• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alabama Teacher suspended after giving her students incredibly offensive math test

Status
Not open for further replies.
This teacher mustve either been really fucked in the head, or thought that she could get away with this shit given her position and environment.

Probably both.

JasonS

Neo Member
Philips told NBCBLK that Hall and her husband were the only parents to report their complaints to school, despite the outrage displayed on social media.

Well no shit, it's Alabama.

This teacher mustve either been really fucked in the head, or thought that she could get away with this shit given her position and environment.

Probably both.

She isn't "fucked in the head" at all. There's no doubt this sort of behavior is widely tolerated and accepted.

Enzom21

Yes, because being paid $200 (LMAO) for a stolen BMW and cheap cocaine is "racial shit."

Yeah there's absolutely nothing racist about this test. Foh.
You know full well it uses stereotypical black and Hispanic names to give Trump supporters like yourself a good little chuckle.

E92 M3

Yeah there's absolutely nothing racist about this test. Foh.
You know full well it uses stereotypical black and Hispanic names to give Trump supporters like yourself a good little chuckle.

Stop trying throw accusations against a person you don't even know. You don't know a single thing about my life, race, culture, or background to make these dumb accusations. Never once have I said racist stuff is funny. This test is so ridiculous it's funny. Also, no idea why you're singling me out.

Finally, I never stated who I am voting for - don't know why Trump is being brought into this.

KevinCow

Banned
damn, some of yall thought this was hilarious? just seems really racist imo.

It's 100% racist. But it's still hilarious.

It's not funny because we agree with the racial stereotypes. It's funny because of how stupid and blatant the racial stereotypes are. We're not laughing with racists because we agree with them, we're laughing at racists because they're idiots.

The teacher who gave so few fucks that she actually handed it out to her class makes it extra funny.

Enzom21

Stop trying throw accusations against a person you don't even know. You don't know a single thing about my life, race, culture, or background to make these dumb accusations. Never once have I said racist stuff is funny. This test is so ridiculous it's funny. Also, no idea why you're singling me out.

Finally, I never stated who I am voting for - don't know why Trump is being brought into this.

This test is racist and you find it funny and your post history says a whole lot about you.
I didn't write that you are a Trump voter, I wrote you are a Trump supporter, which you are.
You being a Trump supporter is quite relevant to why you find this racist shit funny.

E92 M3

This test is racist and you find it funny and your post history says a whole lot about you.
I didn't write that you are a Trump voter, I wrote you are a Trump supporter, which you are.
You being a Trump supporter is quite relevant to why you find this racist shit funny.

Lol all you are doing is singling me out. Why not call out everyone else out? Tons of people find certain aspects of the test funny. All you're doing is assuming shit about a person you don't know.

I also support Joe Biden, but don't see you mentioning that. I also like certain aspects of Obama. Of course, you will focus on Trump to create a false narrative.

Stop trolling me, please.

Enzom21

Lol all you are doing is singling me out. Why not call out everyone else out? Tons of people find certain aspects of the test funny. All you're doing is assuming shit about a person you don't know.

I also support Joe Biden, but don't see you mentioning that. I also like certain aspects of Obama. Of course, you will focus on Trump to create a false narrative.

Stop trolling me, please.

"But everyone else is doing it!" Everyone else who finds this funny is just as horrible as you.
Like I wrote in my initial post, given your post history regarding race, I am not shocked that you would find racist shit funny.
Are Biden and Obama outspoken racists like Trump?

E92 M3

"But everyone else is doing it!" Everyone else who finds this funny is just as horrible as you.
Like I wrote in my initial post, given your post history regarding race, I am not shocked that you would find racist shit funny.
Are Biden and Obama outspoken racists like Trump?

I don't support racism and the mods would have closed this topic a long time ago if they thought like you (where everyone is just being horrible). No one here finds racism funny; this is borderline dark satire - something that's present in a lot of popular media.

AGAIN, I thought it was funny that cocaine was so cheap and he was getting ripped off on BMW.

Stop trying to start problems where there aren't any.

DJChuy

Did the students do well on the exam? I would've been much more entertained if word problems were like this.

I don't really see the racial aspect (some of the names? should've sticked to johns then), but that's one weird ass overall theme she cooked up for a test. Maybe she figured edgy tests would score her a few cool points with the students

Reminds me of my weird physics teacher who kept making tests involving characters from the Totally Spies TV show for some reason

Things like a mother having 16 kids to get welfare is a negative stereotype against non-white people.

Enzom21

I don't support racism and the mods would have closed this topic a long time ago if they thought like you (where everyone is just being horrible). No one here finds racism funny; this is borderline dark satire - something that's present in a lot of popular media.

AGAIN, I thought it was funny that cocaine was so cheap and he was getting ripped off on BMW.

Stop trying to start problems where there aren't any.
You don't support racism but you support a racist like Trump? Okay, whatever you say. Not everyone in this thread thinks this racism is hilarious like you and your ilk so why would they close this thread?

What problem am I starting?

E92 M3

You don't support racism but you support a racist like Trump? Okay, whatever you say. Not everyone in this thread thinks this racism is hilarious like you and your ilk so why would they close this thread?

What problem am I starting?

Point me to where I find racism hilarious? Are BMWs and cocaine racists? Is using an AK-47 (one of the best guns ever made) for a drive-by racist? C'mon dude.

P.S. I'm an immigrant, so stop making assumptions about people.

Enzom21

Point me to where I find racism hilarious? Are BMWs and cocaine racists? Is using an AK-47 (one of the best guns ever made) for a drive-by racist? C'mon dude.

What does you being an immigrant have to do with anything we're discussing?
Also, when did I assume you weren't an immigrant?
So what trouble am I making?
Any "White" names on the test?

Of course not. But this satire and not racism apparently.

Cocaine and drive-bys are stereotypically attributed to non-white people.

E92 M3

What does you being an immigrant have to do with anything we're discussing?
Also, when did I assume you weren't an immigrant?
So what trouble am I making?

Of course not. But this satire and not racism apparently.

If you don't think you were starting trouble, that's fine. Not interested in perpetuating silly arguments.

Cocaine and drive-bys are stereotypically attributed to non-white people.

White people have been doing cocaine and drive-bys for generations now.

Enzom21

If you don't think you were starting trouble, that's fine. Not interested in perpetuating silly arguments.

You clearly think I was trying to start some sort of trouble, so what was it?

In the context of this test, they are not talking about white people and you fucking know that.
But hey you're an immigrant so laughing at racism is a-ok.

E92 M3

You clearly think I was trying to start some sort of trouble, so what was it?

In the context of this test, they are not talking about white people and you fucking know that.
But hey you're an immigrant so laughing at racism is a-ok.

Calling folks out. And I know they weren't talking about white people, but I wasn't laughing at the racism, but the fact that she used cocaine and stolen BMWs on a math test. How difficult is to understand?

E92 M3

Can you read the names man? They sound like white people to you?

Again, names were irrelevant to me. It could have been John Smith for all I care and it would have been equally hilarious. The concept of a math test having this content is so absurd it's funny.

The test is funny. The test is obviously poking fun at the idea of inner city kids being stereotyped and only able to relate to crime, drugs etc. We can laugh at it as a comical test for the intended reason. But this just sounds weird. It soinds like you dont think its racist?

E92 M3

The test is funny. The test is obviously poking fun at the idea of inner city kids being stereotyped and only able to relate to crime, drugs etc. We can laugh at it as a comical test for the intended reason. But this just sounds weird. It soinds like you dont think its racist?

Nah, it was racists obviously (the test itself), but he was saying that cocaine and drive-bys can't be attributed to white people. I think all races share it equally.

Enzom21

Calling folks out. And I know they weren't talking about white people, but I wasn't laughing at the racism, but the fact that she used cocaine and stolen BMWs on a math test. How difficult is to understand?
Calling folks out for finding racism hilarious is starting trouble? So you only find parts of a racist test funny huh? Okay, real believable
Can you read the names man? They sound like white people to you?

It's okay, he's an immigrant so it's not racist.

Nah, it was racists obviously (the test itself), but he was saying that cocaine and drive-bys can't be attributed to white people. I think all races share it equally.
Who cares, kid. White people aren't stereotyped for it, therefore it wouldn't be funny with white names. Unless you're a simpleton who laughs at things without understanding why.

I mean yeah in a general context. But generally speaking in the 1980-1990s in the US and specifically LA, you would be naive to think this stuff was associated with white people. Especially in the context of this test. An 8 ball, jump the boarder to mexico? Its rather naive to maake that broad statement. Which either I dont even think itmatters becuae i think the racism in this test totally makes it funnier.

Come back to this thread to see someone trying to argue that white people fall into the same driveby/cocaine stereotype as minorities. What a turn.

E92 M3

I mean yeah in a general context. But generally speaking in the 1980-1990s in the US and specifically LA, you would be naive to think this stuff was associated with white people. Especially in the context of this test. An 8 ball, jump the boarder to mexico? Its rather naive to maake that broad statement. Which either I dont even think itmatters becuae i think the racism in this test totally makes it funnier.

Some folks here have their private crusades, but personally racism wasn't even the first thought for me. The concept of a math test having this content was funny. Absurd concepts can be very funny to me and it's the basis of comedy in different media.

Some folks here have their private crusades, but personally racism wasn't even the first thought for me. The concept of a math test having this content was funny. Absurd concepts can be very funny to me and it's the basis of comedy in different media.

I totally think the test would be funny if you used white names. The context just changes is all. But yes I do think jist the simple concept of a kids math test using coke and pimps instead of apples and oranges is hilarious regardless of race.

But, the whole gang/grew for names, the fact its LA (LAPD well known for racism), thr names thenselves, its suuper obviously playimg a racial stereotype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom