• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 day PS NOW trial up on the NA store. CC is required

blamite

That's what I'm saying. It's really unnoticeable. I even played Spelunky on the PS4 natively back to back with the PS Now version and I couldn't be damned to find a difference outside of framerate.

Dang, my internet must be pretty bad 'cause back when I tried Dirt 3 on this a few months ago the input lag was way too extreme, even though the video looked fine.

EhoaVash

nice played ninja gaiden 2 sigma, last of us, sonic generations, god of war collection + ascension, shadow of colossus and more ..no lag here ..only thing is jaggies are more apparent since this is streaming.

anddo0

Playing Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, while watching a Twitch live stream (source video) and not even a hint of lag. I have 7 other devices (PS4 makes 8) on my network right now. I'm really impressed. I was in one of the earlier beta tests, and had to turn off some of my devices in order to get optimal performance. It's come a long way.

What are the titles? Thanks.

Some great stuff on there. Last of us, street fighter, a couple god of war's, some Ratchet, batman, round out a few of the notables.

....and some funky ass lookin pirate strategy game that I would never dare spend a penny to try. But now I can.

Dante316

My network says 24 mb dl and 5 mb upload and god of war is soi pixlated and freezes. I have no idea why and then it crashes. Trying ninja gaiden now.

Vinc

Very impressed with this service. The image quality is insanely good for what it is, and the latency is slightly noticeable, but miles better than I expected/experienced with other services.

RK128

I have a question; did anyone here redeem the PS Now trial without using the PS4? I'm sorry that I'm asking this for the third time (I really don't mean to sound redundant :(), but it is really stupid that a service that works on all of Sony's platforms connected to PSN (PS3, PS Vita, PS4) requires the newest system (PS4) to use the trial on all three platforms X(.

Not everyone owns a PS4 (I don't yet :l), so even if they wanted to check out this service on their PS3's or Vita's, they can't if they don't own a PS4 yet :(.

I would love to give this a shot on my Vita but cannot due to not having PS4 to activate the trial through (even though they could have made this work via PSN; you can buy months of PS+ and subscriptions to Music and Video Unlimited through the PS Store.....why not this as well?), I can't give it a shot :l.

Any help would be great :).

This service is working very great to me. Playing God of War HD and it is very smooth and silky with no input lag. Will probably try other games later. For now, I've been very impressed with PS Now.

bigkurz

Banned
This service is working very great to me. Playing God of War HD and it is very smooth and silky with no input lag. Will probably try other games later. For now, I've been very impressed with PS Now.

God of war HD runs better on the vita via ps now than it did on that horrible GOW collection that came to vita.

drotahorror

Tried out DoA 5, plays real nice. Maybe just a hair of input lag but it's not bad at all. My connection is probably average at best so playing it at 60fps with no issues was cool.

Gamespawn

Did they just add acit bc I don't remember seeing that before. And why do they have all the blaz blue games on here. Wasted spots.

Just played Resident Evil 5 a little bit and found some frame rate issues here and there. Is it because of my Internet connection or the game itself?

RK128

After I purchase the trial, do I have to redeem it on a PS4 or can I do it on Vita? Because when I go into PSNOW for Vita, everything is a la carte instead of subscription based.

The trial is for PS4 owners only....it just also works as a 'bonus' for PS3, Vita and PS TV owners if those systems connected to the PS4 with the PS Now Trial have the same PSN account (effectively activating the trial across those systems PS Now Apps).

As of right now? The PS3 PS Now app is completely broken (my Beta PS Now App doesn't load right at all now), the Vita PS Now app still is the 'beta' version with no subscription option, and the PS TV version likely is dealing with the same problem the Vita app is dealing with.

I have no idea why Sony didn't make the trial a purchasable thing on PSN but....this is Soony we are talking about here :l.

....If you have a friend or family member with a PS4, see if you can talk to them about this and ask about using your PSN account on their PS4 to 'activate' your PS Now trial on that, with that activating it for your PS3, Vita and PS TV. Then deactivate your credit card from your account in the PS4 app and remove your account completely from your friend/family members PS4.

I know that sounds completely stupid....but I see no other work-around for this unless Sony puts out an update for the Vita, PS TV and PS3 PlayStation Now apps to support the subscription system :(.

I'm sorry if I cannot help with this man; I wish I could try this on my Vita too (do not own a PS4 yet). At the very least.....you can see what interests you from the new PSN sales :); lots of great games on sale for the PS3 and Vita (check out the PS Blog post on the sale and the thread of the sale on Gaf to find out more about it). If you never checked out Persona 4 Golden, give it a shot :D.

played some street fighter IV and trophies do unlock which is awesome. Played lag free online vs other players but was kind of difficult finding matches....

Harp

I played it on the PS4 on 55 inch Samsung 8550 UHDtv, And it looks pretty good you can see a little blur to it due to the 720p resolution as well as video compression. But overall it looks really good.

Where PSnow really shines is on the vita. Taking the 720p video and compressing it down to 5 inches And a lower resolution looks great. For example uncharted at 55 inches looks serviceable but Jaggie. on The Vita screen it look crisp and clean.

11redder

Just played some Street Fighter IV, Killzone 3 and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Overall, I was impressed at how low the lag was - I was prepared for a barely playable mess. Does anyone know if 3D is doable on PS Now? I tried to activate it on KZ3, Ico and SOTC but was unable to do so - I've played Trine 2 in 3D on the PS4 previously so I know it's set up correctly.

Remf

Haha trust Sony with a credit card yeah no.

I've had and still have my cc info on my PSN account since the ps3 came out and I've never had my account info stolen so stop being so paranoid. If God forbid there is a remote chance hackers single you out and steal your info then call your bank and have the charges reversed then call your congressman to complain. :)

The banding and some blockiness is really getting to me. I'm not sure if it's my connection but man...

I was going to go all in on PSnow too....

Caffer

Neo Member
I'm from Eu and , with an US account, i just subscribed for the trial. It didn't ask me for a CC and i'm sure i don't have it already attached.
But as expected i can't play, i just started R&C Nexus and after a few seconds it tells me that i don't have a good connection... :(
BTW it's really easy to cancel the auto renewal, just go into settings ->psn ->active services ->ps now..

Does it have auto renew after the 7 days? I really don't want 19.99 from an auto renew on my Credit Card. I would shit a squirrel. How would i turn off auto renew?

Tried it out last night playing God Of War Ascension (I lost hard for sleeping on this game, I thought God of War 2 had the best opening level I ever played, but I think Ascension's surpassed it), but I had a great experience with it.

I'm in a hotel that surprisingly has great internet speeds (measured 40down/7 up on speedof.me via the playstation browser) and there was no noticeable lag I could discern.

The screen slowed a couple of times (I started downloading some files, had to stop), but the image quality was impressive as well as the sound. I went in expecting some input lag, but again had nothing noticeable. My first time using Shareplay was noticeably shabby at times and the input lag was very noticeable. This was definitely a good experience.

I just hope that Sony includes a PS Plus package with PS Now. Even if it's something like 89 a year for 100 hours a month or something.

I'm playing around with PS Now and it is actually pretty awesome. I tried out Ico (I've been curious about that game for over a decade now), and now have switched to Sonic Generations. Though when I switched, I received a message that said something along the lines of "switching to another game may send you to the end of the line." Does anyone know what the line being referenced is?

Dante316

I'm playing around with PS Now and it is actually pretty awesome. I tried out Ico (I've been curious about that game for over a decade now), and now have switched to Sonic Generations. Though when I switched, I received a message that said something along the lines of "switching to another game may send you to the end of the line." Does anyone know what the line being referenced is?

Appreantly there is que for wanting to play games. Most popular games or games with less bandwidth will take longer to start up is my guess.

dolabla

I tried it out last night and I have to say that I'm super impressed.

The streaming quality was really good. I did have some lag/slow downs and audio distortion on some game games, but it was only for just a few seconds and then it would quit (fwiw I was on wireless). Most games I played seemed to run really well. I couldn't even tell I was streaming when it was working well (which was overall like 95% of the time).

I also played some games on the Vita and WOW!, I wished Vita games looked like this. Playing Uncharted: Drakes Fortune on the Vita is a godsend.

All in all, as impressed as I was, I don't think I'm gonna subscribe just yet. I'll wait until there's a much bigger library (with hopefully PS2 and PS1 games) and then I'll subscribe.

Surge

I asked this in one of the other threads but didn't get a response so l will try here.

I want to try this out for just 1 month but I don't want to give them my CC info(I know I can just delete it afterwards) but is it possible just to buy a $20 PSN card and use that as payment?

vypek

Because if you do a charge back from a fraudulent purchase with SEN they'll ban your account.

Some other places do this as well. But what that poster was saying is you shouldn't stop with just Sony. Don't save your card details anywhere

Is this trial available for the forseeable future or does it only exist for the next 7 days?

In other words, can I wait on starting my trial until next month or something.

dolabla

People should start posting their internet speeds and how stable their connection is.

My download speed on a wireless signal fluctuates anywhere from 15 to sometimes close to 30mbps. Upload fluctuates anywhere from like 2mbps - 10/11mbps. I think it just depends on the time of the day.

FWIW, I'm literally right across from the computer room where the router is, so my signal is usually a constant 100%. I don't think I've ever seen it drop (on the PS4) since I've been in my new house.

KalBalboa

Banned
Tried it out tonight on my Vita. Played Sonic Generations, Motorstorm Apocalypse, and Crazy Taxi.

Performance was better than expected and the ability to cloud save/use old PS3 saves was a cool bonus. Every game felt "right" and looked sharp.

My only real beef was lack of complete controller customization. Remote play and the PSone emulation on Vita allow me to typically map R1 to R2, etc. I had to use rear touch for gas in Motorstorm, which was a little odd.

Gamespawn

So, cross save works if you played the games on vita which is awesome. Loaded up sly cooper 4 and accessed my old cloud save. All of my vita trophies unlocked automatically.

Top Bottom