• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 day PS NOW trial up on the NA store. CC is required

Goddamit... I somehow managed to not realize until today that this will require a CC....

For some reason I've never been able to use my CC on PSN. I've been trying since day 1 in 2006 and it just won't take it. I've tried every single ways to write my address but nothing will go through.

Well this is a bummer.

You may just have to call your bank/CC provider and authorize it, i had to do that with TD in Canada.

Megasoum

Banned
You may just have to call your bank/CC provider and authorize it, i had to do that with TD in Canada.

I remember trying back then to contact both Sony and my bank's support (I'm with National Bank) and they both sent me to the other one for help...

I might retry again though.

I wonder how long they will offer this trial for. I want to try it, but just have too many games I'm playing right now. Do you think, if I waited until summer, that the 7 day trial would still be available?

Ricker

Okay so I checked and the old fashion way still works,without a subscription if you want...one game at a time though,which will occasionnaly be enough for me.

5taquitos

I wonder how long they will offer this trial for. I want to try it, but just have too many games I'm playing right now. Do you think, if I waited until summer, that the 7 day trial would still be available?

Don't hold me to this, but I bet this will most likely be a permanent trial offer like other subscription services have.

RK128

Why would you want to redeem the trial when you can't use it? Wait till you have a PS4, or until they offer a trial on the PS3 or Vita.

The trial works for PS3 and Vita too; you just have to redeem it through the PS4 (.....for some stupid reason X().

Grady

Wtf, all games are not available to play. Only 100 out of the 250. Not worth it imo, unless they seriously up the quality of games available

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So am I unable to take advantage of this trial if I only have a Vita? There's no way to activate via PC?
Yep. You have to activate the trial on a PS4.

I'll continue to ignore PS Now until I can actually see if it works before spending money.

I'm trying to boot the trial now and found they put a minigame in called "testing connection". Its not very fun as I've stared at it for 5 minutes waiting for something to happen.

EhoaVash

Is psn down or something???

I downloaded PS now but I can't click on the game app it tells me " cannot use the content , cannot connect to the server to verify license " .. Help?

Kemal86

Tried Saints Row 2, Red Faction Guerrilla, and God of War Ascension.

All 3 worked really great. I think there is some very slight input lag on the sticks but the buttons are basically instantly responsive. Not sure why there would be a difference but I noticed it in all 3 games. Very slight though.

Astral

Where do you go to cancel this thing? The PS4 settings menu is always a mess to navigate. Or do you have to do it from the website?

I'd like to know this as well. I'd love to try out Dead or Alive 5 and play Code Veronica before REmake comes out.

Lol what was the thought process

"Let's offer a free trial of a video game rental service that relies 100% on the internet!"

"Let's schedule maintenance on the same day, rendering the trial useless!"

Ah well, still got 6 days.

drotahorror

Everytime I open the PS Now app it just says "Please wait..." With a little swirly spinning.

It's done this since this afternoon.

HUELEN10

PSA: once you sign up for the trial, you can cancel renewal and be charged nothing, but you CANNOT cancel your PS Plus at all, not even over the phone! Keep this in mind if you choose to take advantage of the offer, beware!

bigkurz

Banned
Are you guys still able to play on vita? Not working for me.

Edit:never mind. Finally booted up. Good stuff. Working great on vita

Well I'm fucking impressed. I just tired SSFIV, Spelunky(I have this on PS4 and PC), Uncharted 1 and King of Fighters and I cannot perceive any input lag . I'm usually susceptible to that but here it's not noticeable at all. Image quality looks damn near native and what else can I say? It really freaking works. Wow.

I'm gonna go try it on PS Vita.

Are you guys still able to play on vita? Not working for me.

Edit:never mind. Finally booted up. Good stuff. Working great on vita

Well I'm fucking impressed. I just tired SSFIV, Spelunky(I have this on PS4 and PC), Uncharted 1 and King of Fighters and I cannot perceive any input lag . I'm usually susceptible to that but here it's not noticeable at all. Image quality looks damn near native and what else can I say? It really freaking works. Wow.

I'm gonna go try it on PS Vita.

Is it on par with rp on ps3 or ps4 or somewhere in between?

Eggbok

Just played Ninja Gaiden, it's not that bad at all. After I finished playing I noticed that LittleBigPlanet 3 was still running in the background. That's too cool! :O
Edit: About to try Killzone 3 now.

Is it on par with rp on ps3 or ps4 or somewhere in between?

Imo it's better than RP on the PS4 because for some reason I could always notice input lag but there but here I don't notice it at all. To be fair I'm on a great connection and hard wired. Well no.. that doesn't explain it being good on the Vita also..

I just tried playing SSFIV on the Vita and I couldn't tell if it wasn't a native game. Only way I could tell is if Digital Foundry would've came and played with me and wrote about it.

Seventy70

Does anyone know of access to it will be removed right when you cancel or will it last until the end of the 7 days?

Edit: I figured it out. You still get access even if you cancel auto renewal.

PSA: once you sign up for the trial, you can cancel renewal and be charged nothing, but you CANNOT cancel your PS Plus at all, not even over the phone! Keep this in mind if you choose to take advantage of the offer, beware!

I'm not sure what you're warning against. PS Plus you just go into settings and cancel auto renewal. What about this trial affects psplus?

Seventy70

How is there not any noticeable input lag? Shouldn't there necessarily be some since there is about and added 20ms of delay. I can barely notice anything.

How is there not any noticeable input lag? Shouldn't there necessarily be some since there is about and added 20ms of delay. I can barely notice anything.

That's what I'm saying. It's really unnoticeable. I even played Spelunky on the PS4 natively back to back with the PS Now version and I couldn't be damned to find a difference outside of framerate.

Top Bottom