• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

47yo German allegedly in relationship w/ his 14yo niece, both on the run in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this straight.

Girl is of age, Uncle is 47 years old but not blood related
Legally her Uncle however
Relationship reportedly going on for 18 months (so she wouldn't have been of age)
She is not of age of consent (14) due to him being over 18
Dude is married and runs away with her
Carrying a weapon

So...

Morally wrong things he definitely did:
Cheating on his wife
Runs away with his brother-in-law's child (who must be married to his sibling)

Morally wrong things he might have done:
Started a sexual relationship with a minor
Kidnapping

Illegal things he did:
Run away with a minor (without permission)

Illegal things he is reported to have done:
Posession of a firearm
Kidnapping

--

Oh COME ON why is there an incest defense force on GAF? =(

EDIT: I didn't understand the German law at first so I had to edit

this is pretty fucked up
hope they catch this guy

Wait people are defending a gun-toting, man who left 3 children and a wife, incestual asshole?

The hell is wrong with you people. SMH at people defending him.

That first page.

Dark--50afb778c5c54_hires.jpg

Shaanyboi

Banned
Fucking creepy as shit... Hope they catch him.

Why the hell is a thread like this such a graveyard? How can there be so many apologists for this shit?

Let me get this straight.

Girl is of age, Uncle is 47 years old but not blood related
Legally her Uncle however
Relationship reportedly going on for 18 months (so she wouldn't have been of age)
She is not of age of consent (14) due to him being over 18
Dude is married and runs away with her
Carrying a weapon

So...

Morally wrong things he definitely did:
Cheating on his wife
Runs away with his brother-in-law's child (who must be married to his sibling)

Morally wrong things he might have done:
Kidnapping

Illegal things he did:
Run away with a minor (without permission)

Illegal things he is reported to have done:
Posession of a firearm
Kidnapping

--

Oh COME ON why is there an incest defense force on GAF? =(

EDIT: I didn't understand the German law at first so I had to edit

Nice summary~ I don't really get the defenders for this situation at all.

Milchjon

Who's really defending this beyond like two or three guys? Most of the bans seem to be for either dumb jokes or debating incest bans more generally?

I can only see two people defending this particular situation. It's pretty obviously wrong for a long list of reasons...

Oersted

For fucks sake guys, its first and foremost child abduction. A horrid thing to do, especially if you are significantly older and part of the family. And yes, illegal in pretty much every country on this planet.

Who's really defending this beyond like two or three guys? Most of the bans seem to be for either dumb jokes or debating incest bans more generally?

I can only see two people defending this particular situation. It's pretty obviously wrong for a long list of reasons...

"Even: 1 would be too many.

kiguel182

There's also the potential of the uncle forcing or in some what coercing the girl into a potentially sexual relationship.

Exacly. In Portugal the age of consent is also 14 but there could be criminal implications if the older subject used is "influence" in the relationship. It's not very black and white. And while that wouldn't be a concerned with younger people when the case involves her 47 year old uncle I'm pretty sure that could be the case.

ninjabat

This is wrong and I hope they catch the guy and keep him away from the child. Hopefully she can forget about him and have a normal childhood from that point onwards.

Also lol at the bans. Good thread

Coreda

Banned users, the fuel of otherwise open and shut moral threads. The mods are kept busy and posters given something else to discuss. It's a win-win.

Volimar

This thread makes me want to splash my brain with bleach. People defending a man having a relationship with a 14 year old girl is disgusting, but the fact that it's a much older family member and the relationship started when she was 12? Christ, imagine how long he had been grooming her before he made his move. Even after they're caught, that girl is going to need some serious counseling.

Man, I am really glad that the mods are keeping an eye on this thread.

There are Defense Forces on GAF, and then there are Defense Forces.. :/

can't an old man get his dick wet ? geez /s

Yeah people will defend anything, the worse is not knowing if they're being ironic/sarcastic or not.

Frodo

A 47 years old on the run with a 14 (FOURTEEN!!!) years old girl and some people on GAF can't see a problem? Seriously?

Even if SHE AGREED to go with him, this is extremely wrong. You know, if she was 24 and he as 57 I'd be completely okay with it. She is old enough to make her own choices, but not at 14 years old. It is like people don't understand power dynamics and how impressionable and easy to manipulate young people are. Not to mention that she was 13 when he started hitting on her. No. NO. NO. NO.

This defence force is out of control. It is more shocking than the news itself to me.

Kuga

Now I have seen a defense force for everything. Wow.

That man is a disgusting person. His actions, regardless of (il)legality, show abuse of authority and a lack of morality. I hope he is caught quickly and the child gets the help she needs for this trauma.

just catching up on this thread...

Talk about mistakes never to be forgotten, I hope they catch this guy and the girl is unharmed and has learned a vital lesson from this.

Wasn't there a defense force for ISIS here at one point? If that can get one it doesn't surprise me this can. Sometimes GAF you make it hard to love you as much as I do.

Xe4

Banned
Fuck, that's disgusting in so many different ways. Hope he gets caught, dude needs to be away from children/young teens for a while.

daveo42

Banned
Well this is all sorts of fucked based on a lot of things. I'm also worried that her agreeing to go with her Uncle is some sort of Stockholm Syndrome from past traumatic experiences with the same Uncle. I really do hope they find them, cause what this guy doing is disgusting and reprehensible.

I know this post is against the rules, but some of the bans in this thread are questionable.

If someone doesn't understand why something might be an issue isn't it better to allow a two-sided discussion to educate them, rather than banning them and rendering their opinion null - especially with a subject with such variation across the world as age of consent laws, seems very ethnocentric to be like "any opinion which deviates from this opinion is bannable" rather than having a proper discussion to educate those people.

