• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 day PS NOW trial up on the NA store. CC is required

Ricker

I am confused also...so now this is no longer available...?

Previously, Sony was offering rental access to the games in PlayStation Now on a per-title basis, with prices ranging between $3 and $20, with set time increments that range from a few hours to multiple months.

For example,for 3 months I could rent/stream Agarest War 2 for 10 bucks...now it will cost me 60(or 45) ?

5taquitos

a credit card should not be required. They can just automatically cancel the service if you don't sign up for a subscription.

This nonsense needs to stop from companies getting a hold of your credit card information so they can charged your card when they want and put all the work of cancelling on the customer. This makes scammers job easy since valid retailers adopted this method.

This is how literally every paid subscription with a trial works.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...nnow/cid=IP9100-CUSA01697_00-SFPROD0000000000

The fact that a CC is required makes me think they'll charge the card when the trial is over. Just a heads up.

This is common.

Almost like OP has no experience with trials or something.

.... And

They will charge when its over it says this before you subscribe. But if you cancel before its over then you won't be charged.

Why in the world is this so hard to figure out GAF?

cafemomo

Yes you do. Just got one from R&C Into the Nexus. You have to sync them form the PS3 XMB. I did that and it showed up on my PS4 trophy list.

I'm playing blazblue right now and nothing is happening.
not even showing up in my trophy feed even when i sync it

Derpyduck

Banned
OK so I subscribed.

It entailed:

- adding CC info
- agreeing to being billed in 7 days
- connection test

After that I immediately canceled the automatic re-subscription and took my CC off their system (Sorry Sony, never again). After the 7 days it says it will pull funds from your wallet and not off your CC if you have money in the wallet.

I passed the connection test and then loaded up Lumines Supernova. Terrible. Graphically a mess(blurry), the sound is horrible (pops and cracking all the time), but worst of all is the input lag. Not sure how I passed their connection test (Wifi not hard wired). I'd have been incredibly pissed off if I had paid for this.

RK128

Does anyone know how to redeem the free trial? I only have a PS3 and a Vita, so I can't use the PS4 app to get the trial :(. If anyone knows how to do it through the web store or on the Vita, that would be great :D.

Megasoum

Banned
Goddamit... I somehow managed to not realize until today that this will require a CC....

For some reason I've never been able to use my CC on PSN. I've been trying since day 1 in 2006 and it just won't take it. I've tried every single ways to write my address but nothing will go through.

Well this is a bummer.

Playing Resident Evil 5 on my vita and it's flawless. Makes me sad there's no native port of the past numbered games. Also I forgot how impressive 5 looked at the time.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Where do you go to cancel this thing? The PS4 settings menu is always a mess to navigate. Or do you have to do it from the website?

jmaine_ph

OK so I subscribed.

It entailed:

- adding CC info
- agreeing to being billed in 7 days
- connection test

After that I immediately canceled the automatic re-subscription and took my CC off their system (Sorry Sony, never again). After the 7 days it says it will pull funds from your wallet and not off your CC if you have money in the wallet.

I passed the connection test and then loaded up Lumines Supernova. Terrible. Graphically a mess(blurry), the sound is horrible (pops and cracking all the time), but worst of all is the input lag. Not sure how I passed their connection test (Wifi not hard wired). I'd have been incredibly pissed off if I had paid for this.
Try hard wired. I'm getting great feedback that way. I doubt dare try this on wifi. Not yet at least.

BkMogul

for those interested, you don't earn trophies with this trial

Was just about to ask this. Thanks. Wonder why they're keeping them disabled. Can you use the saves you get from the PS now games and resume them via a physical disc copy? Probably too early to tell but I know some GAFer can answer that soon.

cafemomo

Ugh, why place such a restriction? At least we can see how games run. I'll be holding off until I found out how easy it is to cancel to avoid a charge, though.

it seems to be conflicting

On my PS4 it doesn't want to sync, but on the PS3 and Vita it's fine

Derpyduck

Banned
Try hard wired. I'm getting great feedback that way. I doubt dare try this on wifi. Not yet at least.

Hardwired isn't an option for me. I just wish the connection test would have let me know that it was going to run as poorly as it is. But for what it's worth, my PS4 connection test says I'm doing 15 down and 1 up. So in theory it should be fine, but what I'm seeing in Lumines is just awful.

jmaine_ph

Hardwired isn't an option for me. I just wish the connection test would have let me know that it was going to run as poorly as it is. But for what it's worth, my PS4 connection test says I'm doing 15 down and 1 up. So in theory it should be fine, but what I'm seeing in Lumines is just awful.
Oh I see. Yea I'm getting 20 down and 3 up and had a real good experience. Do you have any other devices connected to wifi that you can disconnect to help?

Derpyduck

Banned
Oh I see. Yea I'm getting 20 down and 3 up and had a real good experience. Do you have any other devices connected to wifi that you can disconnect to help?

Lots, but none were active. I'll try some of the other games later to see if it is isolated to Lumines, but frankly that was the only title from the list that interested me.

Valnen

Make it an option. You never want to wifi on a console. Or ever really, if it can be avoided by any means necessary.

Endo Punk

Don't have a problem with using CC details to access trials I jusy don't like when companies don't give you option to delete credit card details afterwards, netflix for example. This isn't a problem on psn so people should add CC without worry, access trial then immediately delete CC details.

BTW no news when psnow releasing in Europe?

Derpyduck

Banned
Make it an option. You never want to wifi on a console. Or ever really, if it can be avoided by any means necessary.

I have zero lag issues in my online games, so I'm quite content with wifi. I also get Super HD streaming just fine as well. Hardwired just isn't an option, especially if it's just going to be for NOW. Not worth the effort. If I was having issues with my multiplayer games, though, I would.

I'm mind fucked right now. Played a online match of sf4 online on my vita and it was flawless. Any input error there was would only be my fault. Really impressive and makes me sad there is no native version of sf4 coming to vita.

K' Dash

wait 'til you get to the trials of archimedes...game breaker...and the trophy just wow. i'm already offended for you.

I don't care about trophies, I'm impressed by the service, the game looks really good with very little input lag, I'm still getting used to Ascension's changes in gameplay and the fact that the enemies don't finch or stun AT ALL, we'll see if those trials break me :/

RK128

I never got an answer, so I will ask again; can you redeem the free trial for PS Now without owning PS4? I only have a PS3, PC and Vita, so I have no way to access a PS4 to activate the trial.

If anyone can help, that would be really cool of you guys :).

Valnen

Wait wait wait, we can't play ALL PSNow games with this subcription? Because I'm not finding MGS HD collection or Twisted Metal anywhere?

Toki767

I never got an answer, so I will ask again; can you redeem the free trial for PS Now without owning PS4? I only have a PS3, PC and Vita, so I have no way to access a PS4 to activate the trial.

If anyone can help, that would be really cool of you guys :).

Why would you want to redeem the trial when you can't use it? Wait till you have a PS4, or until they offer a trial on the PS3 or Vita.

Top Bottom