• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

47yo German allegedly in relationship w/ his 14yo niece, both on the run in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Incest illegal in europe?

It's pretty shady.
Pretty much forbidden in France but apparently you can marry your cousins for example.

One of our politician who is strongly against gay marriage (and strongly is putting it lightly, she's a total moron and a bitch) is married with her cousin, which is pretty funny everytime it's brought up during debates.

Wazzy

Banned
Why am I not surprised to see some people in the thread defending this.

Fucking disgusting and I hope they catch him soon.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
14 is not the age of consent per se in Germany, it is if both participants are in a similar age spectrum, e.g. 14 and 15 or 16 and 17. As soon as you're 18, sex with persons under 18 can be punishable by law, and so is incest to a degree (persecuted when Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and their children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren - as well as between full and half siblings).

That said, this is fucked up.

In germany only first degree. So direct lineage and siblings are illegal, everything else is fairplay.

Seriously?

The fuck....

What's the reasoning for not having a blanket ban? Because there's less chance of genetic issues if it's a niece and uncle compared to a brother and sister or mother and son?

Pluto

She is the daughter of his brother in law, so no blood relation, wouldn't call it incest. Morally still another thing.
Oh, that kind of uncle? It's not incest then, they can legally have sex at this point, as icky as it is.

So at this point the only known crime is the gun and them being on a road trip without her parents consent and she is guilty of running away too if he didn't force her. At 14 she is no longer considered a child under german law, she's an adolescent, as an adult he's still more guilty and has more responsibility but she is not an innocent victim.
Them having sex before she was 14 is an assumption at this point if I understand it right although it's probably true because I don't think he'd be in the run otherwise. As weird as it sounds, he could tell the parents "I'm fucking her, deal with it!" if it only started after she turned 14, he would have committed no crime.

If a sexual relationship started 18 months ago he's fucked, if it didn't he'll get away with a slap on the wrist most likely.

Hopw they find em soon. Sounds like some shady shit.

Incest discussion... repeated incest over a couple generations can fuck shit up, as far as I have read (which is next to none).

14 is not the age of consent per se in Germany, it is if both participants are in a similar age spectrum, e.g. 14 and 15 or 16 and 17. As soon as you're 18, sex with persons under 18 can be punishable by law.

I think there's an exception for when the older person is still younger than 21. That and if the parents would not be against the relationship (this might only apply for 16&17 years olds, can't remember). But I'm sure they don't support this... also yeah, if their relationship was physical before she turned 14, he's anyway in trouble.

btw just from these two photos, I would have guessed her to be older and him to be younger.

DarkFlow

Banned
so if it's no incenst and legal age, then what exactly is the legal issue that warrants this manhunt?

So what you're trying to tell me is you think it's cool for a 46 year old man to have sex with a 12 year old. Is that correct? Because this started 18 months ago. I just want to be clear here. Even in the country you're from that shit would be illegal.

Zornica

Banned

apparently no blood relation though...

I think this vigilant witch hunt is way more disgusting and dangerous than two people presumably just fucking.
There is a reason why we have laws (and law enforcement). So unless the german police or interpol decide to look for them on a larger scale, I don't see why anyone should care really.
Just look at this thread, most people would probably shoot the guy on sight without even knowing anything about the situation. Unjustifiable bloodlust thanks to an exaggerated sense for their own version of justice. What is this? the 1600s?

raindoc

Seriously?

The fuck....

What's the reasoning for not having a blanket ban? Because there's less chance of genetic issues if it's a niece and uncle compared to a brother and sister or mother and son?

They should get rid of it (the ban) alltogether.

“Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” the advisory committee said in a statement released Wednesday. “The fundamental right of adult siblings to sexual self-determination is to be weighed more heavily than the abstract idea of protection of the family

[...] it is believed that incest carries a higher risk of resulting in children with genetic abnormalities.
But the Ethics Council dismissed that argument, on the basis that other genetically affected couples are not banned from having children.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-fundamental-right-German-committee-says.html

It's pretty shady.
Pretty much forbidden in France but apparently you can marry your cousins for example.