I'd rather read two sided discussion than 95% "sick fuck" equivilent posts and 5% banned posts.

Griss

It's unsettling that I put the girl in the image in her early 20s by looking at her, only to then see that she's 14. If I'm ever in the situation where I'm about to elope with a immediate family member I'm definitely going to ask for ID first.

More seriously, all that matters is that the girl is found, gets home safely and receives therapy. She has obviously been groomed by a pedophile here, there can't be any other argument.

pulga

Banned
I know this post is against the rules, but some of the bans in this thread are questionable.

If someone doesn't understand why something might be an issue isn't it better to allow a two-sided discussion to educate them, rather than banning them and rendering their opinion null - especially with a subject with such variation across the world as age of consent laws, seems very ethnocentric to be like "any opinion which deviates from this opinion is bannable" rather than having a proper discussion to educate those people.

I'd rather read two sided discussion than 95% "sick fuck" equivilent posts and 5% banned posts.

A diversity of opinion? On my GAF? Mechanical Snowman por favor :lol

Totally agree with you, all the trigger happy mods have accomplished is releasing into the wild a bunch of ignorant, pedo-loving hicks. We could've rehabilitated them. We could've made them better. We could've made them faster, stronger.

Now watch us get banned for whining and straying off-topic.

PJV3

The uncle has overstepped the line and will need to be punished, he's not necessarily a monster, he could just be an idiot like the British teacher who threw everything away for a 14 year old.

People do dumb shit sometimes.

FiggyCal

Banned
I'm more surprised that 14 is the age of consent and people are caught on the fact that he started this relationship when she was 12 or 13. So like if they only began their relationship now it would've been okay?

Amalthea

Banned
How can any of this been seen as normal?

"Oh hello, I haven't seen your husband around lately. Is he sick or on vacation?"

"Well it turned out that he was in a secret relationship with my brothers 14 year old daugther and ran away with her. I don't know where he went."

"Yeah, things like that happen all the time."

:/

Oersted

I'm more surprised that 14 is the age of consent and people are caught on the fact that he started this relationship when she was 12 or 13. So like if they only began their relationship now it would've been okay?

The relationship legally? Yes. The child abduction he committed? No.

There is a difference between a relationship with a child and taking a child away from parents without consent.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Some odd reactions, if he had been a teacher it would have been the expected string him up responses. It's clear abuse.

Why the different reactions? Does the running away together somehow romanticise it for some?

Opiate

Why the hell is a thread like this such a graveyard? How can there be so many apologists for this shit?

I've found that many people our age (we're talking 20-35 here) have a very hard time putting down free will. More so than generations prior, in my experience.

That is, anyone who "chooses" something under any condition is doing that thing voluntarily. If a 12 year believe he wants to have sex with a 22 year old, and does so, then there is no crime because everyone chose this situation.

The idea that 12 year olds (or 14 year olds) cannot make choices just seems foreign to people. I don't mean they disagree based on neuroscience; I mean the idea just seems weird and odd, like a word they can't quite pronounce.

I can't believe I just walked into a thread where people were defending a middle age guy fucking a 12-13 year old and then ofsconding with her when she became legal. Their is so much wrong here it's barely quantifiable. Find them and ship the dude to prison.

Bold One

Pedo incest defence force here on gaf.... whhhhhhyyyy? He have been fucking a 14 year old for 18 months for godness sake.

This shouldn't surprise anyone, of all the nonsense that gets spewed and the bullshit that gets defended in these parts, this is merely Gaf's extremists taking their beliefs to its logical conclusion.

Devil

It was probably brought up in here already, but as a German I don't know the exact laws but I always assumed it's like this: If you are 18 or above you're not allowed to have sex with anyone under the age of 16.

So this is a really fucked up situation and as far as I'm concerned it's an illegal relationship, as it should be. Even if he would have only started doing it when she was as old as she is now - which he didn't.. Stop defending this goddamnit.

Fliesen

I've found that many people our age (we're talking 20-35 here) have a very hard time putting down free will. More so than generations prior, in my experience.

That is, anyone who "chooses" something under any condition is doing that thing voluntarily. If a 12 year believe he wants to have sex with a 22 year old, and does so, then there is no crime because everyone chose this situation.

The idea that 12 year olds (or 14 year olds) cannot make choices just seems foreign to people. I don't mean they disagree based on neuroscience; I mean the idea just seems weird and odd, like a word they can't quite pronounce.

She could have made that choice voluntarily. However, choice is based to a high degree on experience and information. a 12 year old girl doesn't have much "experience", and the information could have selectively been fed to her by the 48 year old uncle (i.e. him manipulating her)
young minds are much more susceptible for manipulation by adults, which is why these laws exist.

Whenever people say "a 12 year old can't give consent" it's not because a 12 year old can't form coherent thoughts or an opinion, it's because a 12 year old is far too susceptible to manipulation by other people.

J-Rod

It is disturbing how many people think it's just dandy to run off with your 14 year old niece, or for a 47 year old to run off with any 14 year old, really. It is weird we can have one topic where many think an 18 year old adult can't be expected to know spending $30,000 of someone else's money wrong, then another where you ought to expect a 14 year old to be mature enough to know they aren't being taken advantage of. Surely they have the life experience to reflect upon to know what they are getting into and are prepared to deal with raising their own child or any of the other many potential consequences involved.

I know there is push against perceived puritanical values in society, but getting a nut isn't such a sacred thing in life that everything in the pursuit of one should be considered justified. Defending this is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom