quite baffling. Halo 2 emulation on the Xbox 360 was never properly fixed with more than a few UI glitches, etc...

bakeray

I think a lot of people are still just upset about this because Halo was such a staple in a lot of our lives. My entire high school experience wouldn't have been the same if it wasn't for Halo. We played Halo LAN 2v2/3v3/4v4 at least 4-5 times a week. Basically any chance we could get an even amount of people together and an open house, we had a LAN. Same with Halo 2.

A lot of people purchased Xbox Ones specifically to help recreate the magic. I encouraged and hoped people would do so. The game was completely and utterly broken for weeks, a couple months. There were multiple days of 6-8 hrs sessions trying to play CUSTOM games and only being able to get a game or two in. Between the party system, party chat, the actual games party issues, and everything else. They shipped the game under false pretenses, the game was essentially unplayable to a lot of people and they still continued the advertise the game as if nothing was wrong. They kept promising these huge sweeping fixes which for the most part never materialized until recently, but it's too late now. The damage is done, people either traded in the game or their xbox's completely. This combined with Microsoft charging me for Xbox Live when I had renewed a card on my account for 3 months about a week prior just was enough for me.

I have been screwed by Microsoft's policies in the past and overlooked them cus I generally loved the console and what they were trying to do. I have overlooked a lot of stuff that other people made a huge deal about, I've spent A LOT of my money on their products, and have convinced other people to do so as well, so excuse me if your 'they'll fix it next patch comments' seem to fall on deaf ears. I'm sick of being treated like an idiot, and I'm pretty much over the Xbox division on the whole at this point.

The only reason I haven't gotten rid of the console is because I generally do love some of their games, and some of the friends I've made on Xbox I don't interact with anywhere else. I'm hoping they'll get their shit together but I'm past the point where I'm going to hold my breathe. PC gaming has been treating me pretty well, and unless something significant changes, I doubt I'll be buying another console after this generation.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I don't think people really debate that Halo 5 will be in a much better state than MCC. The question is just whether you want to support a company that essentially stole $60 dollars right out of your wallet by buying their new game on launch day.

Considering that Halo IS Xbox at least as far as first party games are concerned, one would hope that one of the pre-requisites of getting people excited about every Halo instalment, including the upcoming Halo 5, is to make sure to have respect for your own property as much as you try to get your fans/customers to. Similar reason why I have plenty of contempt for Konami due to their handling of the SH: HD collection, SH games after SH4, the ZoE: HD collection (thankfully Kojima stepped in there, see how Konami rewarded him for his professionalism), PES, etc...

The beautiful thing is that when fans and especially the gaming press talk about MS and Xbox they make sure to say that Halo is a massive franchise, a franchise with super appeal that other competitors do not have... basically acknowledging its ability to generate hype in its fans and this draw in customers making fact that they keep phoning such projects in quite baffling. Halo 2 emulation on the Xbox 360 was never properly fixed with more than a few UI glitches, etc...

Tbh without Bungie I don't know how much longer Halo will retain that status, it probably doesn't deserve to already. MCC just feels like another nail in the coffin.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
No one from 343 is working on the MCC Patches. Its all outsourced stuff.

H5 will work.

Is this supposed to make people feel good at how 343 and MS in general are shepherding/guarding the value of the Halo franchise? Such a collection was a chance to introduce a lot of people to the Halo franchise and help Halo 5 chart a new course with a lot less pressure and more excited fans.

Yeah, it's high time to change the profile picture.

I'm done with Halo until Halo 5 rolls out, until then, I'm deleting the collection and everything. I feel like a whiny kid at this point but it's always half a step forward and thirty two back for this collection. I don't know who to place blame on but this has been borked from the word go and it really does crush me.

Oh well. If you can't get your game up to snuff or have a team that can do the work, I'm not going to keep playing hoping it all turns out alright.

I'm breaking up with you, Stinkles. Please, don't make this harder than it needs to be... I just need to go my own way.

Afro

H1 plays the best it ever has w/ this "broken" patch. Aiming requires incredible finesse and once you adjust to the smaller hitboxes and learn how much to lead, shots do hit, consistently even. H1 pre-patch, H2, and H2A feel so less involved and almost elementary in comparison (h3 is just weird).
Would be the GOAT w/ proper spawns and nades. Obviously in the minority here.

PSYGN

Umm, so now that shots require more precision it's ruined? Or maybe I'm not understanding the video.

jem0208

LL3Retk.gif

To be fair, the centre of the reticule was off for almost every shot. Just because it's red doesn't guarantee a hit, it's a bit misleading actually. With the current patch your aim needs to be really fucking good.

You also have to remember that the CE pistol isn't hitscan. Basically this patch has made the skill gap absolutely huge. The problem is that the players who used to be good need to relearn and readjust and the the players who weren't good are even worse off now.

Umm, so now that shots require more precision it's ruined? Or maybe I'm not understanding the video.

The aiming reticle is red. That means you should be getting hits, halo was never meant to play like CS where you're pulling off insane head shots on small hit boxes.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

I'm done with Halo until Halo 5 rolls out, until then, I'm deleting the collection and everything. I feel like a whiny kid at this point but it's always half a step forward and thirty two back for this collection. I don't know who to place blame on but this has been borked from the word go and it really does crush me.

Oh well. If you can't get your game up to snuff or have a team that can do the work, I'm not going to keep playing hoping it all turns out alright.

I'm breaking up with you, Stinkles. Please, don't make this harder than it needs to be... I just need to go my own way.

I am not sure MS really cares if you delete it and stop playing it if they think you will still pay for Xbox LIVE and get Halo 5 when it launches ;).

Well, it is using a controller, not a mouse and keyboard.

It's a byproduct of ADS, I've played Halo and I've never encountered aim assist to the degree that was in Destiny.

But it's because of the post above, it makes you feel like a badass because you grab a handcannon and literally just aim in the general direction of the enemy and start pulling off headshots.

ryan299

$250 CE (that we still don't know what looks like on the inside after its December 2014 reveal) still available!

I don't understand how you can ask people to spend 250 and not even show them what the main component looks like. We're like 5 months away and they still haven't shown it, which is ridiculous.

Also dam CE looks terrible in that video. Hopefully they fix it

TomShoe

Banned

Considering you're going to be buying Halo 5 anyway, that's kind of an empty threat :/

jem0208

The aiming reticle is red. That means you should be getting hits, halo was never meant to play like CS where you're pulling off insane head shots on small hit boxes.

That's not true though, even with CE before the patch.

You had to lead shots and even when the reticule was red you could still miss.

Head.spawn

I don't understand how you can ask people to spend 250 and not even show them what the main component looks like. We're like 5 months away and they still haven't shown in, which iss ridiculous.

Also dam CE looks terrible in that video. Hopefully they fix it

It would be ridiculous if it weren't for e3 and gamescon being stupid close.

I'll bet my avatar they show it at e3.

I am not sure MS really cares if you delete it and stop playing it if they think you will still pay for Xbox LIVE and get Halo 5 when it launches ;).

It's moreso me airing out dirty laundry with 343i than taking a stand against MS.

Besides, I personally won't pay for Halo 5. Typically my brother always picks up copies for us at launch and I repay him but after buying him another game, we're even. So I can continue to pout and rant and feel okay doing so lol

Yeah, it was someone's "genius" idea to port the PC version of Halo CE for Halo MCC. That said, even the PC version of CE worked better than this shit.

Seventy70

It's more like 343 Fuck Ups at this point. They've ruined Halo. People in management should re asses their lives and take a cold hard look at the lowlife scheme they are running by selling a broken product.

If I was running a company that put out a product in this condition, I would stop EVERYTHING and set 100% resources to fixing it immediately. Shows the kind of people they must be though. No integrity. No conscience.

PSYGN

The reticle turning red is definitely the issue I see here. Having the hitbox more accurate to where an inch over the enemies head doesn't register as a shot doesn't seem like a problem to me. It'll be frustrating when your shots don't register when they would've before, but I'm sure "loose" hitboxes wasn't an actual design decision and so they've tightened it. Then again, maybe the netcode or general hit detection in Halo CE is bad so tightening the hitbox makes things even worse. I don't know as I don't have the game.

Welfare

That's not true though, even with CE before the patch.

You had to lead shots and even when the reticule was red you could still miss.

Jem, come on. Pre patch, that Blue would be dead 2 times over. Even at longer ranges you would get in more hits then in that gif.

Honey, it was ruined when she bought it.

I fell out of Halo after 3 (never played the future installments) but I still have very fond memories of the first one especially. What lil I have been scanning the Halo threads of late I feel the fans will attack 343 like rabid dogs when it comes to Halo 5. I hope for the best for them, supposedly 4 was an excellent game but was too different of what fans were expecting?

Chippiez

Banned
It's funny because Halo CE could have been the thing to get me to buy an Xbox One. But the constant mishandling of this game has been a big red flag.

Campaigns are fine /shrug. Only reason I bought it. I've done a *little* MP and have had no problems other than me sucking at it. I guess other's mileage varies.

Top Bottom