Since Napoleon it's been perfectly legal (as long as it's consensual).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wait a second.

They've been having a "relationship" for 18 months, so i take it he hasn't kidnapped her, she wilfully ran away with him, is that correct?

doesn't make any of it less wrong on his side, as she's a minor and not his daughter, but that's the "entire" crime, right?

exactly my thoughts. Consent doesn't make any of this less illegal or wrong, just wondering if we're talking about an actual abduction here or just a really really sick case of lolita-incest-"love".

Maybe she did want to run away with him. But if they've been having a relationship for 18 months, since she was 12/13, i'd say that is more likely to be infatuation on her part or grooming on his - she may be going willingly but realistically isn't able to give that consent.

Loomba

apparently no blood relation though...

I think this vigilant witch hunt is way more disgusting and dangerous than two people presumably just fucking.
There is a reason why we have laws (and law enforcement). So unless the german police or interpol decide to look for them on a larger scale, I don't see why anyone should care really.
Just look at this thread, most people would probably shoot the guy on sight without even knowing anything about the situation. Unjustifiable bloodlust thanks to an exaggerated sense for their own version of justice. What is this? the 1600s?

Dude they have been in a relationship for 18 months so they started when she was 12/13. That aint okay

chadskin

Them having sex before she was 14 is an assumption at this point if I understand it right...

It is, he's wanted by the police and Interpol on the suspicion of child abuse.

I just re-read one article from a couple of days ago in which it was reported she actually told a friend of hers she was having a sexual relationship with an older man, not just a relationship. As I said earlier, she didn't tell her friend the name of the man to not get him in trouble but given the circumstances what they are, it's not too far-fetched to come to certain assumptions.

Milchjon

Seriously? That's messed up.

More complicated than that, lots of (age gap etc) restrictions apply.

I think it's somewhat sensible as it decriminalizes stuff like a relationship between a 17 and 18yo etc.

Not like teens aren't having sex elsewhere, and at a certain point and within certain parameters I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So what you're trying to tell me is you think it's cool for a 46 year old man to have sex with a 12 year old. Is that correct? Because this started 18 months ago. I just want to be clear here. Even in the country you're from that shit would be illegal.

Well to be fair we don't know yet whether he had sex with her or not. And apparently they're not blood related.

Still though. 47 to 14... wow.

Dude they have been in a relationship for 18 months so they started when she was 12/13. That aint okay
12-13 isn't okay just like 14 isn't okay. Fuck arbitrary limits, it's a fucking number.
edit : of course they fucked, you think a 47yo pedo is just gonna kiss and hug a 14 yo girl for shit and giggles ? Get real.
strange in the US her photo would not be released would it?
Well they are looking for her, so that helps.

DxGonzalo

Neo Member
14 is the age of consent in germany, the incest might be a bigger concern at the moment, I assume that's why they're talking about two fugitives and not a kidnapping or rape.
Oh I didn't know that. Seems kind of low, as I doubt a 14 year old girl has the maturity to handle a relationship with a man in his 40's. But even so, that age gap is disgusting to me. Not because of the amount of years, but because of the age itself.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Well to be fair we don't know yet whether he had sex with her or not. And apparently they're not blood related.

Still though. 47 to 14... wow.

I'm exactly in between those ages.... and the thought of dating someone 14 or 47 myself is just.... wow.

They should get rid of it (the ban) alltogether.

I don't know if I agree.

It's definitely a hard one, but I feel knowingly having a child that will suffer from severe genetic abnormalities that will greatly affect its ability to live somewhat fulfilling and normal life is something that does need to be banned.

It's a tough one for sure though.

Izuna

Banned
Let me get this straight.

Girl is of age, Uncle is 47 years old but not blood related
Legally her Uncle however
Relationship reportedly going on for 18 months (so she wouldn't have been of age)
She is not of age of consent (14) due to him being over 18
Dude is married and runs away with her
Carrying a weapon

So...

Morally wrong things he definitely did:
Cheating on his wife
Runs away with his brother-in-law's child (who must be married to his sibling)

Morally wrong things he might have done:
Started a sexual relationship with a minor
Kidnapping

Illegal things he did:
Run away with a minor (without permission)

Illegal things he is reported to have done:
Posession of a firearm
Kidnapping

--

Oh COME ON why is there an incest defense force on GAF? =(

EDIT: I didn't understand the German law at first so I had to edit

Milchjon

Oh I didn't know that. Seems kind of low, as I doubt a 14 year old girl has the maturity to handle a relationship with a man in his 40's. But even so, that age gap is disgusting to me. Not because of the amount of years, but because of the age itself.

Like I said, it's more complicated. This relationship would surely be disallowed as a) there's a significant age gap, b) an uncle would be a person that has a certain role in her life with certain responsibilities regarding care etc., and so it would be deemed exploitative, and c) there's no way in hell her parents would agree to it, which within that range still takes precedence.

The regulations are simply more flexible and case to case, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of child protection built in.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Relationship reportedly going on for 18 months (so she wouldn't have been of age)
No clue on whether or not they had sex before she was of age
Carrying a weapon

So...

Cheating on his wife

Started a relationship with a minor (12 y/o)

Illegal things he did:

Posession of a firearm
Started a relationship with a minor (12 y/o)

--

Exactly. This is absolutely disgusting, I hope he's caught as soon as possible.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Because incest is usually between consenting adults and thus a victimless crime as long as they have no children. Why should it be forbidden by law?
As much as it repulses people, a brother and sister adopting a child is better than them both being behind bars for no reason and the child still looking for a family

kiguel182

If this has been going for 18 months then she was below the age of consent when this started. It's a crime then.

The fact that he's her uncle just makes things more fucked up.

raindoc

I don't know if I agree.

It's definitely a hard one, but I feel knowingly having a child that will suffer from severe genetic abnormalities that will greatly affect its ability to live somewhat fulfilling and normal life is something that does need to be banned.

It's a tough one for sure though.

you can't say that. there's a higher probability, but it's not a given. furthermore, we're approaching eugenics here - keeping citizens from reproducing because of genetics is a slippery slope.

Because incest is usually between consenting adults and thus a victimless crime as long as they have no children. Why should it be forbidden by law?
Usually? I would have imagined that non-consensual incest via molestation or rape by a parent/relative was more common.

If this has been going for 18 months then she was below the age of consent when this started. It's a crime then.

The fact that he's her uncle just makes things more fucked up.

There's also the potential of the uncle forcing or in some what coercing the girl into a potentially sexual relationship.

UrbanRats

Where does this idiot thinks he's running to, exactly? I don't think there's a place in Europe that'd be okay with his "relationship".
Even places that have a low age of consent, still have several caveats (like it doesn't count if you're X years over 18 and such) not to mention the incest part.

Unless he means to go outside of the EU, like north Africa and such, and i'm not familiar with how things work there, but i still doubt they'd let him just "be".

Busty

Banned
I wonder if this guy looks at himself in the mirror in the morning and thinks "Yup, I'm a monster".

Urgh. Scumbag.

Jasup

So they've been on the run for over a week now? There are a lot of places they could've reached by now.

tkscz

She is not of age of consent (14) due to him being over 18
Carrying a weapon

So...

Cheating on his wife

Kidnapping

Illegal things he did:

Posession of a firearm
Kidnapping

--

Best summary of the situation I've seen. Even if it isn't blood related and she is CURRENTLY of legal age, at the start of the relationship she wasn't, and consent is still necessary for her age. Plus, it's his niece, maybe not by blood, but still his niece. AND he is married. I don't care if the kid doesn't consider it kidnapping, and actually wants to run away with him, there is so much other shit wrong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom