• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

47yo German allegedly in relationship w/ his 14yo niece, both on the run in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Most people hold significantly higher ethical standards than "well technically this is (just barely) legal in my country."
For people outside of a given culture, that might be true. For people inside a given culture, not necessarily.

That's a pretty big generalization you're making.

Actually i take back what i said. I kinda like the van. Looks very early 90's german and it reminds me of Inspector Rex. I really miss Inspector Rex.

Did Des0lar seriously get banned for defending incest? I know it's really taboo and usually weirds people out, but banning someone over it?
It weirds me out as well, but I don't think people should go to prison for it.

Anyway, the problem here isn't incest, it's the sick fuck having a relationship with a minor. Hopefully they catch him soon.

Oersted

Did Des0lar seriously get banned for defending incest? I know it's really taboo and usually weirds people out, but banning someone over it?
It weirds me out as well, but I don't think people should go to prison for it.

Anyway, the problem here isn't incest, it's the sick fuck having a relationship with a minor. Hopefully they catch him soon.

The problem is first and foremost the abduction, but somehow, most here miss that part.

The problem is first and foremost the abduction, but somehow, most here miss that part.

That as well of course, although the OP wasn't clear if he abducted her or if it was considered an abduction since she's a minor. I'd imagine even if she went willingly, it would still be considered abduction, right?

DangerLocker

Neo Member
DClfa7e.jpg

Dr.Acula

Banned
It was probably brought up in here already, but as a German I don't know the exact laws but I always assumed it's like this: If you are 18 or above you're not allowed to have sex with anyone under the age of 16.

So this is a really fucked up situation and as far as I'm concerned it's an illegal relationship, as it should be. Even if he would have only started doing it when she was as old as she is now - which he didn't.. Stop defending this goddamnit.

I think in Canada, most provinces are 16+, however, if you tried to start a relationship with a 16/17yo as an over 21 I wouldn't be surprised if you caught charges.

It's actually a bit more complicated than that here in Germany, there's an intricate framework of laws and exceptions taking into account the age of both persons involved and their relation to each other. However, the lowest so-called "Schutzalter" sits at 14 years, and it's a hard border. Sexing anything below that will get you in trouble with the law, no matter what. The next border is 16 years, then 18 years.

There are always nuances to consent before 18 that means an older person can technically have a relationship with someone <18, but there are so many restrictions. Someone linked to the wiki page on German consent and it said this:

nder § 149, sexual acts with persons of the opposite sex between the ages of 14 and 16 were punishable if the victim's "moral immaturity" was exploited by using "gifts, the promise of benefits or similar" methods of persuasion "to initiate intercourse or actions similar to intercourse".

So having a relationship with a 14/15 year old can be really problematic. Get a girl a scarf and you could end up being charged.

And there are still rules for those under 18:

it is illegal to engage in sexual activity with a person under 18 "by taking advantage of an exploitative situation"

Now is moving an 17 year old or younger across a border without the knowledge of their parents "exploitative?" I'm guessing yes.

We can talk "age of consent" until the cows come home, but adults really shouldn't mess with anyone under 18 because if someone doesn't like the relationship, or if the younger partner chooses to "get back at" the older partner, it will be trouble.

Mortemis

Banned
Haven't checked up on this thread since my first post, glad the first page is a graveyard. Makes me damn sick to see people defend this shit.

It's been a while, hopefully nothing too grim has happened and this guy gets caught.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oh damn, hope they find them soon. This situation is fucked up on so many level...

Note: The 14 Years old 1,76 m? She's taller than me!

Ushay

The fact he has 3 children makes me angry, what a selfish thing to do. Being a parent myself, I understand any good parent would do anything to protect their children. Fair enough if he was having issue with his partner, he could have dealt with it in other ways instead of 'running away' from his problems.

orochi91

Why didn't he just wait?

If non-linear familial relationships are legal in Germany, then he should have just waited for her to come of age.

Running away with her just sealed their fate; they can now never be together if caught.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn, hope they find them soon. This situation is fucked up on so many level...

Note: The 14 Years old 1,76 m? She's taller than me!

Yeah it's like almost like hitting the "things that you can wrong" jackpot with the numbet of things in a row that this guy committed. Hope they get found soon.

Why didn't he just wait?

If non-linear familial relationships are legal in Germany, then he should have just waited for her to come of age.

Running away with her just sealed their fate; they can now never be together if caught.

Lust not love, perversion, and probably obsession, not rationality. Plenty of these kinds of guys profess love to their victims but their main intent is pretty clear by their actions.

Jasup

Why didn't he just wait?

They can now never be together if caught? That's the point!

We're talking about sexual abuse of children here. We don't have all the details but it's very likely that the guy has raped the child, probably on multiple occassions during the last 18 months. Such abuse usually comes with a serious adverse effect on the child's emotional development. Which explains why the girl escaped with her uncle willingly, an act made possible by 18 months of sexual coercion on a child.

This is not a case of star-crossed lovers fighting for their love. This is a case of a child molester fucking up his niece and abducting her.

Why didn't he just wait?

The 'relationship' probably wasn't healthy to begin with. It's built on a foundation of child abuse.

He took advantage of her young age. This started when the girl was either mid/late 12yo or very early 13yo. I'd wager there's some level of manipulation or coercion involved, especially if it's a sexual relationship, which I assume it is with him going on the run and either taking her against her will or her going along willingly.

There was no path to them being together if they'd waited a little longer.

Unless this some sort of kidnapping, I'm failing to see the problem.

Facebook is also an awesome source for "news"...

I don't really see the problem either. People sure are quick to judge.

legal age in that country, looks far older, at least on those pictures
incest might be a problem though, but I always thought that was quite common in some german places

so if it's no incenst and legal age, then what exactly is the legal issue that warrants this manhunt?

Age gap and incest shaming? Smh neogaf.

Oh moral gaf, never change

They should get rid of it (the ban) alltogether.

Since Napoleon it's been perfectly legal (as long as it's consensual).

Because incest is usually between consenting adults and thus a victimless crime as long as they have no children. Why should it be forbidden by law?
As much as it repulses people, a brother and sister adopting a child is better than them both being behind bars for no reason and the child still looking for a family

you can't say that. there's a higher probability, but it's not a given. furthermore, we're approaching eugenics here - keeping citizens from reproducing because of genetics is a slippery slope.

When I have kids, I hope you motherfuckers are on another planet. Or dead. Either one. Take your pick.

Nukemttg

I feel like anyone defending this has never known or had a sibling that was underage while they are an ADULT (21+). Even at 21 I refused to court anyone under the age of 18.

Oersted

That as well of course, although the OP wasn't clear if he abducted her or if it was considered an abduction since she's a minor. I'd imagine even if she went willingly, it would still be considered abduction, right?

When 14, you can't even go on a schooltrip without the parents signing up for it. "Going" with your 47 year old uncle to a unknown place for a unknown time... well, you can imagine. Hope they find them fast.

Pfff that must be a nightmare for the parents and for the wife and kids of the husband.
What a fucking insult. Dude leaves wife and kids for an ignorant little girl who he thinks he can manipulate the way he wants.
The poor girl has no clue what a dirtbag this man is.
What a sorry excuse for a human being. I hope he gets lots of jailtime.

Edit: them bans... Wow.

Wow.

I don't even know what to say about that first page. There's like no fucking moral ambiguity about this at all.

Guy is a fucking predatory monster.

wildfire

Banned
Oh COME ON why is there an incest defense force on GAF? =(

EDIT: I didn't understand the German law at first so I had to edit

I ignored this thread yesterday but I was curious why it grew so large by now. Figures there were some people with questionable morals.

Soule

I know it's a horrible story but tbh I found the first page more interesting and shocking than the actual story hahaha damnnnn hope she ends up ok, can't be good for her.

These threads wouldn't have any interesting discussion at all if there weren't people taking "devil's advocate" positions. Otherwise its just people trying to one up each other over how horrified they are and posting the same tired old gifs.

Floridian

These threads wouldn't have any interesting discussion at all if there weren't people taking "devil's advocate" positions. Otherwise its just people trying to one up each other over how horrified they are and posting the same tired old gifs.

There isn't really a contest for this sort of thing if it's justified to be horrified by this kind of story. And there were only 3 non repeating gifs in this entire thread.

He made the choice to act on them.

I'm a hard determinist/materialist, so I'm not the one to ask here. While not everyone agrees with that position, I think most at least agree that "choice" has limits and clearly breaks down at the extremes. Most people agree that fetuses aren't meaningfully "choosing" their fingerprints, nor are people "choosing" to debase themselves if held up at gunpoint.

But yes, if you're asking how far I personally think the rabbit hole goes, I think it goes all the way down. I believe we are all very complicated automatons with some very sophisticated programming, but we are programmed automatons nonetheless. But that reality (or unreality, if I'm wrong) isn't practically applicable on an everyday basis. At least for now, we have to run our society as if free will exists even if it doesn't.

Free will exist. It's a deliberate choice to have sex with a 14 years old.
There's millions of single women his age he could find. He made that choice on purpose.
It's feelings, lust, perversion... not genetics. Humans can acts on that.

"a man refrain himself" Albert Camus.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'm almost more horrified at how many joined the pedophile kidnapper incest defense force so early on in the thread. The case itself isn't as shocking as you know these kind of awful things happen from time to time. Really disturbing.

Hope they catch the guy soon and the girl gets help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom