• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 minute Kojima-edited MGS V trailer premiering Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
For one last time, I'm expecting an epic trailer to further ignite the TPP hype train.

iB4rz7Q.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I'll take it but please have direct feed/high bitrate trailer available for download as well. Pleaaase. Gamersyde that shit.

Alienous

I hope he doesn't show us the ending or something silly.

I can't piece the game together and this trailer could change everything. And there's no way I'm not watching.

Gun Animal

edit: I made a video last year re-arranging all the footage from all the MGSV trailers into what I believe to be chronological order, and I'll be doing that again on Monday. Huge potential spoiler warning, obviously.

Why does he specifically have to mention that it's Kojima?

Kojima's involvement was already a seal of quality for all things Konami for a few years now. Now that he's leaving the company, that's even more true.

Aikidoka

I'm kind of glad it's going to be his last MGS like he's been threatening with every MGS game. I want to see what else he can do.

Jb

yeah i don't think i want 6 minutes of cutscenes, i want some gameplay clips or just the game being released already :D

We've had like 3 20min gameplay demos since last year... I'm pretty sure this is going to be very story heavy. After all we really don't know what's going on in this game besides "BB is going after Cipher". This will probably be the equivalent of the TGS 2004 trailer for Snake Eater.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're letting Kojima edit this one. Then again they may not have people qualified to do it "in the style of Kojima" at Konami anymore.

SJRB

Gold Member
One for the history books; Kojima's last MGS E3 trailer.

Can't wait. I'm not too worried about spoilers, the last two E3 trailers were equally lengthy and didn't spoil anything, really. Everything is so fragmented it's impossible to make a coherent narrative of it all. Really well done, as opposed to the MGS3 and 4 trailers, which flat-out spoiled both games.

KingConan

Any 6 minute songs you know that Hideo Kojima might choose for this video?

He just tweeted that he has bought the latest Muse album. There's a 10m song called 'The Globalist'. Some excerpts:

But you can rise up like a God
Arm yourself, you can be strong
You can build a nuclear power,
Transform the earth to your desire

Free your mind from false beliefs
You can be the commander in chief
You can hide your true motives
To dismantle and destroy

Sounds quite fitting, doesnt it?

Ran rp

We've had like 3 20min gameplay demos since last year... I'm pretty sure this is going to be very story heavy. After all we really don't know what's going on in this game besides "BB is going after Cipher". This will probably be the equivalent of the TGS 2004 trailer for Snake Eater.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they're letting Kojima edit this one. Then again they may not have people qualified to do it "in the style of Kojima" at Konami anymore.

fuk

I can't say I get excited over this series anymore. Maybe this one will bring me back in. All I know is that if the script is as bad as 4 in certain parts I'm not going to be enthused about it.

Honestly, glad as hell Kojima was forced out to make something else. But they should have done it more honorably. I was quite sure he was going to waste his entire career on one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom