• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 day PS NOW trial up on the NA store. CC is required

TacosNSalsa

Played a couple ranked matches an ran throurg the arcade mode in SSFIV while it ran smooth (no skipping ect.) there was a definite input lag. It felt like I was playing against someone across the country even in training mode. RIP one frame links :-(

Tried out God of War Ascension and Shadow of the Colossus and I'm really impressed. I had no slowdowns and the game was very smooth. Felt like I was playing it on a disc. I also like how PS Now games show up on the home screen. I was expecting to have to boot up the PS Now app ever time I wanted to play the game, but the way they have it now is very slick.

My only disappointment was the lack of cloud saves. I already have a Shadow of the Colossus save in the cloud, but there's no way to use that. That would be an amazing feature that would be especially useful if they ever add Demon's/Dark Souls.

androvsky

Tried out God of War Ascension and Shadow of the Colossus and I'm really impressed. I had no slowdowns and the game was very smooth. Felt like I was playing it on a disc. I also like how PS Now games show up on the home screen. I was expecting to have to boot up the PS Now app ever time I wanted to play the game, but the way they have it now is very slick.

My only disappointment was the lack of cloud saves. I already have a Shadow of the Colossus save in the cloud, but there's no way to use that. That would be an amazing feature that would be especially useful if they ever add Demon's/Dark Souls.
I was able to use PS+ cloud saves in the beta. You have to go into the PS Now server's XMB and download the save from the cloud to the server.

unsightly

Pretty great service, if you're not in the middle of nowhere with crappy internet. $20 a month is reasonable for the amount of games offered. Trophy support was unexpected.

The games launching instantly is really cool, but if you have a poor connection it won't be very fun. I was able to play, but it's like watching YouTube in 260p or something. On the plus side, I was finally able to play Tokyo Jungle, which I must say is probably the dumbest game that I've ever really, really enjoyed. It's basically Metal Gear: Animals, and I love it dearly.

I'm going to just play Tokyo Jungle through to completion and cancel the trial. If I end up moving somewhere with better internet, I'll probably re-sub. The 3-month option is reasonably priced, and I imagine they'll do a bundle somewhere down the line with PS+/PSNOW.

Overall, impressive. People with good internet, is the streaming consistently 1080p quality, or are you catching crappy pixellated moments as well?

Ramsiege

I played some Motorstorm and it was a little to laggy for my liking. Also the video quality looked like I was watching a youtube video. I don't think this service is for me.

Some of the games i have played email me with "thanks for your purchase" and says its a 90 day rental, so maybe some of the games will stick after the trial is done?

Auron

Been playing through Ps Now over the weekend. I have experienced zero lag, though there have been a few points were some minor pixelization occurred. Very impressed overall.

People should start posting their internet speeds and how stable their connection is.
I've got a download speed of 153 mbps. PS Now is working like a dream here.

I just played The King of Fighters XIII with no visible lag from what I could see. I hate fighters though, so my experience with detecting lag is limited at best.

bigace33

Ok, this service might be the game changer I needed to justify my PSTV purchase. Played Ratchet and Clank into the nexus with no hiccups, no waiting to download anything, just purchased and jumped right in. I don't have a PS3 anymore so this might work out great for some of the exclusives I missed. Now I just need them to put Beyond Two Souls on there and I'm a happy camper.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Game selection is really bad, but tried out Tokyo Jungle and it worked well. No noticeable input lag and the image quality was great. No disconnects or anything like that.

I'd only really use this as a rental service, though. I want physical copies of all the games that I really want to play and complete.

Started the free trial two days ago and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. Was expecting an experience like how remote play works for me now (slight slow downs, pixelated image here and there) but PSNow works like if I'm playing the game off a disk. I've been playing alpha protocol and the experience so far has been flawless. Much much improved from when the PSNow beta was free to users.

And the best thing of all, it works great on vita. Really great. Image seems to be rendered in native resolution. My only complaint with vita is the controls. But once this service hits tablets (specifically the Sony Z3) I'll be able to use the DS4 and I can see myself using this quite a bit if the selection of games improve.

Excited for the future!

I think I might know why I can still play games. When you get the receipt of "purchase" it tells you how long you have it from 30 to 90 days. Though that doesn't explain way I can still keep adding game to my list for free.

This was a nice 7 day trial. If I didn't have my PS3 currently then this would be a must have especially seeing how they handle titles (getting rid of titles, adding new titles.)

Is there a set time frame for the 7-day trial's availability? I want to try it but want to wait until I have a slow week to put some time into it. It would be nice to finish a whole game I've never played before.

Korezo

What happened to the MGS collection? I would of loved to play some MGS3, and which is the good R&C game gaff says is so amazing so I can try it.

Andrefpvs

I think I might know why I can still play games. When you get the receipt of "purchase" it tells you how long you have it from 30 to 90 days. Though that doesn't explain way I can still keep adding game to my list for free.

Congrats on your free lifetime PS Now subscription!

SykoTech

What happened to the MGS collection? I would of loved to play some MGS3, and which is the good R&C game gaff says is so amazing so I can try it.

That would be A Crack in Time (PS3).

Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal (both PS2) are also excellent.

Top Bottom