• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343 has pretty much ruined Halo CE multiplayer with the latest patch

I challenge you to go on the biggest Halo Twitch channels and strike a conversation regarding what is the best Halo and how was the Halo 5 beta, how it compares. Or in MCC itself. It happens everyday. See what you get with the casuals.

And pros or the grand community do not want to just play Halo 2 all their lives.

People watching and commenting on Twitch livestreams are not casual/average, but ok.

spootime

It's not like pros are a big indication of well, anything. They've never really dictated the sales of these games. Besides, they're literally never happy. The only thing that would fully satisfy them would be a perfect 1:1 recreation of post-patch Halo 2... So... Literally just continuing to play Halo 2 on Xbox/X360 for the rest of time. Just like pro Smash players. If it's not literally Melee, they'll find a problem. Even Project M isn't "perfect", it's just more convenient.

Balancing multiplayer games for the professional scene is the best way to ensure your game stays popular. I don't think its coincidental that all of the most popular online games in the world are balanced meticulously for the very highest level of play.

I also dont think its coincidental that Halo 4 multiplayer lost popularity at an exponentially faster rate than its predecessors.

Nutter

I challenge you to go on the biggest Halo Twitch channels and strike a conversation regarding what is the best Halo and how was the Halo 5 beta, how it compares. Or in MCC itself. It happens everyday. See what you get with the casuals.

And pros or the grand community do not want to just play Halo 2 all their lives.

So they do not want H2, they do not want H3, then what do they want? And what pro's are you talking about? the 40 or so people that call themselves pro and go to tournaments?

I have been playing Halo since CE and I know that Halo 5 Beta was very enjoyable, including new features, yet keeping that familiarity that I know and love.

Madness

So they do not want H2, they do not want H3, then what do they want? And what pro's are you talking about? the 40 or so people that call themselves pro and go to tournaments?

I have been playing Halo since CE and I know that Halo 5 Beta was very enjoyable, including new features, yet keeping that familiarity that I know and love.

Ram really loved H5 as well. Could this be start of TJ comeback?

But we want to know when it's being fixed. Breaking things and then promising to fix them later is not acceptable game development.

Here's a gif of what we're talking about
LL3Retk.gif

dude what the fuck....?

my last halo game was reach

Hubble

People watching and commenting on Twitch livestreams are not casual/average, but ok.

Ask in MCC, Gamefaqs, IGN, etc. I wouldn't say Twitch viewers are hardcore and a good representation of the community, since it is one place where everyone can watch Halo together just like with Minecraft.

So they do not want H2, they do not want H3, then what do they want? And what pro's are you talking about? the 40 or so people that call themselves pro and go to tournaments.

I know all the pros and that is an unfair comment. Age does not matter in how the pro community is reacting to Halo 5. No one has said they do not want Halo 2 or Halo 3, and guess what, MCC failed on that. MCC is another failure of deliverance by 343 in a Halo game.

The Halo community wants a Halo game.

Balancing multiplayer games for the professional scene is the best way to ensure your game stays popular. I don't think its coincidental that all of the most popular online games in the world are balanced meticulously for the very highest level of play.

I also dont think its coincidental that Halo 4 multiplayer lost popularity at an exponentially faster rate than its predecessors.

Halo 4 also had significantly bigger competition than its predecessors. It launched literally days before the biggest Call of Duty title (I think still to this day). Halo 3 on the other hand launched months before CoD4 and at the time CoD was only just starting to become super mainstream.

Hubble

Halo 4 also had significantly bigger competition than its predecessors. It launched literally days before the biggest Call of Duty title (I think still to this day). Halo 3 on the other hand launched months before CoD4 and at the time CoD was only just starting to become super mainstream.

Oh please Halo 4 is regarded as the worse Halo title, period. For multiplayer.

They keep resetting the rankings, so i was like.. what's the point? it's broken and they keep resetting everyone.

fuck this game.

i wonder if it'll finally be working as it should by the time halo 5 comes out.

Pop

Games broken. Still broken. Will always be broken.

Bought a system for this. Sold it about a month after launch because of the numerous reasons. It's a shame Halo is being treated like this. I grew up with Halo, so this hurts a lot. I would buy Halo blindly in the past but that's not the case anymore. I wait to see how H5 launch is but then again I might just move on and not buy another Halo again.

Outrun

How do you say everything they have done since has been golden... in a thread about it NOT being golden.

It is golden for me. I guess I have a greater tolerance for these things.

I hope that the game gets to a point where others are happy with it.

It is all good :)

gypsygib

As a dev trying to convince fans of their ability to manage the franchise at a somewhat comparable level to Bungie, it's disheartening to hear that they struggle to even remake an existing game with the same gameplay quality.

Even worse is their inability to recreate the feel and balance after so many months and attempts. It seems like they just don't know how to make Bungie's Halo.

However, I suspect MS just rushed them to have a major game to compliment its holiday price slash tactic in an effort to put a stop to PS4s sales momentum. When in doubt, I blame the publisher and it's desire for deadlines over release readiness.

Hatchtag

Banned
reach was better IMO

Reach was leagues better imo. Miles above Halo 4. I didn't really care for the DLC they did for it, though.

I'm pretty confident at this point that Halo MCC will never work. I'm glad I bought an Xbox One for this piece of shit. At this point MS should just give the IP to a studio that cares or at least has some sort of creative control over the franchise. 343 has shown that they either don't care at all about Halo or that they don't have enough control over the franchise to show it.

You fucking suck, 343. You ruined Halo for me. It was the main reason I bought the OG Xbox, the 360, and now the Xbox One. Looks like I made my purchase too soon, as you've managed to absolutely kill one of the few "sure thing" franchises out there. GJ, crew.

Can't wait to sprint and use ADS.

in Halo.

ADS is a non-issue seeing as it works like scoping in previous halo games where movement speed isn't compromised.

Sprint you can argue leads to maps needing to be larger, but the core gameplay loop is still the same

spootime

ADS is a non-issue seeing as it works like scoping in previous halo games where movement speed isn't compromised.

Sprint you can argue leads to maps needing to be larger, but the core gameplay loop is still the same

Non-issue is a bit strongly worded, seeing how it does affect the spread of the guns youre using.

I should probably mention that I actually liked ADS in the beta. But im a casual scrub halo player :)

Non-issue is a bit strongly worded, seeing how it does affect the spread of the guns youre using.

I should probably mention that I actually liked ADS in the beta. But im a casual scrub halo player :)

I think they said they're gonna nerf that though. I suppose the other 'problem' is that it obstructs your view but that didn't matter to me much

Well, that's AAA gaming for you.

And to all the people who have so far chimed in with "They know, it will be fixed in the next patch. Halo 5 will work."

Just go ahead and Pre-Order Halo 5. You will deserve it.

Dunkley

But we want to know when it's being fixed. Breaking things and then promising to fix them later is not acceptable game development.

Here's a gif of what we're talking about
LL3Retk.gif

Never thought a single gif could disappoint me so much as this one does.

Leyasu

Banned

Oh no, the pros dont like it, so everyone should hate it.... Fuck the pros!

I too have been playing halo since ce and I thought the beta pissed all over the others. I will never touch "old" halo again once 5 is on my hdd.

danmaku

How do they break the game every other week?

What a joke of a dev, don't know how any halo fan can give a shit about 343i anymore.

The code must be a nightmare to work with. I doubt it's possible to fix something without breaking something else. In the end, they'll just fix the worst problems and call it a day.

dude what the fuck....?
LL3Retk.gif

I still did not play CE since the last update so I cannot say for this but for the rest of MCC it's pretty good now but damn this gif of Halo CE cannot be real!

Why they did this?
By doing that (if true) they simply ruin all the fun of this game. I believe this decision was made regarding some feedback of the Pro team inside 343i in order to make the game more hard with less aim I guess.

But really 343i really need to understand this:
Halo IS NOT only about PRO PLAYERS or pro stuff 343i...

Of course competition is important in Halo but Halo got always a good balance between pro and casual so not only one side (COD) of the other (PRO).
I am waiting H5 to see where the franchise is going if it's indeed only focus on E-sport arena or not. I bet that the game will be dying enough quickly next year if they focus on E-sport only. For now I feel like 343i is listening but only the pro players. Maybe for H6 they will do finally a balance :p

When you think we still did not see a single vehicle yet in H5 in-game, it’s weird for a Halo game but still I enjoyed a lot the beta (around 100 games) but not as much as the one of Reach (around 500 games in the beta) or H3 (around 300 games).

Madness

It is interesting Halo 3 is the most streamed Halo game on Twitch after H2A.

Not really. Halo 3 is the most popular Halo game and was the best selling. I know Halo 4 sold more copies faster, but I don't know if it overall beat the sales of Halo 3 since the sales and longevity of Halo 4 went down quick. The sheer number of players who played Halo 3, the generation shift, it's always going to hold a soft spot moving forward. It was the first Halo of the Xbox 360, was a media and sales success. It finished the original fight of Chief and ended the Bungie Chief trilogy etc.

Even the CE and Halo 2 fans who hated everything about 3 and trash it in hindsight, still played like 5000+ games of Halo 3. Those who bought ODST got the entire multiplayer on disc with all the maps, it went free on Xbox 360 in a games with gold, and is part of the MCC. Not surprised it's still so popular.

If 343 were developing any other game than Halo I would probably ignore the studio completely after the MCC fiasco.

I can understand the trial and error at launch which normally follows with quick fixes but their repeated fuck ups, breaking the game months after launch are staggering.

Was planning to complete all campaigns before Halo 5 came out, got a third way through Halo 2 before they messed up the network and couldn't connect to my friends for co-op.

Haven't touched it since.

Leyasu

Banned
Halo 4 has the best hit detection compared to all the halos.

343i at least got that right.

I'm sorry to say (well I'm not actually), but halo 4 sans promethean vision, jet packs and boltshots is pretty damn good. Easily my most played on the MCC.

What is surprising though, is the amount halo 4 gets picked in BTB.... It seems that lots of people didn't get the memo from halogaf that halo 4 is bad.

So if you played all the campaigns, back to back, which have no issues, it's still trash? Because there are multiplayer bugs?
First, up your reference game, son.

Second: I didn't buy MCC. I didn't buy it because all I (and many others, I might add) wanted was some god damn Halo multiplayer goodness, and that's been broken since launch.

Yes, the game is fucking trash because the main reason I wanted it has never worked properly. The game is trash because a rerelease of old ass games is somehow unable to even meet the quality of those original releases. The game is trash because even the shit I didn't really want to play (the campaigns) were broken for months after launch.

The fact that you can defend this indefensible bullshit says more about you than my disappointment in a broken product says about me.

Top Bottom